BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery G30 / G31 UK Order Status Codes

03-26-2018, 04:14 AM   #221
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01) xDrive20i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardy82 View Post
Car is at the dealer!!

Arranged pick up for next Thursday 29th just in time for the bank holiday (and most probably the rain!)....I feel this may be the longest week ever!
Great mate 3 sleeps for you
Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-26-2018, 08:56 AM   #222
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboUK View Post
Great mate 3 sleeps for you
I've timed it impeccably...rain / snow / ice

Still sure I'll have a grin from ear to ear!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #223
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've timed it impeccably...rain / snow / ice

Still sure I'll have a grin from ear to ear!
mate yeah with the snow ice coming.

i have my winter wheels coming off tomorrow and get my summer wheels on. I am down south middle of the week onwards so i should be sweet down there as the north east and Scotland will get it.

might be a good thing if you got xdrive. I didnt bother with the xdrive as felt heavier and not as fun or could have been just me when i drove that and the rear wheel drive
Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-27-2018, 12:38 AM   #224
Pimpf
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530e M-Sport, Soph Grey

Smile

Quote:
two more sleeps
One more sleep...like a kid at Christmas.
Working late tomorrow so no pictures but I’ll take some over the weekend and post them.
Appreciate 2
RamboUK74.50
Wardy8258.50
      03-27-2018, 02:38 AM   #225
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpf View Post
Working late tomorrow so no pictures but I’ll take some over the weekend and post them.
Yeah boy one more sleep

Mine is at the dealers now getting the summers put back on

Travelling to london later today i see your in Bucks might see you cruising around
Appreciate 1
Pimpf13.00
      03-27-2018, 07:08 AM   #226
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

My car arrived last night. It was almost dark when it arrived so I struggled to check over it correctly.

Just managed a motorway run and its a pleasure to drive. Need to swap the wheels for my 664m ones that are sat in the garage.

Spent about 20 minutes trying to get music to stream from my phone, but it doesn't work... Only to remember I reset my iphone several weeks ago and wiped all the music off it. Ah, that will explain why it can't find any music to stream....
Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #227
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm7djs View Post

My car arrived last night. It was almost dark when it arrived so I struggled to check over it correctly.

Just managed a motorway run and its a pleasure to drive. Need to swap the wheels for my 664m ones that are sat in the garage.

Spent about 20 minutes trying to get music to stream from my phone, but it doesn't work... Only to remember I reset my iphone several weeks ago and wiped all the music off it. Ah, that will explain why it can't find any music to stream....
congrats mate

unfortunately it works better with apple than android but with android you get to see full playlists but with apple you cant.

Streaming over the bluetooth is sometimes hit and miss so i have bought a apple ipod and have all my spotify tunes saved offline on there.

If i ever want up to date or search the web for new tracks i use my android but rarely have to do that but it sometimes crashes and you cant connect to spotify again

Enjoy your new toy
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 08:02 AM   #228
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

Streaming without any music on your phone don't work...

Just want to get out and give the car a full valet. Dealer preps are terrible. My windscreen looks like its been smeared on the inside by a child with dirty fingers
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #229
RamboUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Streaming without any music on your phone don't work...

Just want to get out and give the car a full valet. Dealer preps are terrible. My windscreen looks like its been smeared on the inside by a child with dirty fingers
LOL yes i know it wont work without music was just stating what i found to work and what didnt.

thats a shame they didnt prep it nicely for you. but yeah i agree when you get it done elsewhere comes out looking even better.

Enjoy the drive and look forward to seeing some pics

Im off to London now from Newcastle so a nice cruise
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #230
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Im jealous! I won’t sleep a wink the night before... literally haven’t been this excited since I was a kid and got my sega megadrive! Even more frustrating, my cars ready, just can’t get down to pick it up till Friday!
Appreciate 1
Pimpf13.00
      03-27-2018, 02:14 PM   #231
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I’ve already pre-warned my other half that she won’t see me for hours while I’m sat outside on the drive playing with the gadgets!
Appreciate 1
Pimpf13.00
      03-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #232
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
mate yeah with the snow ice coming.

i have my winter wheels coming off tomorrow and get my summer wheels on. I am down south middle of the week onwards so i should be sweet down there as the north east and Scotland will get it.

might be a good thing if you got xdrive. I didnt bother with the xdrive as felt heavier and not as fun or could have been just me when i drove that and the rear wheel drive
No Xdrive for me, like you I quite like the characteristics of RWD, plus I part exchanged a daily diesel on the low emmisions, this ruled the xdrive out due to the slightly increased c02 figure.

I’m avidly watching the weather! Fingers crossed it’s just looking wet at the moment, I’m just annoyed it’s gonna be grafted by the time I get it home!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #233
Pimpf
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No Xdrive for me, like you I quite like the characteristics of RWD, plus I part exchanged a daily diesel on the low emmisions, this ruled the xdrive out due to the slightly increased c02 figure.

I’m avidly watching the weather! Fingers crossed it’s just looking wet at the moment, I’m just annoyed it’s gonna be grafted by the time I get it home!
Mine’s being delivered tomorrow... now to try and sleep!
Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #234
Pimpf
United Kingdom
Rep

Smile It's here!!!

It's here, and well worth the wait, 19 miles on the clock and looking awesome. Shame it's raining and I'm stuck at work until late! Still, off tomorrow, told my better half I'll be playing all day...and most of the weekend!

Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #235
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It's here, and well worth the wait, 19 miles on the clock and looking awesome. Shame it's raining and I'm stuck at work until late! Still, off tomorrow, told my better half I'll be playing all day...and most of the weekend!

Enjoy it mate!! I make the drive down to Plymouth tomorrow for collection on Friday morning, cant wait! Going to enjoy that drive back up North!
Appreciate 1
Pimpf13.00
      03-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #236
Pimpf
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Enjoy it mate!! I make the drive down to Plymouth tomorrow for collection on Friday morning, cant wait! Going to enjoy that drive back up North!
It’s awesome. Enjoy.
Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #237
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It’s awesome. Enjoy.
Well I picked her up this evening as I got here earlier than expected. Just done a lap around the Tamar Valley / Dartmoor area on some simply beautiful roads...all I can say is WOW!! I haven't stopped smiling! In my opinion this is everything a BWW, more specifically a 5 Series in M Sport guise, should be. Its the perfect combination of performance and luxury!

As for the Icon lights, they work incredibly well..could see them working independent on a foggy road on top of the moors, could clearly see the beams doing their thing avoiding cars incredibly well indeed, very impressed!

Overall I am a happy chappy! The matte black M-perf sills, rear diffuser and black grille on on a sophisto grey car drew a-lot of attention in the dealership from salesmen and customers! Very happy with my purcahse indeed, photos to follow (once I figure out how to post them!)

Last edited by Wardy82; 03-29-2018 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
Pimpf13.00
      03-30-2018, 01:55 AM   #238
ztx84
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Well I picked her up this evening as I got here earlier than expected. Just done a lap around the Tamar Valley / Dartmoor area on some simply beautiful roads...all I can say is WOW!! I haven't stopped smiling! In my opinion this is everything a BWW, more specifically a 5 Series in M Sport guise, should be. Its the perfect combination of performance and luxury!

As for the Icon lights, they work incredibly well..could see them working independent on a foggy road on top of the moors, could clearly see the beams doing their thing avoiding cars incredibly well indeed, very impressed!

Overall I am a happy chappy! The matte black M-perf sills, rear diffuser and black grille on on a sophisto grey car drew a-lot of attention in the dealership from salesmen and customers! Very happy with my purcahse indeed, photos to follow (once I figure out how to post them!)
Brilliant mate - hope you enjoy it! Pics would be good when you get a chance!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 05:42 AM   #239
Pimpf
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking Happy, happy, happy

Quote:

I too went Soph Grey, love it, agree re icon lights too, looking forward to getting out and using them more though in different situations, I had a couple of people flash me as though they were dazzling.

Sports electric seats are snug and comfy, shame the thigh extension is not electrically adjustable too, seems a cheap decision. Folding mirrors (auto dipping in reverse) and rear camera work well, although I think the mirror angle in reverse could do with being independently adjustable. Need to remember to keep ththe camera lense clean.

Comfort access is great, that said I need to keep reminding myself to lock it as I walk away, boot opens easily, but why not include the auto close function??

Wired in dash cam, nice and simple to passenger footwell.

Running on 20” wheels is smoother than I had expected and they look awesome.

IDrive 6 is leaps ahead of the iDrive I had in the F10.

Overall I am not just a happy but ecstatic bunny.

Last edited by Pimpf; 03-30-2018 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: Adding info
Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-30-2018, 04:59 PM   #240
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx84 View Post
Brilliant mate - hope you enjoy it! Pics would be good when you get a chance!
Took the scenic route home today, done nearly 500 miles with a smile on my face for every single one of them! I took a few quick pics when I picked it up (in a rainy costa car park), not sure how you post them though
Appreciate 1
Pimpf13.00
      03-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #241
ztx84
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Took the scenic route home today, done nearly 500 miles with a smile on my face for every single one of them! I took a few quick pics when I picked it up (in a rainy costa car park), not sure how you post them though
Good stuff... I can't stop driving mine - proving expensive at the moment! To upload pics I think you need to scroll down the page a bit when you post/reply and then click "manage attachments" or something like that; You may need to resize them as the site doesn't seem to support large pics.
Appreciate 1
Wardy8258.50
      03-31-2018, 09:44 AM   #242
Wardy82
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Few quick pics from a rainy costa when I picked her up
Attached Images

Last edited by Wardy82; 03-31-2018 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
Pimpf13.00
RamboUK74.50