BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion I guess I didn't get the memo...

03-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
Wink I guess I didn't get the memo...

Tonight I was driving in my 335i, minding my own business, when I hear this loud, obnoxious noise from the passenger side of my car. I look over to see a guy in a late model VW GTI with a fart-can exhaust, revving his engine, I guess trying to get me to race. I just continued driving normally and let him rev and rev his little engine. When he finally got the point that I wasn't an immature street-racer intent on embarrassing him, he protested by flooring it, hitting the limiter on a couple of occasions, and driving off into the night. As he drove away rather slowly (despite his super high-performance exhaust ) I noticed something that made me laugh... I really wish I had time to take a pic.

You know those "pissing boy" bumper stickers you usually only see on pickups driven by guys in cowboy hats? This guy had two of them on his rear windshield; one on the driver's side and one on the passenger side. The one on the drivers side was pissing on a Mercedes emblem. The one of the passenger side was pissing on a BMW roundel.

I guess when the automotive world decided that GTIs, or any Volkswagens for that matter, are superior to BMWs and Mercedes, I didn't get the memo...

This guy's delusional thinking is funny, but the fact that he had his incredibly delusional thinking proudly displayed on the back window of his car is absolutely hilarious.

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
Greatdane84
Leeeroy Jankins
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
I woulda floored it... Got in front and let my windshield wiper fluid piss all over his windshield

"If you're not 1st, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13' X1, 02' Chev S10

Thanks for sharing!

Funny, I see those decals all the time up here in my neck of the woods, but like you said, usually on Ford, Chevy, or Ram.

One day, you'll meet him again on the street, except this time, he'll hear your exhaust as you pass him while he's parked on the side of the road with his hood up.
      03-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
ferny
Rep
Drives: 2006 650i

I would of floored it. Those kids are a joke I get then a lot here in chicago. I also get little kids thinking there G35 and civics are faster then my 6er.. Pfffft.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
bga23
Dirty old man
Rep
Drives: 2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

Works best at red light but I like to rev my engine too and let him think we're gonna race. When light turns green I just sit there for a sec and then proceed pretty slowly.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

you give him money to buy a real car, and see how fast those decals come off. Because he will be driving one.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:32 AM   #7
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

reminds me of a guy (from few years ago) in a hyundai coupe (don't really know the model nor did I care) revved so desperately next to me at a light asking for a race, and he stalled as soon as the light turned green. There are sure some funny moments on the streets from time to time.
      03-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

I've seen some funny ones too. Riced out with multiple looking body kit (looked like he had two different kits on the car) on his old Mitsubishi Eclipse pissing on a Honda emblem lol. Got a lot of tools around me with G35s thinking their cars are the fastest thing on the road too

People crack me up
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
FOACAD
Airborne!
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW/CR 135i Msport

I could never get races in my GTi, its undergoing surgery right now but before I tore it down it definitely wouldnt have been embarrassed or even beaten by your 335i.

GTi's do seem to have a large amount of "im too cool for a civic" young kids driving them these days which sucks. Love my 20th so much.

2012 BMW 135i ///MSport Alpine White / Coral Red Leather
JB4 Stage 2 ISO | BMS Intake | ER Charge Pipe | AR Downpipe
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
the_jaguar
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
reminds me of a guy (from few years ago) in a hyundai coupe (don't really know the model nor did I care) revved so desperately next to me at a light asking for a race, and he stalled as soon as the light turned green. There are sure some funny moments on the streets from time to time.
seriously? with a hyundai? what was he thinking!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Nothing beats the G35/37 crowd. All of them have something to prove when they see a Bmw for some reason. Maybe deep down inside they really wanted a Bmw but could only afford a Infiniti or mommy/daddy didn't get them what they really want. It just pisses me off every time I see one pull behind me they always do something stupid when I had my 335 and even now in my F10 despite me having a Baby on Board sticker on my windows (newborn baby girl is always with me)

Alan
      03-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

^^

A G35/G37 is as fast if not faster than a standard 3 series though.

But I know what you mean, and I tend to think the people you are thinking of 2nd, 3rd owners....

Let's just say that after certain cars become a certain age and depreciate a certain amount....What was once a car driven by people of the 30-40k crowd is now driven by people of the 10-20k crowd

You guys can interpret that however you want
      03-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
NeoNz
335 Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

Garage List
lol
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_jaguar
Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
seriously? with a hyundai? what was he thinking!
Yep. Some dark blue-ish Hyundai with a huge rear wing. That was all I can remember. I still tell this story occasionally with frds. Just hard to erase it from memory.
      03-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
^^

A G35/G37 is as fast if not faster than a standard 3 series though.

But I know what you mean, and I tend to think the people you are thinking of 2nd, 3rd owners....

Let's just say that after certain cars become a certain age and depreciate a certain amount....What was once a car driven by people of the 30-40k crowd is now driven by people of the 10-20k crowd

You guys can interpret that however you want
Its true but when you see a modified 335 chances are the engine isn't stock either. One guy wanted to race me so bad (random) he followed me to my gf's house and saw me pull into the driveway. He then waited for me to leave 5mins later (he drove around the block twice) and followed me to the next light where he lined up next to me. Lets just say that the light turned green what happened afterwards...... i don't think he would be looking for anymore modded 335's to run anymore It was totally random and I've never seen this guy or his car before. I was just minding my own business and drove pass him. He must have heard my exhaust and decided to follow me right away.
      03-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #16
Ryan9095
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Nothing beats the G35/37 crowd. All of them have something to prove when they see a Bmw for some reason. Maybe deep down inside they really wanted a Bmw but could only afford a Infiniti or mommy/daddy didn't get them what they really want. It just pisses me off every time I see one pull behind me they always do something stupid when I had my 335 and even now in my F10 despite me having a Baby on Board sticker on my windows (newborn baby girl is always with me)

Alan
Alan you couldn't have said it better. Back in my college days there was this one dope in my dorm building with a G-something (I can't remember the model) and he thought he was the hottest shit ever. Every time we'd leave campus together he would try to race against my 3 coupe. They are wannabe Beemers.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #17
EricFTW
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46

Found one with a quick search incase anyone wants to see the decal..

http://www.decalsplanet.com/item-2181-pee-on-bmw.html

Silly VW owners...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
SDSmain
Private
Rep
Drives: ///M / AMG

The funniest are the kids in their little G35s and think they can beat my M3 or my c63 amg coupe...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
SDSmain
Private
Rep
Drives: ///M / AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post

Alan
You couldn't have said it better. I hate those kids they actually think they can take the M3 or the c63 amg coupe in a race... I just laugh. And their way of racing is straight line which they would get spanked too. No way they would come onto a track
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #20
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

The other day I experienced something I never expected.
A ricer (looked like something that started out as a Lancer before adding plastic) came up next to me, and the kid revved his engine and looked expectantly at me, and revved again.

That wouldn't have made me lift an eyebrow if not for two things:
1: It was snowing.
2: I wasn't in my BMW, I was in my Mercury Mountaineer.
Appreciate 0