BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Jalopnik BMW engine rant - I read this and I am pissed

03-29-2017, 10:55 AM   #45
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Actually, this is only recently. Motor Trend, Road and track, Car and Driver, Automobile Magazine have always had the M3 and the 3 series on their top 10 lists. In fact, they have been accused of being biased towards BMW.

Now, it seems that the Domestics have caught up, and it seems that at the same time, many of BMW enthusiasts are bemoaning that BMW has lost it's shine and that "M" stands for marketing. Coincidence? Is there some homegrown bias at play, yes. Just like with the Germans, but you can't deny that the domestics have stepped it up.

And let's not forget that Randy Pobst drove for Porsche and also raced BMWs and one of the reviers has an e30 wagon. And that Camaro that you mentioned? It was no ordinary Camaro, it was a Z/28 (you failed to mention that). And on another track, the GT-R probably would have won. The Camaro was never a Muscle car to begin with, it was pony "sporty" car to go up against the Mustang...and now, both have been more focused on sport, and aimed at the (Germans) M4.
Yes, I've noticed it more recently. It seems 9 times out of 10 they pit an American car against a non American car and they say the American car is better, that's why I've stopped watching the Motor Trend car reviews, they seem too biased in favor of GM, Ford and Chrysler (though the latter is essentially Fiat nowadays).
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #46
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_sk View Post
I didn't even know you could get a 96 months financing on salvaged 335xi!