BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Increase hud and cluster brightness? (Via BimmerCode?)

05-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #1
goto35
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 m3 cars in 14 years :)

Increase hud and cluster brightness? (Via BimmerCode?)

I was able to do dim var for the stereo screen what about the hud and cluster? Any way to code extra bright?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Each to their own but sure why you feel there is a need to do that. Assume you are aware the brightness can be adjusted in the idrive and it automatically adjusts itself based on the ambient light anyway. Never had a problem seeing it whatever is going on outside.

You're not wearing polarised sunglasses by any chance hence asking?

In answer to original question no don't know but it may be possible to code it permanently at its highest level , seem to recall someone finding a similar setting for the instrument cluster in the f10 to fool it into what was night and day.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 11:39 PM   #3
wheresmy5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto35 View Post
I was able to do dim var for the stereo screen what about the hud and cluster? Any way to code extra bright?
You can't make it any brighter than the highest setting on the scroll wheel (cluster) and idrive (HUD). I don't really have an issue with the highest settings for those displays (they are independent of ambient light luckily), take it from the guy who is convinced that the stock G30 idrive display setting is a bug and needs to be coded back to F10 setting immediately after taking delivery.
Appreciate 0