BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Radio Won't Remain in Preset Mode

05-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
High Flier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550iX

Radio Won't Remain in Preset Mode

I have my preset FM/XM radio stations set. For some reason, normally after shut down, my radio defaults back to FM or XM mode, and the HUD shows ALL radio stations within range (either FM or XM, depending on the station previously selected). Then I have to re-select the preset mode on my radio.

Is there a way to keep my radio in preset mode?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
Rotherd31
User Name
Rep
Drives: 2023 G83 BG/FR/ 963M wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flier View Post
I have my preset FM/XM radio stations set. For some reason, normally after shut down, my radio defaults back to FM or XM mode, and the HUD shows ALL radio stations within range (either FM or XM, depending on the station previously selected). Then I have to re-select the preset mode on my radio.

I have EXACTLY the same issue! Should your dealer or someone here give you the fix, please let me know so that I can get the issue corrected. My service mgr. just scratches his head on this. I did find an easier correction every time I turn on the car. I simply press the mic button and say "radio presets" and they go back on my hud screen. Still a PITA and shouldn't have to be doing this.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flier View Post

I want to try and help out, but I don't exactly get what you're saying.

When you said, shut down, do you mean radio turning off or your car being turned off?

What do you mean can you keep your radio in preset mode? What's a preset mode?

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
Rotherd31
User Name
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
I want to try and help out, but I don't exactly get what you're saying.

When you said, shut down, do you mean radio turning off or your car being turned off?

What do you mean can you keep your radio in preset mode? What's a preset mode?
Every time I cycle the ignition (on/off) I lose the preset mode in my HUD and also the media radio screen. This never happened with my M4. What I;m saying is that after I shut off the car, re-enter and start it up again, the radio is on the same preset station that I was listening to when I shut off the car, but it is in that band that I was listening to, not the preset band. Exa: Let's say I was listening to 6 on Sirius via my preset list when I shut off the car, when I turn it back on again I don't have my preset list, but all the sequential sat channel listings. Same with any other band. Listening say to 107.3 FM on my preset list when shutting off the car. Turning it on and the hud/radio shows the same 107.3 station and the sequential in range FM stations, not my preset list. Does this clear up our problem? Drives me nuts and all my dealer does is scratch his f.....ing head!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotherd31 View Post
I have EXACTLY the same issue! Should your dealer or someone here give you the fix, please let me know so that I can get the issue corrected. My service mgr. just scratches his head on this. I did find an easier correction every time I turn on the car. I simply press the mic button and say "radio presets" and they go back on my hud screen. Still a PITA and shouldn't have to be doing this.
That is my fix as well and the easiest one. Others are to press the IDrive media button (once, if presets don't come up on the display, press a second time, then you can select presets) or to use one of your memory buttons to bring up the presets.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
Rotherd31
User Name
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
That is my fix as well and the easiest one. Others are to press the IDrive media button (once, if presets don't come up on the display, press a second time, then you can select presets) or to use one of your memory buttons to bring up the presets.
Thanks Steve! Followed your directions and now have presets on button # 6!! Still shouldn't have to do this work around, but guess it is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 07:11 PM   #7
dlf750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i M Package

Garage List
me too. again, shouldn't have to do this on this pricey of a car. I have a button for HUD and interior lighting as well, since i like to change it fairly often. I just can't figure out how to code a button for car play.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #8
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

I also have the same issue.

In addition to this i always have maps on the NBT screen. But sometimes car starts with the main menu screen

Still no fix for this?
Appreciate 0