BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Full Screen Carplay - Coding Services Offered?

12-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #1
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Full Screen Carplay - Coding Services Offered?

I am looking to do the full screen carplay on my 2019 G30 but can't find anyone who does it other than eBay.

OEM Navigations website has been down for 3 months, the forum users where I saw suggested names in various threads all have full PM inboxes so you can't message them and the only other sites I found while searching the web want hundreds but don't come off as reputable.

So thought I would start a thread to see if anyone could point me and other visitors of this thread in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #2
vinch9292
China
Rep
Drives: BMW 530Le G38

i saw a setting in bimmercode expert mode showed carplay_fullscreen but havent try yet
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 11:28 PM   #3
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinch9292 View Post
i saw a setting in bimmercode expert mode showed carplay_fullscreen but havent try yet
I bought mine from OEM Navigations. If you're thinking about doing the backup camera recall which updates your system to EVO version S it will not work afterwards. This is what just happened to me. They are working on an update since BMW added additional security.

It's not just programming changes. The CarPlay.ini file on the head unit has to be modified for the new icon size and icon spacing. BimmerCode can't do that part - even in expert mode. I've tried that setting in the past and it does nothing. The appropriate changes have to be made to the file system on the head unit.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 11:34 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
I am looking to do the full screen carplay on my 2019 G30 but can't find anyone who does it other than eBay.

OEM Navigations website has been down for 3 months, the forum users where I saw suggested names in various threads all have full PM inboxes so you can't message them and the only other sites I found while searching the web want hundreds but don't come off as reputable.

So thought I would start a thread to see if anyone could point me and other visitors of this thread in the right direction.
I messaged them last week after getting my vehicle back from the dealership and they responded immediately saying they are working on an update to vehicles with EVO S. As I mentioned in the post right above this one, that's the firmware you will be upgraded to if you let them perform the backup camera recall.

In other news, if you let BMW upgrade your firmware you will have to recode everything for most of the modules.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks - I am on EVO_S as I did do the recall notice while in for service last week.

good know it's not ready - I'll wait on that until we hear more, thanks.

I was also looking to possible do some other work like Anti-dazzle, so didn't know if anyone does that coding plus the carplay both. Appears OEM Nav only does the carplay.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks - I am on EVO_S as I did do the recall notice while in for service last week.

I was also looking to possible do some other work like Anti-dazzle, so didn't know if anyone does that coding plus the carplay both. Appears OEM Nav only does the carplay.
There are plenty of people that do widescreen CarPlay. BMW made security enhancements to their head unit, so it's difficult for anyone to do it with the newest firmware. With OEM Navigations you can update the same vehicle as many times as you want. I am still waiting for the update to reapply it. They were very responsive regarding my previous purchase.

As far as the anti-dazzle, that shouldn't be affected because that's not controlled by the head unit that is part of the backup camera recall.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Update: OEM Navigations told me that they have widescreen CarPlay working with EVO version S now. I'll let you know in about 30 min!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #8
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Boom! The newest installer from OEM Navigations added it back after the backup camera recall on EVO version S! Eff yeah!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #9
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

VirtualGuitars - Do you have contact information for OEM Navigations? their website doesn't work for contacting them or ordering.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2019, 11:48 AM   #10
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
VirtualGuitars - Do you have contact information for OEM Navigations? their website doesn't work for contacting them or ordering.
They are having an ongoing battle with BMW, so they have changed domain names. It is also blocked in certain states. I was just having a long conversation with the guy last night. Here is the new domain name and their email address. This guy has always been super responsive and gave me a new code within minutes so it would work with their new feature installer. No additional charge.

https://oemnavigation.ga
**************@gmail.com

Please tell him I sent you. I told them I'd give them a few plugs on this forum for their services.

Update: for some reason the forum is blocking the email address. It is OEM Navigations (plural) at the domain name listed above.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50
      12-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #11
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just wanted to share I did the CarPlay Fullscreen coding through OEM Navigations today. Fast responses and support on the few questions I had. Install was smooth and fast.

I haven't had time to play more than a few minutes and will share more when I get some drive time this week.
Appreciate 2
      12-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #12
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just wanted to share I did the CarPlay Fullscreen coding through OEM Navigations today. Fast responses and support on the few questions I had. Install was smooth and fast.

I haven't had time to play more than a few minutes and will share more when I get some drive time this week.
Told ya! BTW, they answer my emails no matter what time I of the day send them! Kudos to their service after the sale. They could have told me I needed to buy it again, but they just gave me a newer code and I was able to reapply the patch after the backup camera recall.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 11:35 PM   #13
saporitj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

There are plenty of people that do widescreen CarPlay. BMW made security enhancements to their head unit, so it's difficult for anyone to do it with the newest firmware. With OEM Navigations you can update the same vehicle as many times as you want. I am still waiting for the update to reapply it. They were very responsive regarding my previous purchase.

As far as the anti-dazzle, that shouldn't be affected because that's not controlled by the head unit that is part of the backup camera recall.
Oh how I wish that was true, I lost anti-dazzle and every other coded change Al made and there were plenty after the rear camera recall. If I knew Al wouldn't be around to put the changes back I would have skipped the recall besides I think the camera just isn't as bright.
      01-11-2020, 12:10 AM   #14
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by saporitj View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Oh how I wish that was true, I lost anti-dazzle and every other coded change Al made and there were plenty after the rear camera recall. If I knew Al wouldn't be around to put the changes back I would have skipped the recall besides I think the camera just isn't as bright.
It's definitely not as bright!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 04:55 AM   #15
Magic-gnome
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2019 530xi G31

Quote:
I'm on evo_Pxx and looking to buy the Carplay fullscreen coding but should I update to S first? Or is the recall only in the US and not EU?

Last edited by Magic-gnome; 01-11-2020 at 05:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 05:45 AM   #16
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-gnome View Post
Quote:
I'm on evo_Pxx and looking to buy the Carplay fullscreen coding but should I update to S first? Or is the recall only in the US and not EU?
Upgrade to S first. If you have widescreen CarPlay now, it will be removed. You'll have to reapply it afterwards.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #17
BimmerFreedom
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11, G31

Is this the best way to get Apple CarPlay working? I bought a vgate icar pro and bimmercode but not seeing the options to enable it.

Also, I was told by another code that I needed to buy (and install) a Wifi aerial...which I’m not keen on doing tbh.

Anyone point me in the right direction with this?
Appreciate 0