BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding iPhone XR missing Recent Calls

11-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

iPhone XR missing Recent Calls

Just upgraded my phone to an iPhone XR and i've connected the phone to my G30.

All seems to work fine, except the Recent Calls when I select through the idrive or through pressing the phone button on the steering wheel.

The list is completely blank - even though they are showing on my handset.

Anybody experienced this problem - tried disconnecting and reconnecting, tried deleted the bluetooth device and rediscovering it.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 03:29 AM   #2
gjross
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm7djs View Post

All seems to work fine, except the Recent Calls when I select through the idrive or through pressing the phone button on the steering wheel.

Anybody experienced this problem - tried disconnecting and reconnecting, tried deleted the bluetooth device and rediscovering it.

Any ideas?
In my experience, iDrive does not download the missed calls list from your iPhone (same for recent calls list). It only lists missed calls from when it was actually connected to the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

That is exactly what my car is doing. Only calls made or received in the car are showing up.

But it used to pick up the list from old iPhone 6s
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 05:14 AM   #4
Osheatwo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 M50i  [10.00]
2023 BMW 330E  [10.00]
Quote:

Any ideas?
Quote:
That is exactly what my car is doing. Only calls made or received in the car are showing up.

But it used to pick up the list from old iPhone 6s
In your Bluetooth setting On Your iPhone click the i next to your car name and turn on sync contacts. Then you have to check "recent call" and Favorite. Hope that solves your problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:54 PM   #5
@gti
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW320xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osheatwo View Post
In your Bluetooth setting On Your iPhone click the i next to your car name and turn on sync contacts. Then you have to check "recent call" and Favorite. Hope that solves your problem.
I've got the same problem, though my car is F30 with ENTRYNAV onboard and my phone is XS. Used to work fine with iPhone SE. Checking and unchacking bluetooth connection options doesn't work out, as well as updating phone firmware, reconnecting the phone, deleting the list of recent calls, and so on.

Once it happened to upload the list, but I couldn't notice the circumstances and repeat it. I'm going to visit my dealer to update ETRYNAV firmware to the newest March version and then, if doesn't help, make complaints to both BMW and Apple.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #6
Brad4fun
Canada
Rep
Drives: G05/G30

check the BMW update website put your vin in and download the update to a USB. install it yourself. that'll fix the problem.
Appreciate 0