BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Adblue System Failure & Engine Management light, on,off,on,off..

07-28-2023, 09:28 AM   #1
SallGoodman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 520D Msport

Angry Adblue System Failure & Engine Management light, on,off,on,off..

Hello all, lovely to be here, I wish my first post was something of a more happier note but my brain cell is bamboozled and wondered if any of you may have a little light to shed.

Sunday afternoon: Driving along, a warning message and engine management light suddenly pops up! "Adblue system failure" I wasn't low on Adblue, I still had 2500 miles left.
It stays on all day, alert tone whenever I open the door.

I was going to take it to the garage the next day, a hard task because BMW main dealer prices are extortion and the last BMW indy garage I used ripped me off.
I decided to try one thing, top up the AdBlue and immediately, 4500 Miles of Adblue in the tank, all lights, tones all gone!
Blasted it down the motorway, nothing, drove around, nothing all fine.

Thursday, drove down the road, "Adblue system failure" and engine management light on! Only a short trip for a pick up, went back home for 5 mins and decided to bite the bullet, go to an indy BMW garage that I looked up, with less than flattering reviews I might add!
Gets back in the car, engine management light is on, no tone and Adblue warning! I check the computer, "No faults"
Drive to a shop, park up and leave for 5 mins, engine management light off! All fine since then!

I'm absolutely perplexed! Is it a software glitch, a real fault. I do not know.

I had a VW 20 years back, engine kept cutting out, I spent 100's on diagnostics, no one found a thing and all it needed was a reset.
I'm sceptical of dragging it around everywhere trying to get a diagnosis!

Any help, much obliged .
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 06:51 AM   #2
mydmrg30
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Hi SallGoodman,

any updates on that? I have the same problem. There is another post with a suggestion to use a kind of AdBlue Additive. Did you have used it by chance?
Appreciate 0