BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding DAB tuning, how do you get it to search for new stations?

04-18-2017, 04:55 AM   #1
Anglo_dude
Rep
Drives: G30 540I Xdrive

DAB tuning, how do you get it to search for new stations?

Hi All,

Strange problem going on with my new 540i... I can't seem to get it to search for more DAB channels. All I've got at the moment are the BBC main stations (1-6 and world service). How do I force the DAB to search for more ensembles?

From other searches it seems to group them into the frequency code and automagically adds them depending on the area, but I can't find any way to force the system to do this. I've been driving around my area for a good few days now, so I would have expected it to find more stations by now

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,

Chris
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglo_dude View Post
Hi All,

Strange problem going on with my new 540i... I can't seem to get it to search for more DAB channels. All I've got at the moment are the BBC main stations (1-6 and world service). How do I force the DAB to search for more ensembles?

From other searches it seems to group them into the frequency code and automagically adds them depending on the area, but I can't find any way to force the system to do this. I've been driving around my area for a good few days now, so I would have expected it to find more stations by now

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,

Chris
On my f10 it's automatically display the available DAB stations.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #3
Anglo_dude
Rep
Drives: G30 540I Xdrive

Hmmm, I know there are a lot more stations around here (Maidenhead) than the car is picking up...

It does seem to be the most obtuse DAB system I've come across.
Appreciate 0