BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Streets of Houston

07-17-2019, 08:19 PM   #23
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

After the second Goodyear failure, this most recent one while driving through Waco to DFW, I ordered Michelin PS3ZP runflats, and had them mounted today. Expensive option, but the Goodyears really were terrible. Hopefully the Michelin will solve my problems.
Appreciate 3
      11-17-2019, 06:56 AM   #24
THEX5BEAST
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5D X Drive/ 2018 540D M

Garage List
Goodyears

My 540D came with GY ES ROF 19". They are noisy and after two attempts at balancing them I still have a bouncy ride. Also get a humming resonating sound that varies with speed. Pretty sure its the tires. Dealership agreed after a couple of days of messing with it. Got the factory spare but really like the RF technology and plan to replace with Michelin PS3 RF's as soon as they are available in 245/40/19. I'm wondering if anyone has gone the same route and what they think. Have the M Sport and dynamic handling package if it makes a difference. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 03:17 PM   #25
hlothery
Seeking mental floss
Rep
Drives: 2022 Mercedes EQS 450+

Probably have close to 8K miles on the Michelin PS3ZP runflats by now, replaced the Goodyears in July. Love the Michelins, head and shoulders above the Goodyears in comfort, noise, and in handling. I had an M4 with PS4S on it, and these new Michelin RFs handle much the same as the PS4S, very grippy. Love them. These may finally be the answer to RFs which are really performance tires.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #26
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

2 weeks with the car and got a bubble on the tire from a pothole.

Here in Chicago they offered me a protection plan for $1350.00 for 3 years which covers dings, windshield, lost keys, tires and rims including cosmetic damage on them.
Chicago streets will make mince meat out of most rim/tire combos. I'm on 19s and have gone through two tires in the last three months.
Attached Images

12-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #27
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Here in Chicago they offered me a protection plan for $1350.00 for 3 years which covers dings, windshield, lost keys, tires and rims including cosmetic damage on them.
Chicago streets will make mince meat out of most rim/tire combos. I'm on 19s and have gone through two tires in the last three months.
I literally just replaced my tire with 5-6 bubbles that made me post this thread in the first place. Sucks!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #28
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

I literally just replaced my tire with 5-6 bubbles that made me post this thread in the first place. Sucks!
In Chicago you can document the damage, get pics of the offending pothole, file a police report, and if you're super lucky you might get reimbursed for 50% of the damage. Only catch is you gotta wait like 7 months as your claim crawls through city council meetings.... Ask me how I know! SMH
      12-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #29
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

In Chicago you can document the damage, get pics of the offending pothole, file a police report, and if you're super lucky you might get reimbursed for 50% of the damage. Only catch is you gotta wait like 7 months as your claim crawls through city council meetings.... Ask me how I know! SMH
It's not worth it. Our current Mayor has failed on one of his many promises to cleanup all of the potholes in Houston. Years later not one has been fixed by the city. NOT ONE.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #30
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

It's not worth it. Our current Mayor has failed on one of his many promises to cleanup all of the potholes in Houston. Years later not one has been fixed by the city. NOT ONE.
I feel your pain! With the freeze/thaw cycle here it wreaks absolute havoc on our roads. We may need to take a cue from those guys in Detroit who joined forces to cut the tall ass grass on the vacant lots because the city wouldn't do it on their own! Anybody got an asphalt truck I can borrow?
      01-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #31
miner42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Quote:
And now, we have 4 more yrs of his lying, do-nothing attitude sh*t to listen to.
      01-09-2020, 08:00 AM   #32
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miner42 View Post
Quote:
And now, we have 4 more yrs of his lying, do-nothing attitude sh*t to listen to.
Let's not forget the 100k internships that he hands out to personal friends with "0" hours of experience.
Appreciate 0