BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Anyone try Screen Mirroring using Android on the go?

02-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Anyone try Screen Mirroring using Android on the go?

Hi all,

As an Android user, I'm upset only Carplay is available on the G30 but I know I can live without Android Auto since the nav system is included. However, recently I came across videos that show you can do screen mirroring with I believe Miracast enabled Android phones. What they don't tell you though is whether you can do that while driving or only while parked. If you can do this while driving, I guess this solves the need for Android Auto since you can then just use the Android Auto standalone app in mirrored mode. Anyone have experience with this? I can imagine the steering wheel buttons won't control the app and such but I can live with that. Let me know if anyone has tried mirroring using an Android and while in Drive, not just in park, thank you!
Appreciate 0