BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Fighting with my HOA

05-28-2020, 06:05 PM   #23
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
What part of that was 4 YEARS ago did you miss & there has been no issue since?
Well that doesn't really matter.... it doesn't mean that it won't or can't happen again !
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #24
Yessir
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

I just purchased my first home and don't know much about HOA. What I do know is that, in my opinion, they are a bunch of idiots that don't know crap about crap and just like to raise fees and have nothing to show for it. Just like this damn state of California, I look at it like a tiny government that controls your neighborhood and pass dumb policies that do nothing but waste your money. They are a bunch of unqualified idiots that want to be in a position of power that shouldn't be there. I hate getting notices to go to the damn meetings and vote for new board members. I am at home and want to be left alone- I am not at work, you don't pay me to be there and I pay my dues, so leave me the hell alone. I have no suggestions for you OP, but I feel your pain, sorry man.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #25
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
Well that doesn't really matter.... it doesn't mean that it won't or can't happen again !
Yet fat cunt w/the HOA could not give me an answer on why it is a problem after 4 years of nothing. She didn't even try to answer. F them
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #26
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Dude I live for this shit. Please go down to a meeting and report back. Don't back down.

Years ago I got into it with the lady who is in charge of our HOA. Went to a meeting and confronted everyone over being banned from kayaking in the community pond. Apparently some of the neighbors were concerned about gators (in Florida) and reported us.

I bitched enough and now we have a floating dock and we're even allowed to fish!

Ruffle some feathers, but try not to get kicked out. Be stern but fair.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #27
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Seems that you have two options:
1- move on and move your car or pay your own landscaping guy. this is the silent option and also not the one where you win.

2- you fuck with these people. I don't know how exactly, but going to these meetings and just being annoying seems like it'll be fun. Plus, you might get to meet a real life Karen who cries because she has to wear a mask and can't hold babies!!

Seriously though, go to these meetings. Move your car for now if your landlord is being annoying about hearing back from HOA, but definitely become a "part" in the "community". Convince people on the down low their lawns look like shit but you "know a guy" and get rid of your landscaping problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:00 PM   #28
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Landscaping sees you as a lawsuit waiting to happen. The HOA contracted the landscaper not the homeowners. The landscaper is under no obligation to listen to you at all.

The HOA has basically said that you need to move your car. Just do it and move on. Park it in the garage or something.
Other car is in garage. I will say this one more time...

No one is required to move their cars to have their lawns cut. I'm being unjustly singled out. Not going to comply.
Yes, you are possibly being singled out based upon your past behavior. It is what it is.

I don't know how much room the mowers have in the area which you need to have mowed but sometimes it's easier to just to comply and move on. There are more important hills to die on other than this particular issue.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 2
      05-28-2020, 07:04 PM   #29
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
I just purchased my first home and don't know much about HOA. What I do know is that, in my opinion, they are a bunch of idiots that don't know crap about crap and just like to raise fees and have nothing to show for it. Just like this damn state of California, I look at it like a tiny government that controls your neighborhood and pass dumb policies that do nothing but waste your money. They are a bunch of unqualified idiots that want to be in a position of power that shouldn't be there. I hate getting notices to go to the damn meetings and vote for new board members. I am at home and want to be left alone- I am not at work, you don't pay me to be there and I pay my dues, so leave me the hell alone. I have no suggestions for you OP, but I feel your pain, sorry man.
The board is responsible for enforcing the CC&R's of the community. Sometimes the CC&R's are inadequate. It truly is a thankless job. I've lived in a HOA for 20 yrs but continually refuse to serve on the board. No thanks.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #30
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, you are possibly being singled out based upon your past behavior. It is what it is.

I don't know how much room the mowers have in the area which you need to have mowed but sometimes it's easier to just to comply and move on. There are more important hills to die on other than this particular issue.
Disagree. You always fight for what's right.

Dude pays his fucking HOA therefore he is entitled to have his yard cut.

End of story.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:16 PM   #31
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Quote:

End of story.
To each his own.

The OP is a tenant, not the property owner. He basically has zero voice with regards to the HOA.

Appreciate 2
RickFLM410879.00
      05-28-2020, 07:24 PM   #32
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

End of story.
He’s a renter. It’s not even his HOA. It’s his landlord’s.

Just move the car or bitch to your landlord. Despite other’s telling you to go to the HOA meeting, I don’t think you have any standing with the HOA since you aren’t a member of the association. Their next step will be to fine your landlord. Good luck.
F32Fleet3539.50
      05-28-2020, 07:27 PM   #33
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Oh my bad I missed that part. Yea forget everything I bitched about then. Sorry is a soft spot with me. My HOA is insane.

If renter you have no options. Put the whip in the garage where it should be and call it a day.
Appreciate 3
F32Fleet3539.50
RickFLM410879.00
Rmtt8206.00
      05-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #34
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh my bad I missed that part. Yea forget everything I bitched about then. Sorry is a soft spot with me. My HOA is insane.

If renter you have no options. Put the whip in the garage where it should be and call it a day.
NP. Good job on getting the dock installed on the pond. I wonder if it had an impact on the master policy for the community? Just out of curiosity.

Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 07:38 PM   #35
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Since OP is just renting I don't see much of an issue. Let them go ahead and not cut the grass, fuck do you care. Once the shit is knee height and the owner starts getting violation notices him and the HOA can sort it out.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 07:44 PM   #36
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
HOAs are the devil. Fighting with mine right now b/c the landscaping company keeps refusing to cut my lawn b/c I complained to them 4 YEARS ago when they tossed a rock or something into the paint on the car I had at the time.

They never took responsibility for it & nothing ever came of it. Why is this, all of a sudden, an issue now? They keep saying I have to move my car from the driveway in order for my lawn to be cut. No, not required at all.

I bought a weed wacker & did it myself then sent the HOA & landscaping company the invoice for it. They have till tomorrow to get me a reimbursement check.

Before this, I went back & forth with them via email many times. The same bs of you have to move your car & they will cut it. Woman from the HOA called me at one point & left a vm, but no direct # just the main HOA office number which goes to gen vm. I left a msg & she never called me back.

No, no one has to move their car to get the lawn cut. You're not going to pull this bs.

The landscaping company never responded to ANY of the many emails I sent them.

If anyone has any tips or advice on how to get this resolved without going crazy, let me know.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardio View Post
Agree... the landscaper doesn't want the liability.

I would just move my car and be done with it. Life is too short to be battling a bunch of idiots that run the HOA.
NO ONE is required to move their car to have their lawn cut. I am unjustly being singled out.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
Yet fat cunt w/the HOA could not give me an answer on why it is a problem after 4 years of nothing. She didn't even try to answer. F them
Damn you are one angry dude. Sound like someone I'd hate to live near. If they want you to move your car just move it. You're either too proud, or you must want the potential for your car to get damaged again to exist. You're being unjustly singled out? Damn, your life must be BLEAK
Appreciate 5
      05-28-2020, 07:44 PM   #37
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NP. Good job on getting the dock installed on the pond. I wonder if it had an impact on the master policy for the community? Just out of curiosity.
Yes it did, we live in a large gated community and I believe dues went up by a few bucks per month for the following year (not including inflation). We pay about $400 monthly. No one cared. Floating dock is small but sufficient for loading and unloading kayaks. Usually launch from shore, but I've notched a few more people have kayaks since this passed.

People actually wave at me now.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #38
iamwingman
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Carrera S, 23 Tesla Model S

So all was well for 4 years... and then they just stopped cutting?
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #39
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Since OP is just renting I don't see much of an issue. Let them go ahead and not cut the grass, fuck do you care. Once the shit is knee height and the owner starts getting violation notices him and the HOA can sort it out.
Haha this is how you get evicted real quick. I'd report him if shit was keen high IMO he needs to just let this one go. If renter, he doesn't have much wiggle room here.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #40
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Haha this is how you get evicted real quick. I'd report him if shit was keen high IMO he needs to just let this one go. If renter, he doesn't have much wiggle room here.
Well I guess it would depend who's responsible for cutting the grass in his lease. I would imagine since the HOA is suppose to do it the owner would be responsible. Plus OP says he doesn't want to talk to the owner. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

If he gets evicted problem is solved anyways.

Alternatively OP could just go express his frustration by rioting in the streets. Giving OP more options since he will not just move the car.
Appreciate 3
      05-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #41
iamwingman
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Carrera S, 23 Tesla Model S

I bet the HOA really appreciates a renter coming in and telling them and the other owners-who voted for them, how it’s going to be...
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #42
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well I guess it would depend who's responsible for cutting the grass in his lease. I would imagine since the HOA is suppose to do it the owner would be responsible. Plus OP says he doesn't want to talk to the owner. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Alternatively OP could just go express his frustration by rioting in the streets. Giving OP more options since he will not just move the car.
Good point. Sounds like landlord is responsible for cut though, I mean if HOA cuts it, it would have to be landlord's responsibility legally, I think?

I dunno OP said he cuts this thing with weedwacker? What is it, a strip of grass? If narrow spot I kind of don't blame them. They are just trying to cover their ass like anyone else.

Amigo no want fired.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 09:29 PM   #43
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Good point. Sounds like landlord is responsible for cut though, I mean if HOA cuts it, it would have to be landlord's responsibility legally, I think?

I dunno OP said he cuts this thing with weedwacker? What is it, a strip of grass? If narrow spot I kind of don't blame them. They are just trying to cover their ass like anyone else.

Amigo no want fired.
That's what I was thinking. Small patch of grass.

OP could just hit with RoundUp!

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #44
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Or rock it! I love rock. Low maintenance, looks good. lol, I just watched a YouTube video on artificial grass.

I think it's the future imo. Who the fuck wants to cut grass these days.

Looks good
Attached Images

Appreciate 2