BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Can anyone help with the rear passenger side noise?

03-05-2022, 07:38 PM   #23
Antec800
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i x drive

Brand new m550 I had a squeaky noise coming from rear of car really pissing me off, I think it’s one of the back seats or latch, when I fold down the rear seat noise mostly goes away, but when I fully lay down the seat the noise kinda comes back it’s almost like a rubbing sound
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 07:39 PM   #24
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022M550i View Post
I had a car that was making a crazy vibration noise only at highway speeds....turned out to be loose sound deadening material under the car. That tinfoil looking stuff. I wound up removing it. Glad your issue has been resolved.
That isn't sound-proofing. Those aluminum looking pieces are heat shields. Best to put them back and make sure they're secured.
Quote:
Quote:
I had a car that was making a crazy vibration noise only at highway speeds....turned out to be loose sound deadening material under the car. That tinfoil looking stuff. I wound up removing it. Glad your issue has been resolved.
That isn't sound-proofing. Those aluminum looking pieces are heat shields. Best to put them back and make sure they're secured.
Try recalibrating the sunroof. Mine was rattling, sounded like passenger rear. I recalibrated sunroof and rattling stopped
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 01:32 AM   #25
raduron10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30

I have a similar issue but I suspect it is the sunroof headliner, as when it is all the way closed there are no sounds, when the headliner is open and the glass sunroof is closed(I use it 90% of the time lie this) it rattles on bad surfaces.

I had the headliner checked, clips and everything and they said it was fine. Oh well the only solution is just to up the music volume and I forget about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 05:21 AM   #26
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduron10 View Post
I have a similar issue but I suspect it is the sunroof headliner, as when it is all the way closed there are no sounds, when the headliner is open and the glass sunroof is closed(I use it 90% of the time lie this) it rattles on bad surfaces.

I had the headliner checked, clips and everything and they said it was fine. Oh well the only solution is just to up the music volume and I forget about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduron10 View Post

I had bmw do same thing. It's definitely sunroof rattling and closing sun blocker noise goes away. Bmw tried lubricating seals, worked for a little while. Yesterday I recalibrated and noise stopped. Time will tell.
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      03-06-2022, 07:23 AM   #27
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

I was going to say... there is a TSB about lubricating the seals.

How did you recalibrate the sunroof?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 09:06 AM   #28
2022M550i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i, 2015 Viper

Quote:
Quote:
Yep youre correct….heat shield. Drove the car for 10 years without them. No problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 02:17 PM   #29
raduron10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
I had bmw do same thing. It's definitely sunroof rattling and closing sun blocker noise goes away. Bmw tried lubricating seals, worked for a little while. Yesterday I recalibrated and noise stopped. Time will tell.
If your sunroof (glass) is rattling that is a logical solution, but in my case the sunroof (glass) makes no noise, the rattling comes from the back light dome area and only when the fabric sunroof headliner is opened.
When I close the headliner completely or even partially noise disappears.
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50
      03-07-2022, 03:42 PM   #30
Antec800
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i x drive

My problem is actually actually the sunroof, but the other problem is the smaller rear seat that you can open and close to get into trunk, when it’s latched in it makes alot of noise, when it’s open and laying flat it doesn’t
Appreciate 1
paquet629.50