BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions AUL Corp warranty is a scam is my feeling

03-09-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 XI

AUL Corp warranty is a scam is my feeling

Stay away from any extended warranty being sold to you by any dealer. I got mine through a Mercedes dealership where I purchased my 540 and I absolutely regret it.

Called in to create a claim for bearing and was denied when the contract clearly included drive axle connecting parts. They play semantics with words to get out of paying for any claim. You call and wait minutes for someone and then get transferred to a voicemail system and no one calls you back. I have had many extended warranty in the past and never have I felt I was dealing with a scam company.

Aul corp feels like an absolutely scam company since immediately after getting on the phone with someone they were already hinting at my claim being denied without me even explaining the issue.. An expensive lesson for me to learn.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooltype View Post
Stay away from any extended warranty being sold to you by any dealer. I got mine through a Mercedes dealership where I purchased my 540 and I absolutely regret it.

Called in to create a claim for bearing and was denied when the contract clearly included drive axle connecting parts. They play semantics with words to get out of paying for any claim. You call and wait minutes for someone and then get transferred to a voicemail system and no one calls you back. I have had many extended warranty in the past and never have I felt I was dealing with a scam company.

Aul corp feels like an absolutely scam company since immediately after getting on the phone with someone they were already hinting at my claim being denied without me even explaining the issue.. An expensive lesson for me to learn.
Did you buy their "Top Tier" plan? Platinum or whatever ?
Sucks they are dicking you around if you paid good money for ext warranty!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Kriz2fer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m550

If you look them up online is seems your not the only one.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 09:43 AM   #4
Warp Ten
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540xi

I sold BMWs and MINIs for seven years in my "early" retirement period. Based on that experience I have always encouraged customers who wanted tire & wheel or extended warranties to get BMW ones. Way too many stories like yours from the service folks. If there is a dispute with a BMW claim determination you might even be able to get the service folks to go to bat for you. I have seen it done resulting in a favorable outcome for the customer. But regardless, they are much more likely to accept a legitimate claim than the aftermarket warranty companies. -Bob
NGT25619.00
      03-10-2022, 06:37 PM   #5
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooltype View Post

Did you buy their "Top Tier" plan? Platinum or whatever ?
Sucks they are dicking you around if you paid good money for ext warranty!
it says powertrain. for the money it cost I expected it to be like all other coverage I have purchased in the past for similar cost. I was wrong. Total scam company
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriz2fer View Post
If you look them up online is seems your not the only one.
true. I saw the reviews just this week... a very expensive mistake that I won't let happen again.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 06:39 PM   #6
thecooltype
drive to survive
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Ten View Post
I sold BMWs and MINIs for seven years in my "early" retirement period. Based on that experience I have always encouraged customers who wanted tire & wheel or extended warranties to get BMW ones. Way too many stories like yours from the service folks. If there is a dispute with a BMW claim determination you might even be able to get the service folks to go to bat for you. I have seen it done resulting in a favorable outcome for the customer. But regardless, they are much more likely to accept a legitimate claim than the aftermarket warranty companies. -Bob
never again.. I had route 66 in the past that was super good. Aulcorp is a scam
Appreciate 0