BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Automatic restart after up to 30 seconds

12-21-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
chris_sd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530e

Automatic restart after up to 30 seconds

The technical training documents says:

"The restart time after automatic braking to a stop by ACC Stop&Go previously of approximately 3 seconds has been raised to approximately 30 seconds on the G30."

It is still 3 seconds in the US, how about Europe?

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Certainly more than 3 seconds but it does vary , yet to work out the logic behind it but it can be longer than 3 seconds on occasions.
(My car is. U.K.)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 11:59 PM   #3
chris_sd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Certainly more than 3 seconds but it does vary , yet to work out the logic behind it but it can be longer than 3 seconds on occasions.
(My car is. U.K.)
Ok. Thanks. I figured it was a US limitation. Hope someone finds a coding for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 03:14 AM   #4
Zap-xpilot
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 ZCP 2017, 540ix 18 G31

Garage List
Quote:
(My car is. U.K.)
One interesting way to understand better how ASS works is to have the efficient display on (as opposed to sports display) on the idrive menu. You get messages there as to why the car chooses to keep the engine on in different situations: sometime it’s the comfort requirements, it recognizes traffic calmed junctions, system requests, etc.
I find it fascinating stuff!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 03:34 AM   #5
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

This is not ass but how long the car stands still with acc on and the moves off by itself without having to either touch the gas pedal or the red button on the steering wheel.

But yes some info on that display you mentioned is of interest.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #6
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-xpilot View Post
Quote:
(My car is. U.K.)
One interesting way to understand better how ASS works is to have the efficient display on (as opposed to sports display) on the idrive menu. You get messages there as to why the car chooses to keep the engine on in different situations: sometime it’s the comfort requirements, it recognizes traffic calmed junctions, system requests, etc.
I find it fascinating stuff!
Think we are talking different things in here. OPs post is about ACC stop & go timing.

As per other posts, not sure what it depends on but I've certainly had it active for up to 30 seconds. I'm convinced that type of road you are on is one variable. E.g. If you are on a motorway, then it goes all the way up to 30 seconds.
Appreciate 0