BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding LED Fog Lights - parts research

01-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #1
runbuh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

LED Fog Lights - parts research

I am trying to add fog lights to my 2020 M550i. I know I need the lights, the proper lightswitch, and the bumper pieces (air inlets) that accommodate the lights. I also know that I'm going to need some coding help.

Apart from the mounting screws and washers, does anyone know what else I need - like wiring?

Does anyone know of a dealer or parts place that would help me research this? My local dealer is great, but they only want to research via my VIN, which isn't going to help me, here.

Realoem.com has been great at helping me with part numbers, but there is not a lot of info on how the parts are mounted/wired.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
BMW excluded the fog lights on the M550 as well unless you get the "M" sport package? I would have thought the M would come with M package as a base item... Very bizarre.

LED fogs is what shocked me the most to be missing on my 2020 530e as well as I thought they were a basic item like Seat Belts. I intentionally skipped the M Sport package, but didn't realize it was only that package that got them.

I won't be retrofitting them though... As I imagine it will cost more than it is worth (to me), but will keep an eye on the thread in case it isn't as bad as I think.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 11:22 AM   #3
runbuh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
BMW excluded the fog lights on the M550 as well unless you get the "M" sport package? I would have thought the M would come with M package as a base item... Very bizarre.

LED fogs is what shocked me the most to be missing on my 2020 530e as well as I thought they were a basic item like Seat Belts. I intentionally skipped the M Sport package, but didn't realize it was only that package that got them.

I won't be retrofitting them though... As I imagine it will cost more than it is worth (to me), but will keep an eye on the thread in case it isn't as bad as I think.
Just the lights and the switch add up to over $600 (new, discounted BMW parts via the intarwebs). Now, if you can find parts that have been pulled from other cars, you can really save some cash.
Appreciate 0