BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications Front Clip For BMW New 5 SERIES Sedan (G30) Matte Front Fog

02-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #1
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M

Front Clip For BMW New 5 SERIES Sedan (G30) Matte Front Fog

Guys,

I ordered this and it just arrived. I saw how the M550 looks and always thought that the 540 needed the little highlights at the bottom of the bumper to even it out.

I will send picture once I mount. In the interim, please let me know your thoughts.

https://www.amazon.com/Rqing-Sedan-M...30+accessories
Attached Images

2018 540xi MSport, Med Blue/Mocha
Exec Pack, Cove Mat, HK, Carplay, Lux Seats
19"664M, Wifi, Driving Assistant
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep
Drives: G30 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney El Nene View Post
Guys,

I ordered this and it just arrived. I saw how the M550 looks and always thought that the 540 needed the little highlights at the bottom of the bumper to even it out.

I will send picture once I mount. In the interim, please let me know your thoughts.

I also got this on order. I ordered these, the matte kidney grilles and also the side mirror caps in matte silver. I ordered them via the local dealership at USD 1297 for these 3 items to be retro fitted once my car arrived in Singapore before I collect the car.
      02-18-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
Quote:
Guys,

I also got this on order. I ordered these, the matte kidney grilles and also the side mirror caps in matte silver. I ordered them via the local dealership at USD 1297 for these 3 items to be retro fitted once my car arrived in Singapore before I collect the car.
Quote:
Quote:
Guys,

Send pics.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
delrosa81
Delrosa81
Singapore
Rep
Drives: G30 540i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Guys,

Quote:
Quote:
Guys,

Send pics.
My Car is still being assembled in Germany, by the time it gets to Singapore and prepped with parts for delivery, it would be mid apr 2018 earliest. I would send U pics once I take delivery
      02-26-2018, 06:06 AM   #5
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
My Car is still being assembled in Germany, by the time it gets to Singapore and prepped with parts for delivery, it would be mid apr 2018 earliest. I would send U pics once I take delivery
Nice. Mine arrived and I mounted them and they look good. It really removes all the attention from the grill and moves the eye around the front. l see why they but those pieces on the 550. I will take picture once we have a sunny day again.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 05:30 PM   #6
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

I really like the look. After...before.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      02-26-2018, 10:17 PM   #7
Trevster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi

How did they attach?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 04:47 AM   #8
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevster View Post
How did they attach?

They come with two strips of high grade 3m adhesive each. You peal the plastic off and attach to the car. Sticks well. I used some tape to keep it in place until cures. I felt It was necessary because of the slight contour. It may have been fine without it. But I didn't want to take the chance.

How does it look to you guys?

Appreciate 2
Mr.blue218.50
Mojizel10.50
      02-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #9
Trevster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi

Ok thanks. It looks good man, just like the 550! I personally didn't want to put any after market parts on mine, but I'm sure the actual bmw pieces are stupid expensive
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 08:35 AM   #10
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ok thanks. It looks good man, just like the 550! I personally didn't want to put any after market parts on mine, but I'm sure the actual bmw pieces are stupid expensive
Thank you. The 550 has an extra piece on the inside. It actually looks really high quality and identical to the grill. Thanks for the compliments though.

Appreciate 1
      03-26-2018, 10:49 AM   #11
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

Those look nice! Question for you, I tried to gauge it from the pictures, how does the color compare to the chrome trim on the grilles? The reason I ask is that when I get my G30, I want to swap out to the grilles from the M550i which have the Cerium Grey around the grilles, and I was hoping these would more closely match that, or could be painted.

I had also explored swapping the actual parts from the M550i, however it looks like it would require removing the fog lights, as the M550i doesn't have them.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #12
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Those look nice! Question for you, I tried to gauge it from the pictures, how does the color compare to the chrome trim on the grilles? The reason I ask is that when I get my G30, I want to swap out to the grilles from the M550i which have the Cerium Grey around the grilles, and I was hoping these would more closely match that, or could be painted.

I had also explored swapping the actual parts from the M550i, however it looks like it would require removing the fog lights, as the M550i doesn't have them.
The match is extremely close to the grill. It is nearly impossible to tell the difference. I only say nearly because I've looked at in all types of light and can't tell a difference. They really look sharp. I believe that the spoiler/bottom lip of the front end is a little lower on the 550 vs the 540 so the 550 pieces may not fit.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #13
bimmeramerica
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

looks good
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 03:53 AM   #14
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

I’m going to do similar but with gloss anthracite wrap, just did it to the air breathers first. I’m also going to tint those fog lights to blend in . getting a front splitter, side skirts I may also match the very bottom of to carry out the dark silver look
Attached Images

Last edited by TopgearLA; 06-08-2018 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #15
Mojizel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black 2014 535i Luxury Line

Quote:
Quote:
How did they attach?

They come with two strips of high grade 3m adhesive each. You peal the plastic off and attach to the car. Sticks well. I used some tape to keep it in place until cures. I felt It was necessary because of the slight contour. It may have been fine without it. But I didn't want to take the chance.

How does it look to you guys?
This looks incredible
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #16
Speedwell-Industries
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3

Loving how they look!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #17
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearLA View Post
I’m going to do similar but with gloss anthracite wrap, just did it to the air breathers first. I’m also going to tint those fog lights to blend in . getting a front splitter, side skirts I may also match the very bottom of to carry out the dark silver look
I was looking to buy those but can't find them anywhere. is the only way to wrap?

Appreciate 1
      08-10-2018, 12:06 AM   #18
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
I wish these existed for those of us without the m sport bumpers.
      08-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #19
DJTonesNY
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to do similar but with gloss anthracite wrap, just did it to the air breathers first. I'm also going to tint those fog lights to blend in . getting a front splitter, side skirts I may also match the very bottom of to carry out the dark silver look
I was looking to buy those but can't find them anywhere. is the only way to wrap?
Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to do similar but with gloss anthracite wrap, just did it to the air breathers first. I'm also going to tint those fog lights to blend in . getting a front splitter, side skirts I may also match the very bottom of to carry out the dark silver look
That's what I did!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #20
Gmoney El Nene
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTonesNY View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's what I did!
That looks menacing as hell!!

Appreciate 1