BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Timing Order with Performance Center Delivery (PCD)

12-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530e xDrive

Timing Order with Performance Center Delivery (PCD)

Hello!

My current BMW lease is due back July 2, 2019 and I would like to be picking up my next BMW (leased) in May 2019 at the Performance Center. May is the best month for me to travel to South Carolina, I could maybe go a month earlier.

I plan on ordering a 530e, (no Individual colors or interiors). How soon should I start contacting dealers to talk numbers and place an order?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Just start asking now. Based on my timeline you'll want a production week about 6-8 weeks prior to when you want to do PCD, assuming no holidays and stuff. My PW was the first week of November. Car arrived in the US the 1st week of December and was released from VPC about 10 days after that. Would be doing PCD this week if they were not closed for Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
Just start asking now. Based on my timeline you'll want a production week about 6-8 weeks prior to when you want to do PCD, assuming no holidays and stuff. My PW was the first week of November. Car arrived in the US the 1st week of December and was released from VPC about 10 days after that. Would be doing PCD this week if they were not closed for Christmas.
I just skimmed your ordering thread. Don't forget to post pictures

I will compile my list of dealers and start contacting them but I'm a little worried about starting this early as I believe rates can only be locked for 60 days and I don't want the car to arrive too early. I don't want the two leases to overlap too much.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 06:21 PM   #4
drivethemachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530e

One thing to keep in mind, the PC will NOT allow less than 8 weeks between production complete and delivery date. In my case, the dealer submitted the order and the car was production complete in 3 weeks. So that's your approximate timeline.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #5
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted8715 View Post
I just skimmed your ordering thread. Don't forget to post pictures

I will compile my list of dealers and start contacting them but I'm a little worried about starting this early as I believe rates can only be locked for 60 days and I don't want the car to arrive too early. I don't want the two leases to overlap too much.
I definitely plan to! Counting down the days now...it's been quite the wait.

I will see if they follow through later this week, but given the timeline of my offer, my dealer agreed to hold my incentives and rate for longer than 60 days, and they put it in writing (albeit just an email). But in theory, you could at least start working on pricing/options now and not place the order or lock the deal until it sets up with your timeline.

My basic theory is you can always ask now and then wait until it's the right time to actually take action, but it's a bit more difficult to do the opposite!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
ted8715
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivethemachine View Post
One thing to keep in mind, the PC will NOT allow less than 8 weeks between production complete and delivery date. In my case, the dealer submitted the order and the car was production complete in 3 weeks. So that's your approximate timeline.
Good to know. Based on that 8 week minimum I better make sure I get a production week in February! Before I posted this I was thinking I’d start this search and process in March but I better start now!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
My dealer (BMW Manhattan) expect <2 day in CP, I'm suspicious...

Ps car is on Tiger, in Canada by dec 27, NY/NJ by dec 29 somehow dealer is expecting dec 31st delivery.
Appreciate 0