BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Anyone recently place an order? (build time estimate)

10-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #89
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraz View Post
But mine is going to the west coast area in Canada hahaha. But I heard the car unloads on the east side and then train over.
Really!?!

That seems crazy to do it that way. They have ships going to Tacoma. You'd think they could offload there and truck (or train) them north from there.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #90
350doc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d M Sport Touring X-Drive

I ordered a G31 about a month ago and was told it would get delivered in the second week of December (in the U.K.). Individual silver paint, merino leather, piano black inlays. Just had a phone call from the Dealer Principal saying no individual options could be honoured this year and I either had to wait until January or order a car with no individual items.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 03:33 PM   #91
geraz
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post
Really!?!

That seems crazy to do it that way. They have ships going to Tacoma. You'd think they could offload there and truck (or train) them north from there.
Yeah! I believe the cars get offloaded in Toronto area, and are then loaded onto a train which takes around a week or less to reach the west coast in Canada.

If only I could know which boat its on. I could atleast track the marinetraffic.

Speaking of not honouring the Individual options. I thought that was going to happen. But my dealer gave me an Allocation they had which was dated back in July. So I guess my dealer did give me an allocation which had the car completed by Oct10 with all my individual options built. Frozen artic grey, piano black trims, and I believe thats it.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #92
drjolokia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post
Really!?!

Yeah! I believe the cars get offloaded in Toronto area, and are then loaded onto a train which takes around a week or less to reach the west coast in Canada.

If only I could know which boat its on. I could atleast track the marinetraffic.

Speaking of not honouring the Individual options. I thought that was going to happen. But my dealer gave me an Allocation they had which was dated back in July. So I guess my dealer did give me an allocation which had the car completed by Oct10 with all my individual options built. Frozen artic grey, piano black trims, and I believe thats it.
Call BMW Genius. They'll tell you what boat it's on.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #93
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In all reality, I suppose that is a faster process.

My ship, that left Bremerhaven on Sep 20th, is due into Tacoma on Oct 23rd. Then there would be a few days to truck or train it north. So that's a 5-week-plus process.

Whereas if you deduct the week to train it across from the east coast, it would arrive sooner. There's no way it would be on a ship for 4 weeks from Bremerhaven to anywhere on the east coast. Bremerhaven to Baltimore was 2 weeks on my ship.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #94
db6745
Rep
Drives: 209 bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjolokia View Post
Nice! SF Bay Area. You?

My car is on the Undine 😎
My car left on 10/11 Be due in Oxnard around 11/7
I am San Diego but got the car in Irvine. Did a ED.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 04:06 PM   #95
geraz
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
There no such thing as "Genius" in Canada. I tried BMW Genius US a couple times, they are more than happy to help me, but they can not see any non-us vehicles. But not so much in the BMW Canada customer service. Just told me they do not have access that those info and that is it.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #96
drjolokia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Quote:
There no such thing as "Genius" in Canada. I tried BMW Genius US a couple times, they are more than happy to help me, but they can not see any non-us vehicles. But not so much in the BMW Canada customer service. Just told me they do not have access that those info and that is it.
Wow. That's lame. 😜
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 10:08 PM   #97
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by db6745 View Post
but got the car in Irvine