BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*

01-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #23
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Cool, gonna have to try them. Do you like the recovery drink? I was looking into the Endurox R4 recovery drink. They are somewhat similar, but R4 is about 15 bucks cheaper if you take shipping into account.
It is ok...a creamy orange flavor (like the old school orange push pops).

However, I will probably go with a less expensive substitute when i run out.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #24
Duhst
That Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW e90

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
probably going to start the classic today!

wish me luck!
      01-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #25
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
It is ok...a creamy orange flavor (like the old school orange push pops).

However, I will probably go with a less expensive substitute when i run out.

-SZ
Good to know. Look in to the one I mentioned. (Lemon flavor) I hear it's good stuff.

Gl Duhst! Keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #26
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #27
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Completed day #4 just now. I was supposed to do the yoga x, but about 45 minutes in to it and what I thought was crap, I decided to switch it off with cardio x.

I've read a couple of peoples blogs and some replace yoga x with cardio x. This is what I'll be doing from now on. Yoga definitely isn't for me.

Last edited by McMuffin; 01-21-2010 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #28
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
+1
Also, what do your meals consist of? (In general, speaking to everyone.)

0700: Egg beaters with chicken pieces, 10oz orange juice.
0900: Homemade protein bar.
1100: Two turkey wraps in wheat tortillas with Italian salad and fat free 1000 island dressing with water.
1300: Apple
1500: Homemade protein bar.
1730: Salmon, brown rice, Italian salad and water.
1930: P90x day #4.
2030: Protein shake with fruits and skim milk.
2200: Zzz
If you replace that orange juice with either water or fill it half way and add water (mix it) you will see faster results.

regardless of bad or good sugar. Sugar is still Sugar. The reason im saying this is cause Im thinking you have it everyday which is wrong. Once in a while is cool. Or twice a week

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #29
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
If you replace that orange juice with either water or fill it half way and add water (mix it) you will see faster results.

regardless of bad or good sugar. Sugar is still Sugar. The reason im saying this is cause Im thinking you have it everyday which is wrong. Once in a while is cool. Or twice a week
Yea thinking about drinking it once a week, but ill give your suggestion a try.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #30
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Yea thinking about drinking it once a week, but ill give your suggestion a try.
Yea dude. I used to drink 8oz of it every morning and I didnt know how much sugar I was putting because says "'Orange juice is good for you," which in reality it is, but not every day or every serving.

I dont drink any juice, period. I got myself addicted to water. And its kind of had to squeeze anything else between drinking water everyday since I have to drink a gallon a day -__-

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #31
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
Yea dude. I used to drink 8oz of it every morning and I didnt know how much sugar I was putting because says "'Orange juice is good for you," which in reality it is, but not every day or every serving.

I dont drink any juice, period. I got myself addicted to water. And its kind of had to squeeze anything else between drinking water everyday since I have to drink a gallon a day -__-
+1

I do water and vitamin C chewables.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #32
Bweezy311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:
Hey, P90xers! Thought we can have our own thread to share some tips on the workouts, meals or whatever questions we may have.
Completed day 3 today (Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X.) All I can say is Ab ripper X is no joke! Keep pushing play guys!
I'd like to take credit for this thread! I totally recommended we do this in the other P90X thread, and I KNOW you saw it McMuffin!! Good stuff anyway!

Finished Day 3 yesterday, not that bad at all. My legs are still full of acid from doing plyometrics though! I'm walking like a fool around the office today!

As for my routine- I'll drink about 3-4 liters of water a day. After my workout I'll make about a 20oz protein shake with this, 2 scoops, using fat free milk. The big ol' 10pound bag of protein! I recommend everyone buy it. I've had strawberry, pretty good, but rocky road is the absolute best imo!

I also take omega-3 supplements (AN ABSOLUTE MUST), multi-vitamin, calcium (going into military, don't want to break bones in boot), and glucosamine (for my runs).

Last edited by Bweezy311; 01-21-2010 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #33
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweezy311 View Post
I'd like to take credit for this thread! I totally recommended we do this in the other P90X thread, and I KNOW you saw it McMuffin!! Good stuff anyway!

Finished Day 3 yesterday, not that bad at all. My legs are still full of acid from doing plyometrics though! I'm walking like a fool around the office today!

As for my routine- I'll drink about 3-4 liters of water a day. After my workout I'll make about a 20oz protein shake with this, 2 scoops, using fat free milk. The big ol' 10pound bag of protein! I recommend everyone buy it. I've had strawberry, pretty good, but rocky road is the absolute best imo!

I also take omega-3 supplements (AN ABSOLUTE MUST), multi-vitamin, calcium (going into military, don't want to break bones in boot), and glucosamine (for my runs).
I saw it, but if you saw one of my earlier posts I said I would start one, so you just reminded me.

Is it OK for me to eat the same thing day after day for my main meals? Egg beaters for breakfast, Turkey sandwich for lunch and chicken or salmon for dinner.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #34
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Im on week 2 of classic, my girl (in the avatar) is on week 3 of lean. We were both already in shape before and are using p90x now instead of going to the gym. I can do everything except all of the pull ups, and my girl can do the entire lean program no problems at all. My cardio and stretching is really being improved especially after my injury which caused me to get real stiff.

We take multivitamins, vegetable pills and a few other herbs and stuff. And we always eat healthy. So an ellypitcal, p90x and proper diet is how we are staying fit and healthy, without a gym and without much fuss.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #35
SPEZNAS92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I've practically gone vegetarian with my diet from the work out program... i substitute meat for tofu wherever I go and opt for the vegetarian dishes... with that and drinking naked fruit protein shakes (30g of protein per shake) I'm doing pretty good and have dropped 4 lbs and definitely notice it...

PS my goal is to get cut not huge so for me this works.
E92 BMW 335i
E82 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #36
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Heres what im having trouble with. My abs, which I never really worked before, hurt too much to do the pushups and some other stuff. So instead of the pushups I just lift weights working the same muscle groups. Probably not the best, but cant be helped.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #37
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

I'm buying this tomorrow to hop on board with you guys
      01-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #38
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Heres what im having trouble with. My abs, which I never really worked before, hurt too much to do the pushups and some other stuff. So instead of the pushups I just lift weights working the same muscle groups. Probably not the best, but cant be helped.
Is this happening even after taking the recovery drink?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #39
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

jus started round 2, i did it 2 years ago and it was great. 3 day in and im sooooo sore its kicking my butt.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #40
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Pulled my groin pretty bad last week, I didn't stretch enough and my legs were wobbly for days. P90x is the shit. I started back yesterday but doing lean this time around. Day 2 wish me luck...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #41
Bweezy311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I saw it, but if you saw one of my earlier posts I said I would start one, so you just reminded me.

Is it OK for me to eat the same thing day after day for my main meals? Egg beaters for breakfast, Turkey sandwich for lunch and chicken or salmon for dinner.
Haha, I'll have to check that one, but alright

Our body loves consistency, hence why P90X switches it up to cause confusion, causing growth. So meal wise, yes you're fine. However, try to fit some veggies and fiber in there. Get some vitamins too to make up for other nutrients you might be missing out on. Turkey sandwich ftw! Also, be aware of what stuff you put on a sandwich or chicken etc. Less is better. NO MAYO!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #42
Bweezy311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do the push ups halfway or even a quarter of the way and work your way lower and lower. You need to build your core, which is what is killing you. Regular stuff can help like having good posture while sitting, if you run keep your body straight so your core will get the workout as well. When doing the straight arm shoulder raises, do it standing on one foot. This is another way to build your core. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #43
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is this happening even after taking the recovery drink?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweezy311 View Post
Do the push ups halfway or even a quarter of the way and work your way lower and lower. You need to build your core, which is what is killing you. Regular stuff can help like having good posture while sitting, if you run keep your body straight so your core will get the workout as well. When doing the straight arm shoulder raises, do it standing on one foot. This is another way to build your core. Hope this helps.
I dont take the recovery drink. Just my own supplements and protein which I assume is the same thing.

Ive never worked my abs before, so a week of that ab ripper x, and my junk is sore. So i substitue the push ups for regular weight lifting, cause my abs are fine except when stressing them on the push ups. Id have to do girl pushups with the knees on the floor for my abs to be ok, my arms are fine though.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #44
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: really slowly

Quote:
I dont take the recovery drink. Just my own supplements and protein which I assume is the same thing.

Ive never worked my abs before, so a week of that ab ripper x, and my junk is sore. So i substitue the push ups for regular weight lifting, cause my abs are fine except when stressing them on the push ups. Id have to do girl pushups with the knees on the floor for my abs to be ok, my arms are fine though.
aint no shame in the lady pushups usually by the end of the workout i'm doin lady pushups as well.........especially on the diamond pushups........KILLER
Appreciate 0