BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board SBA PPP loan thread

04-04-2020, 05:00 PM   #23
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
If you intend to apply, you should do that through your existing bank relationships if they are SBA participants. This is because of the “Know your customer” requirements in banking these days - likely already established with your existing bank but a bit of extra effort and paperwork with a new bank relationship.

I was told that applications were trending toward $1T on Friday. This program will be oversubscribed. There is a question as to whether the SBA can enlarge it or if legislation will be needed. If this all is true, no idea how SBA and banks will allocate among applicants.
Thanks for that.

Oversubscribed?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 05:06 PM   #24
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
It's pretty confusing. I applied for the $10k EIDL because that was the simplest thing. I'm an scorp but I am the only employee so I wouldn't qualify for much under the PPP anyways. Plus you can't really do both, I mean you can but your EIDL gets deducted from the PPP.

Also I read you can get up to $5k credit for paid sick leave or another version of this for families if you have to stay home to take care of kids etc. I think this is through the IRS though. I believe you can use it in conjunction with the PPP as long as it's used separately. So if you got the PPP you would use that to pay salaries for whatever the qualifying period is say 8 weeks. Then AFTER the 8 weeks you could take the sick leave and claim that, but you can't take the sick leave during the period you are suppose to use the PPP funds to pay wages.
Confusing indeed. Figured that this place may be a good resource on the topic.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 07:33 PM   #25
dougt.ah3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AH3 Msport; F150 XLT

It has been a confusing process. Just wanted to secure the $'s and then figure out the foregiveness details.

Has anyone received their $10 EIDL?
2022 K1600B
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #26
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I went through the application process earlier today and post the results later.
      04-05-2020, 08:49 AM   #27
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I received an email from the AICPA this morning with recommendations of to how to calculate payroll for PPP loans (use gross not net). They also have a resource center. At some point there are too many “resources” to keep reading but perhaps this can help someone:

https://www.aicpa.org/news/aicpa-cor...ontent=Special
Attached Images

04-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #28
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougt.ah3 View Post
It has been a confusing process. Just wanted to secure the $'s and then figure out the foregiveness details.

Has anyone received their $10 EIDL?
I applied for EIDL on 03/31 and spoke to a rep over the phone yesterday. Surprisingly, zero hold time. The nice lady mentioned to me that within three (3) weeks I’ll get a call back to go over/verify the information I submitted and go from there.

I’ve heard conflicted reports that EIDL’s would be processed/funded this coming week so if anyone (I mean business owners) receive any grants this early, God bless them.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #29
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Here's a small business owner's experience with applying for this program. Warning...there is some profanity and a bit of politics in his video. Would be interested in if this lines up with the business owner's experience here.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #30
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
If you intend to apply, you should do that through your existing bank relationships if they are SBA participants. This is because of the “Know your customer” requirements in banking these days - likely already established with your existing bank but a bit of extra effort and paperwork with a new bank relationship.

I was told that applications were trending toward $1T on Friday. This program will be oversubscribed. There is a question as to whether the SBA can enlarge it or if legislation will be needed. If this all is true, no idea how SBA and banks will allocate among applicants.
Where did you hear the $1T? As of this morning, BOA is up to 177k applications for $32.6B and WF capped its lending under the program at $10B, which it has reached in applications, but that’s far away from $1T or even the total earmarked for the program. Many other lenders are lagging because they aren’t ready for it. Very little has been disbursed so far. Also, not everyone who applies will be eligible for the full amount they applied to borrow.

I heard Rubio on CNBC this morning saying if the program is oversubscribed the President will go back to Congress to request more money. Theoretically, more people working means less unemployment benefit payments. Personally, I think it would be politically difficult for either party to say or imply they prefer people losing their jobs and paying them unemployment to supporting job retention.
hubbahubba8710.00
2000cs3443.50
      04-06-2020, 08:42 AM   #31
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

We have a 200 employee medical practice. Waiting for a board call today, but our CEO said late Friday afternoon he was able to secure our PPP loan with Frost, who we have a great relationship with, they hold the mortgages on all of our properties.
My question is how is 2.5x monthly payroll supposed to get us through the end of June, including paying rent and other eligible expenses, when the payroll numbers have to be adequate for forgiveness? Are we supposed to cut everyone's pay? We have many employees living paycheck to paycheck who can't afford a cut. We've already had to cut everyone making over $100k to that level (all of the providers basically), except we're still paying our CEO in full, since he's the only one really doing any work right now, although I wish he would voluntarily cut his salary for now.
Appreciate 2
hubbahubba8710.00
RickFLM410873.00
      04-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #32
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Great question. As I understand it, the salary's are still supposed to go out once the loan is secured to all employees, whether they are working or not. The idea is to keep those jobs as stable as possible thru the crisis, and once the crisis is over they all come back to work. I am thinking of it as an alternative to unemployment for employees until the well runs dry. Any money that is not spent on mortgage/rent, utilities, or payroll is not forgiven, and must be paid back. Somebody please correct me if you know differently.
Appreciate 1
2000cs3443.50
      04-06-2020, 08:55 AM   #33
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Got a confirmation from BoA two days ago for PPP but who knows how long it will take from them to actually get back to me for additional documents.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8710.00
      04-06-2020, 09:25 AM   #34
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
We have a 200 employee medical practice. Waiting for a board call today, but our CEO said late Friday afternoon he was able to secure our PPP loan with Frost, who we have a great relationship with, they hold the mortgages on all of our properties.
My question is how is 2.5x monthly payroll supposed to get us through the end of June, including paying rent and other eligible expenses, when the payroll numbers have to be adequate for forgiveness? Are we supposed to cut everyone's pay? We have many employees living paycheck to paycheck who can't afford a cut. We've already had to cut everyone making over $100k to that level (all of the providers basically), except we're still paying our CEO in full, since he's the only one really doing any work right now, although I wish he would voluntarily cut his salary for now.
There may be an underlying assumption that business have some level of liquidity aside from the loans or may not be entirely shut down. Unfortunately, government programs are designed as one-size-fits-all, but rarely does one size fit all. The thought may be that if companies cannot survive with this level of help, does it make sense to support them, or just pay people unemployment? (Rhetorical / speculating - not expressing an opinion)
hubbahubba8710.00
      04-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #35
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Where did you hear the $1T? As of this morning, BOA is up to 177k applications for $32.6B and WF capped its lending under the program at $10B, which it has reached in applications, but that’s far away from $1T or even the total earmarked for the program. Many other lenders are lagging because they aren’t ready for it. Very little has been disbursed so far. Also, not everyone who applies will be eligible for the full amount they applied to borrow.

I heard Rubio on CNBC this morning saying if the program is oversubscribed the President will go back to Congress to request more money. Theoretically, more people working means less unemployment benefit payments. Personally, I think it would be politically difficult for either party to say or imply they prefer people losing their jobs and paying them unemployment to supporting job retention.
I can’t give the source (confidential) but he is very close to several federal agencies directly involved in this, and also has the pulse of at least one industry that is full of applicants. Even if exaggerated by a factor of two, which I doubt, the program would be over subscribed.

You are correct that with bank portals just opening up on Friday (for the most part) and continuing through the weekend, a lot of applications are yet to be submitted. But I know of many that did get in on Friday, probably totaling more than $50 million - just in my little industry in my little state. There is another $50 million ready to go in (same industry and state) as soon as other banks can take the applications.

Trump also said over the weekend that he expected to ask for more funding for this very popular program.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8710.00
      04-06-2020, 03:04 PM   #36
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I submitted my application for the PPP Friday. Today I just got the email from BoA with the link to the Intralinks to upload all of my payroll information. It's a bit confusing on the website as I can't figure out where to upload my documents. I also noticed that there is work sheet that mentions people who make over $100k as a W2 employees aren't eligible. Maybe it's for the amount over $100k, but that isn't good. Ughh. This is so fucking complicated.

I still havem't heard back about the EIDL.
hubbahubba8710.00
      04-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #37
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My son is hoping my dad gets the loan, not that son has any need for $$ since he lives at home.

OK, maybe he needs more credits for Fortnight or something . . .

#whippersnappers, get OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
F30lolz6798.50
hubbahubba8710.00
      04-06-2020, 09:06 PM   #38
dougt.ah3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
our PPP was approved for $790k and will be funded Monday. Had been in contact with my bank, a small local bank, for the last one to two weeks. Sent the info they requested Thursday evening and then the revised application Friday AM. They do not have an online portal and did everything via email.
Money was in our account this AM.
2022 K1600B
Appreciate 3
2000cs3443.50
RickFLM410873.00
hubbahubba8710.00
      04-07-2020, 07:24 AM   #39
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Congrats dougt.ah3!

I received an email from Wells overnight that we may not get it through them because in a nutshell they are oversubscribed, and I may want to look for another source. WTF????? Bye bye Wells....
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #40
dougt.ah3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Congrats dougt.ah3!

I received an email from Wells overnight that we may not get it through them because in a nutshell they are oversubscribed, and I may want to look for another source. WTF????? Bye bye Wells....
I am helping a friend who banks through Wells has the same issue. He is livid. Unfortunately the small bank who got my funding is focusing on their customers first.
2022 K1600B
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #41
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats dougt.ah3!

I am helping a friend who banks through Wells has the same issue. He is livid. Unfortunately the small bank who got my funding is focusing on their customers first.
Livid doesn't come close to describing how pissed I am right now.............
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 09:35 AM   #42
MooreBoost
Stand-up Philosopher
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
It's a bit confusing on the website as I can't figure out where to upload my documents.
With IntraLink, you drag the PDF documents that you want to send them from your desktop to the IntraLink webpage, and click "Upload" in the bottom right.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #43
Spgm5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Singapore grey 14 m5

Quote:
Congrats dougt.ah3!

That sucks dude. I heard wells, bb&t and regions are overwhelmed currently. Regions site crashed over the weekend
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 11:44 AM   #44
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Wells is apparently capped because of their regulatory issues. Those using Wells should try another bank. PNC reports they have no cap; BofA apparently doesn’t either. Local banks also worth checking. The big issue is volume and them prioritizing existing customers and better relationships.
Appreciate 0