BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 540I Bluestone .. small change of many to come

06-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

540I Bluestone .. small change of many to come

I will keep this short as its still not my build thread (yes I have been slacking getting it started)

I have a 2018 Bluestone Metalic 540I Msport I received last month after about an 11 week build to dealer turn around.

I have so far only done two things.

1. Tinted Windows with Llumar 18% Ceramic CTX Tint and

2. added rear gloss black 540i Emblem... it made a big difference and is such a small change.

I also have an additional 540I gloss black emblem for sale. 60 dollars shipped in US.

First up.. tape off and time for removal

and were done !

Next up... Gloss Black rear diffuser and Carbon Lip Spoiler install.. new thread coming soon.

and here is the gloss black 540I emblem I have for sale.. again 60 shipped in the US takes it..

06-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #2
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep

1 side shot... sorry.. quality of pic is not so great

06-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #3
bananas2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530e

I'm really regretting not choosing Bluestone. Oh well.

Have your tints caused problems with the instrument cluster brightness?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananas2 View Post
I'm really regretting not choosing Bluestone. Oh well.

Have your tints caused problems with the instrument cluster brightness?
Not one bit.

however I can see a bit of reflection off of the hud plastic frame a little more now.

to remedy this and block additional heat I am taking my car in this coming week to have the front windshield tinted in 3M Crystalline 70
      06-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
JCFans01
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOmega4 View Post
Not one bit.

however I can see a bit of reflection off of the hud plastic frame a little more now.

to remedy this and block additional heat I am taking my car in this coming week to have the front windshield tinted in 3M Crystalline 70
Congrats it's a beautiful car. I'm waiting for my bluestone too. The wait is so painful haha. Like many users here I'm concerned about tinting. I know it might be hard but can you take a pic of this reflection off of the HUD plastic frame?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 07:46 PM   #6
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFans01 View Post
Congrats it's a beautiful car. I'm waiting for my bluestone too. The wait is so painful haha. Like many users here I'm concerned about tinting. I know it might be hard but can you take a pic of this reflection off of the HUD plastic frame?
I will do my best
      06-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
bananas2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Not one bit.

Good to know, thanks! I don't think I'll go darker than 35% anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 06:41 AM   #8
Rotherd31
User Name
Rep
Drives: 2023 G83 BG/FR/ 963M wheels

Nice color! Planning on doing iND painted front reflectors? Mine are sitting on top of my tool box. Now all I need is a bluestone 550 to put them on!! Hopefully not much more than 2-3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 09:12 AM   #9
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotherd31 View Post
Nice color! Planning on doing iND painted front reflectors? Mine are sitting on top of my tool box. Now all I need is a bluestone 550 to put them on!! Hopefully not much more than 2-3 weeks.
haha... hopefully the 550 arrives in 2 instead of 3.

Yeah I'm planning on adding them as well... gotta get rid of that unsightly orange eye sore on each side.

I think the colored matched reflectors help out a great deal.. another small mod with a big Impact.

BANANAS
- hold tint samples up to the windows before you decide on your color preference.. I went in expecting to go 30% however with Ivory Interior the tint was just way too light for my taste.

The pictures make it look way darker than it still is.. you can see in the car from the outside still... I will highly recommend you spend a little extra coin and go Ceramic.. the heat resistance is so much better and really helps with the A/C keeping the car cool
      06-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #10
sangy335
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i

Look great! Makes me appreciate my bluestone a little more as I was waffling between that and alpine white.

Tried sending you a pm on the emblem (inbox looks like it's full). Hopefully it's still available.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #11
bananas2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

BANANAS
- hold tint samples up to the windows before you decide on your color preference.. I went in expecting to go 30% however with Ivory Interior the tint was just way too light for my taste.

The pictures make it look way darker than it still is.. you can see in the car from the outside still... I will highly recommend you spend a little extra coin and go Ceramic.. the heat resistance is so much better and really helps with the A/C keeping the car cool
I'm definitely going for the ceramic this time around. My car is white with the mocha seats so hopefully 30 still looks fine. I've done 30 on the fronts and 20 on the rears on the past cars.

I would go darker, but anything less than 70% is illegal in CA. 30% itself is pushing it, 18 would just be begging to get pulled over.
Appreciate 0