BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications G30 heated steering wheel retrofit

03-14-2022, 07:55 PM   #1
Shlf30
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M sport Saloon

So I bought an m5 steering but as others have encountered that if you do not have driving assistant plus it isn't a straight swap. So finding a steering column is hard due to stock and brand new genuine costs £542. And I've been made aware people have previously bought it for £70 off eBay.

My dilemma is I have manage to source one but the stalks aren't the same as my current wheel. Am I right in thinking that I could just use the clock spring (which is good for heated/vibrated steering) and insert my current stalks in them? And it'll
Work without any issues? May need some coding?

Differences in this column I'm looking to get compared to mine

1. Mine has [COLOR="DarkRed"] Auto Beam and BC[/COLOR] button this on only has BC button

2. Mine is a g30 so [COLOR="DarkRed"]normal wipers[/COLOR] and this has front and rear wiper stalk

Hope that explains it…any help would be great..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 07:18 PM   #2
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
If you're just trying to get the heating function to work, you'll have errors for incorrect equipment from the little module inside the steering wheel.

As far as SZL, not sure how that one you have is designed but it looks like you can simply swap over the stalks by unscrewing those small torx screws on the sides where the stalks meet the clockspring

The SW appears to be from a F97/8
Appreciate 0