BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Pulled the trigger, now I wait too! 2021 M550i Build

01-22-2021, 07:35 AM   #133
wigglebutts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

That color looks incredible Beerflakes !

So happy you finally got it! I was so blown away the first time I drove it i looked like my dog right before dinner is served lol.
      01-22-2021, 09:46 AM   #134
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerflakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyas490 View Post
Looks killer! The CF logos aren't my favorite, but damn does that red/white color combo pop!!! Enjoy it in good health!

I've already run out of cheap little mods, and now I'm shopping around for exhausts. Enjoy being bitten by the bug!
Thanks!!! Yeah, I’m not completely sold on the emblems either, but the standard blue didn’t really match anything on the car. I’ll see how I feel once it gets tinted out!

What exhaust are you considering? I ‘want’ to be in that boat, but feel like I might be headed for a divorce if I drop anymore cash on the car soon
I'm debating a few different exhausts and am going to see what's the best value option for me with local mechanics.

One would be just a resonator delete, and I've seen guys in states with cheaper labor (NYC area here) do it for under $500 all in. I'm thinking it'll cost me closer to $850-1k. Dinan also makes a pipe for this that's like $1k but then labor.

Then there's just an axle back, or muffler swap, and there is AC Schnitzer, Eisenmann, Dinan and Remus. These are like $1800-2200ish? I think? Except ACS which is like $4500-6k.

Then it's full cat back, and I know Armytrix and Remus and Dinan offer this. I can't seem to tell if the AC Schnitzer is just a back box, and Eisenmann is def just a back box. These full cat backs are like $3k to $4k.

Leaning towards getting the Remus cat back full system, and their cheaper chrome tips and having the tips powder coated myself (their carbon ones are an extra like $700-800??!

I think I can get that purchased for $3500 with tax and shipping, so then just a few hundred in labor to install.

Long winded way to say, I'm likely going to do either a res delete to go cheaper, or the full Remus system. Leaning towards Remus, just not sure I'm ready to drop $4k on the car yet 🤣
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #135
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5, 2021 M550i (soon)

Quote:
I'm debating a few different exhausts and am going to see what's the best value option for me with local mechanics.

One would be just a resonator delete, and I've seen guys in states with cheaper labor (NYC area here) do it for under $500 all in. I'm thinking it'll cost me closer to $850-1k. Dinan also makes a pipe for this that's like $1k but then labor.

Then there's just an axle back, or muffler swap, and there is AC Schnitzer, Eisenmann, Dinan and Remus. These are like $1800-2200ish? I think? Except ACS which is like $4500-6k.

Then it's full cat back, and I know Armytrix and Remus and Dinan offer this. I can't seem to tell if the AC Schnitzer is just a back box, and Eisenmann is def just a back box. These full cat backs are like $3k to $4k.

Leaning towards getting the Remus cat back full system, and their cheaper chrome tips and having the tips powder coated myself (their carbon ones are an extra like $700-800??!

I think I can get that purchased for $3500 with tax and shipping, so then just a few hundred in labor to install.

Long winded way to say, I'm likely going to do either a res delete to go cheaper, or the full Remus system. Leaning towards Remus, just not sure I'm ready to drop $4k on the car yet 🤣
Yep, I totally get it. I'm stick shocked at the resonator costs you're seeing... It really isn't all that much work to cut them out and weld in straight pipes. I think I'm being charged 200 or so.

Curious to see what you end up doing!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #136
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Quote:
Quote:

Yep, I totally get it. I'm stick shocked at the resonator costs you're seeing... It really isn't all that much work to cut them out and weld in straight pipes. I think I'm being charged 200 or so.

Curious to see what you end up doing!
My guess is that I've talked to a couple of shops that don't do work on m550's or similar cars, so they're charging a lot hoping I don't do it because they don't want to bother.

I think I'm leaning towards just doing the Remus cat back and custom powder coating the tips.

Such a nice sounding grumble.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 07:02 PM   #137
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Tinted up

Appreciate 1
hoyas490131.50
      01-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #138
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Not even 50 miles and picked up a screw in the runflats, sigh.

Appreciate 1
hoyas490131.50
      01-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #139
wigglebutts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Not even 50 miles and picked up a screw in the runflats, sigh.

Ha, shit. Welcome to the club. This was on the way home for me 🤣

Car looks great!
Attached Images

02-19-2021, 09:14 AM   #140
Dat5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglebutts View Post
Yep! I love the 846M wheels. I've got spacers on the way to help with the fitment. The car looks like a dude that skipped keg day right now lol.

Once they sit flush the entire car will look more muscular
Hey wiggles! That sounds like it’s gonna be sweet! My 21 550i is in transit from port To dealer right now, and I also chose the same wheels so was wondering which spacers you’ll be using?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #141
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat5 View Post
Hey wiggles! That sounds like it’s gonna be sweet! My 21 550i is in transit from port To dealer right now, and I also chose the same wheels so was wondering which spacers you’ll be using?
Do you know how long it took to go from the "At The Port" stage to the "In Transit" stage?
      06-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #142
PsiAddict
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i 2019 C7 GS

Quote:
Thanks all! CF roundels, CF up-right hub caps installed. Slightly better pics.

Was removing the stock roundels hard? How did you do it/what did you use. I’ve held off doing the blacked out ones, as I heard they are in there good and it’s tough to get out clean. Don’t want to ruin the paint etc. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 08:55 AM   #143
Beerflakes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiAddict View Post
Was removing the stock roundels hard? How did you do it/what did you use. I’ve held off doing the blacked out ones, as I heard they are in there good and it’s tough to get out clean. Don’t want to ruin the paint etc. thanks!

I think it was pretty easy. The side reflectors were the biggest pain (adhesive on them). I used the pry tool from Ind to take them off, they just snap on and off pretty easily.

https://ind-distribution.com/product...bc71ec40&_ss=r
Appreciate 0