BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 540 burbles without tune possible?

01-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #1
goat milk
Private
Rep
Drives: g30 LCI

540 burbles without tune possible?

Hey guys,

Is it possible to get mild burbles on a 2021 540 without a tune? Downpipes and/or resonator delete? The stock exhaust has a verrrry slight burble when revving the engine while parked.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:19 AM   #2
hoyas490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i

Can't speak for the G30 version of the B58 engine, as I just got an M550i. But on my old 440xi, I did Dinan mid pipes and the exhaust valve hack/trick/mod to keep them open full time.

Had a decent mild burble sound afterwards. For some reason can't upload videos right now, but if you PM me a number/email/Instagram or something I can send you a video clip or two of what my B58 sounded like with no exhaust mods and just the valves open, to then Dinan mid pipe with exhaust valves open, to a full stage 1 93 octane BM3 tune with mid pipe and valves open. Should give you some sort of idea what your sound options are going that route I did.

Did no downpipes, intakes etc. all my stuff was post cats, or tune.
Appreciate 0