BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 540i exhaust straight pipe

02-11-2021, 08:05 AM   #1
StefanAnton
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 540I

540i exhaust straight pipe

Hello guys, i want to straight pipe my 540iX from the engine to the tips and I am wondering how it sounds. I searched on youtube and google but couldn't find any video. Some guys at my local tuning garage told me that it is way too loud and i can't stay in the car with it on a long drive.(the thing is that i want the loudest exhaust but i don't wanna spend a lot of money on it )
So if you could post a link with the sound and maybe tell me how it is o long drive and how it sounds outside the car because I can't really know the true sound from a video.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 07:16 AM   #2
brokeboi
Private
Rep
Drives: F90

It will sound like crap. Just do a muffler delete instead and it will sound a lot louder and deeper. I would personally never straight pipe anything that isn't a v8 or higher, and definitely not on a daily driver.

Watch this clip:

Last edited by brokeboi; 02-12-2021 at 10:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 01:15 PM   #3
Alpine540iM
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M sport, Eurocharged

Garage List
I have a resonator delete and a catless dp, which is more than loud enough. I wouldn't recommend cutting the rear muffler off as with turbo cars some back pressure is needed.Also already got 2 tickets for the exhaust being to loud :/
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #4
PetieD 7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine540iM View Post
I have a resonator delete and a catless dp, which is more than loud enough. I wouldn't recommend cutting the rear muffler off as with turbo cars some back pressure is needed.Also already got 2 tickets for the exhaust being to loud :/
There is noise ordinance at your neck of the woods??
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
Alpine540iM
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M sport, Eurocharged

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetieD 7 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetieD 7 View Post
Quote:
Unfortunately they passed a new bill last year. Located in Ontario, Canada. The worst part is it's based off if the officer thinks it's loud or not, no decibel meter testing.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 06:31 PM   #6
StefanAnton
Romania
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 540I

Quote:
Thanks for the opinion, in my country it's not really a big deal with the tickets for exhausts and I want it to sound as loud as it can )
Appreciate 0