BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Bimmercode to change ambient lighting

03-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #45
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

It's a bit of a gray area.
One view is that you are just altering values , the actual code is not changed. If you've used esys you could argue it's a bmw tool itself but
Is the software legit?(most likely not)
BMW could turn around and deny any warranty work if it was in relation to any of the existing if they detected the changes.
Id like to think that I'd say your headlight broke they would not deny you as coding say ass off would have nothing to do with it.
Even without hooking the car up to any diagnostic software they might notice if you have made a change that is fairly obvious.
Ana example when I traded my f10 in they asked if it had been coded as the ass was disabled by default , so an obvious thing to notice as in the uk it would be on by default. Said they officially can't sell a car that has been coded so I said simply flash it again with the latest software and that will wipe it out. Nothing more was said.

I guess I'm saying that there is a risk, the dealership could potentially be awkward about it if they notice or they may just ignore if it is not directly involved. If the coding relates to something that has gone wrong then that's going to be down to how they handle it.

This assumes of course that the coding is done "right". With esys if you don't know what you are doing you could potentially mess things up which would be embarrassing.

At the end of the day the risk is small but it is there and only you can decide if you are happy with that.

There are many here who have coded without any issues but if you scour the forums you will see that there have been issues on occasions.
You have to weigh up the chances of having to have any warranty work as well.

Your call at the end of the day.
I coded my f10 using esys but decided not to code my g30 .
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #46
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis21 View Post
Is the warranty voided if you use Bimmercode? I'm afraid of that...
Despite this being answered in this thread previously, the short answer is no if you're just doing the stuff in basic mode (not expert). The options presented to you in the app for your particular vehicle are only parameters for features that already exist on the vehicle even though a lot of them are hidden to the user in iDrive. None of the basic options in BimmerCode changes the vehicle order (VO) file which ties your vehicle to the way it was when it left the BMW factory. The worst thing that could happen is you might have recode your features again if an ECU's firmware was updated during service.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2019, 11:33 PM   #47
X5autostart
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonkgang13k View Post
Bimmercode seems to offer additional ambient lighting such as pink, red, light blue... wondering if anyone has done that and would coding void warranty? Location: Canada
How do you code to unlock all the colors for your ambient light? Im using the bimmer code app
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #48
boonkgang13k
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5autostart View Post
Quote:
Bimmercode seems to offer additional ambient lighting such as pink, red, light blue... wondering if anyone has done that and would coding void warranty? Location: Canada
How do you code to unlock all the colors for your ambient light? Im using the bimmer code app
Quote:
Quote:
I believe you can only change one colour at a time
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 10:57 AM   #49
X5autostart
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
I believe you can only change one colour at a time
Could you tell me where in the bimmer code app that i can change the color?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 03:44 AM   #50
BMWKLG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Could you tell me where in the bimmer code app that i can change the color?
Check out this link on YouTube. There are many you can find but I happened to be on this video when I saw this post.

https://youtu.be/ukRYbuuiWxI
Appreciate 0