BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Gracenote Update

03-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #1
GEV75
All Around Great Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540xi M Sport

Garage List
Gracenote Update

Does anyone know if there is a recent Gracenote database update for the G30 platform? I have done the update from ConnectedDrive and whenever I put a new CD in, I always go to the option menu and update the album information. It seems like no matter what CD I put in, it comes back with "data transfer unsuccessful". I am also seeing that the music collection that I imported is now missing the album cover art. It was present in my '16 X6 and it didn't matter how new the CD was, it always was able to find the information. In my '18 540xi, it just doesn't seem to work. There used to be a download or DVD from BMW to update the Gracenote DB, but they haven't done that in years now that all the cars are capable of going online to download the data. I have only had the new car for a few weeks, so I do not want to take it to the dealership for something as trivial as this, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or found a way for the car to download album information. All systems are online and ConnectedDrive and other components are able to download software. (Nav updates, data sent to car, etc.)

Also, does anyone know how to access the service menu in IDrive to check the Gracenote version? It used to be a controller sequence in previous versions, but it is not working in IDrive 6.0.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #2
GEV75
All Around Great Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540xi M Sport

Garage List
Weird, driving to work today and the gracenote just started working all by itself. Now, I am getting album art for tracks in my music collection and updated album information for new CD's that I put in. It has been 3 weeks since I took delivery and it seems like it took this long for the database to get fully updated and for the online search to start working.
Appreciate 0