BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Help Replacing 2018 540i Amplifier

09-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #1
Theophilus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW i5 M60

Help Replacing 2018 540i Amplifier

Hello, everyone,

I recently ordered the Audio Fischer Match Up7 amplifier to install in my 2018 540i with the HiFi stereo. Based on the audio diagrams I’ve seen here and elsewhere, it seems the amplifier is located on the driver’s side of the trunk. However, my car has a storage compartment where I think the amp should be.

Can anyone help me understand what I need to remove in order to access and replace the amp?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 03:00 AM   #2
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
Hello, everyone,

I recently ordered the Audio Fischer Match Up7 amplifier to install in my 2018 540i with the HiFi stereo. Based on the audio diagrams I’ve seen here and elsewhere, it seems the amplifier is located on the driver’s side of the trunk. However, my car has a storage compartment where I think the amp should be.

Can anyone help me understand what I need to remove in order to access and replace the amp?

Thank you!
Try this site, it should give you an idea of where located and has exploded diagrams of trim pieces

https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/language/EN
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Theophilus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
Hello, everyone,

I recently ordered the Audio Fischer Match Up7 amplifier to install in my 2018 540i with the HiFi stereo. Based on the audio diagrams I've seen here and elsewhere, it seems the amplifier is located on the driver's side of the trunk. However, my car has a storage compartment where I think the amp should be.

Thank you!
Try this site, it should give you an idea of where located and has exploded diagrams of trim pieces

Thank you for that website!

I went ahead and did the amplifier replacement myself in about 3 hours. It shouldn't have taken that long, but it was my first time taking apart the liners in any car. The fact that it went relatively smoothly gives me a sense of pride.

I say "relatively," because there is one clip on the trunk lid liner that seems misaligned and won't go in, but I'll kindly ask my BMW dealer to address it when I go in on Monday. I also triggered a QC1 delivery inspection alert that the dealer has to clear when I disconnected and reconnected the battery.

Overall, the Match Up7 amplifier definitely adds clarity and more of a bass punch to the standard HiFi system. I'll probably upgrade the front mids and tweeters at some point, but for now, I don't feel so bad not opting for the Harman Kardon system, which many others say is underwhelming.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 07:58 AM   #4
fanoffbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 530d

bimmercat.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post

site moved to another domain https://bimmercat.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #5
miner42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i

Thank you - I just posted a similar question. Great friendly site.
Appreciate 0