BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions BMW Individual Composition Package Coming to 5 Series Starting March

02-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #45
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerandBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
If you are not given the option to select Alcántara more than likely it will not show up on your new car
It was an option on '18s, but due to supply constraints they took the option away. It was not available when I picked options for my build at the end of January. My car won't be built till April since I'm doing Euro delivery in May. This news has me hoping that the Alcantera headliner option might come back before production begins on my car.
FYI, it's difficult to change your build once the order has been accepted by BMW. Once it's in the production queue, even if it's several weeks away from production, you can't really make any changes without starting a brand-new order. I only know this because I tried in December.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you are not given the option to select Alcántara more than likely it will not show up on your new car
It was an option on '18s, but due to supply constraints they took the option away. It was not available when I picked options for my build at the end of January. My car won't be built till April since I'm doing Euro delivery in May. This news has me hoping that the Alcantera headliner option might come back before production begins on my car.
FYI, it's difficult to change your build once the order has been accepted by BMW. Once it's in the production queue, even if it's several weeks away from production, you can't really make any changes without starting a brand-new order. I only know this because I tried in December.
Yup I tried to add nightvision it was literally that day it started production, pushed dealer but couldn't do it, though he did say if it hasn't hit the production status (I e still in order) then I could have added it
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 08:41 AM   #46
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup I tried to add nightvision it was literally that day it started production, pushed dealer but couldn't do it, though he did say if it hasn't hit the production status (I e still in order) then I could have added it
From my experience, the orders are accepted very quickly. So there's not a lot of time between placing the order and it being put into the production queue. When I ordered an X6 in mid-December, it was in production the next day. Couldn't make any changes even though the build didn't begin for several weeks.
Appreciate 0