BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Coding availability for exhaust flaps?

03-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Coding availability for exhaust flaps?

I have a 2019 M550i and I'm running straight pipes, so the exhaust flaps (along with the entire muffler) are completely out. The plug is not connected to anything so Im getting a code.

The code I'm getting is "138104 and 138102 / Permanent / Exhaust flap; activation: Open circuit"

One of the guys on this forum recommended this product from ECS Tuning:

I called ECS and ordered them because I need them anyway, however, these are only plastic covers which "protect the actuator plug from the elements when using a non valved exhaust" - as described on the ECS website.

Link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/18302411427/

Does anyone know if there is any way to code the car to either bypass this function? Or is there any other fix available for this issue? Thanks in advance.

I know I could always pull the fuse (theres a thread on this forum somewhere) - but would that prevent the car from throwing the code?

Last edited by fan51; 03-13-2019 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 12:43 AM   #2
ericplotnikov
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw 340i

Did you find something that works because i got code 138104 on my stage 2 2017 340i after my muffler delete and i cant find a solution
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 04:57 AM   #3
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan51 View Post
I have a 2019 M550i and I'm running straight pipes, so the exhaust flaps (along with the entire muffler) are completely out. The plug is not connected to anything so Im getting a code.

The code I'm getting is "138104 and 138102 / Permanent / Exhaust flap; activation: Open circuit"

One of the guys on this forum recommended this product from ECS Tuning:

I called ECS and ordered them because I need them anyway, however, these are only plastic covers which "protect the actuator plug from the elements when using a non valved exhaust" - as described on the ECS website.

Link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/18302411427/

Does anyone know if there is any way to code the car to either bypass this function? Or is there any other fix available for this issue? Thanks in advance.

I know I could always pull the fuse (theres a thread on this forum somewhere) - but would that prevent the car from throwing the code?
Replied in your other post on this. It has a form of resister in it so it maintains the circuit.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:13 AM   #4
tjbuggy2b
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

If this plug doesn't turn get rid of your code, I think I saw somewhere (you'd have to research) that you can just run a jumper from one of the pins to the other to close the circuit and make the car think it's plugged into something.

Do your research before attempting, though! I could be wrong, and if you do it wrong or it's not possible... well, electronics may do electronic things and cause more issues.
Appreciate 0