BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Emergency call service malfunction

03-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 %E2%80%9C22%E2%80%9D MSpor

So I get this message today and was confused so I held the sos button and was able to call SOS n speak to them. So that communication worked.

Pull out the CARLY and scanned, these were the errors. Was able to clear them but before n after clearing it seems the weather widget isn't loading.
Attached Images

03-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynjoker View Post
So I get this message today and was confused so I held the sos button and was able to call SOS n speak to them. So that communication worked.

Pull out the CARLY and scanned, these were the errors. Was able to clear them but before n after clearing it seems the weather widget isn't loading.
There was a global Internet outage today courtesy of Level 3 Communications, a Tier-1 Internet backbone provider. This affected many services like Facebook, Instagram, cellular calls etc. I've been having issues across the board with multiple carriers. I am a Senior Network Engineer for AIG, so this kind of thing is in my wheelhouse. I guarantee you this was related.
Appreciate 2
      03-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

There was a global Internet outage today courtesy of Level 3 Communications, a Tier-1 Internet backbone provider. This affected many services like Facebook, Instagram, cellular calls etc. I've been having issues across the board with multiple carriers. I am a Senior Network Engineer for AIG, so this kind of thing is in my wheelhouse. I guarantee you this was related.
Lol damn bro. That was one of the best replies EVER on this forum. Thanks for the info
      03-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

Lol damn bro. That was one of the best replies EVER on this forum. Thanks for the info
I don't know about that! But thank you!
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep

So it's still hanging around. the car is going in Wednesday so I'll update the post with the final print out on what they found & fixed
Attached Images

03-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #6
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep

So turns out Vinyl wrap company sealed the SharkFin very poorly which allowed water to continuously let water in that area. I'm pushing real hard for them to cover under warranty n loyalty customer. My 2 Previous BMW's had crazy issues n F10 had motor rebuilt @50k. Icing on the cake I just ordered a X7 M50i for 117k.
Attached Images

04-26-2022, 05:28 PM   #7
bmwG0dMSport
Rep
Drives: BMW 530ix M sport

Was it covered? Anyone know the out of pocket cost? My warranty expired in Nov and my roof is also wrapped
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 06:16 PM   #8
Bklynjoker
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So turns out Vinyl wrap company sealed the SharkFin very poorly which allowed water to continuously let water in that area. I'm pushing real hard for them to cover under warranty n loyalty customer. My 2 Previous BMW's had crazy issues n F10 had motor rebuilt @50k. Icing on the cake I just ordered a X7 M50i for 117k.
Sh*t cost me around 1,900 if I remember. If you have no errors or leaks your good to go. Mine was leaking and burnt out that unit.