BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing BMW G30 530e coolant pump for low temperature coolant circuit:) Missing error

10-30-2022, 03:33 PM   #1
z0re
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

BMW G30 530e coolant pump for low temperature coolant circuit:) Missing error

Hi
I have a BMW 530e G30 2018. Whilst doing a service, I performed a diagnostic and which returned 2 errors on the vehicle.
- 1B830A | LIN, communication (coolant pump for low temperature coolant circuit Missing
Existent: Yes
- 80436C Auxiliary coolant pump: Short circuit to positive terminal or open circuit
Existent: No
On the dash there is no errors present (ISTA says no error message will be displayed on dash). Using ISTA I performed guided fault finding. Activating the pump via ISTA did not result in the coolant pump switching on. No readings of coolant pump speed were relayed back to ISTA which was stuck on 255. Firstly, I checked ALL fuses in boot, driver footwell and passengers footwell which were fine. I was getting nominal voltage of 0.02v at wire harness which suggested power was being relayed. I checked the LIN cable which runs to the ECU from the cable harness and there was continuity present so cable looks good. Finally, I went on to replace the pump with a new pump and still this error message is present.
Has anyone come across this error? Any ideas on what I may have missed?
Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0