BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Bladed Handheld Weapon Thread

04-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Yes, I know how to wield a blade.
good go ahead and ignore me entirely then
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #24
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Exactly. I dont fight with strangers. I dont instigate shit. But if I have some drunken retarded Arizonian in my face talking shit with a glock strapped to his belt I want to know that I have the option to attempt put one in his carotid before he pops one off if it goes down like that.

Literally plans to bring a knife to a gunfight.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Yes. Pretty much a knife at a gun fight.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #26
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

This is a great great idea!

I carry one inside my door compartment. You seriously never know what can happen. Too many wierdos out there.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #27
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Okay seriously. Fuck tags. "Kill your self BTM"?? What the fuck is that?

Grow up.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #28
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

That tag is fucked up.

I also just dont want to deal with the hassle of carrying a gun in my car. Too many asshats around here break into cars and steal shit and that would be a road I dont want to go down.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #29
TimZ
Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

For less than 50 u can get a nice spyderco tenacious which falls just short of 3.5 inches. It's sharp as hell, nice g10 grips, and decent blade material. My personal favorites are the benchmade griptilian and spyderco military, but these are way over ur 50 dollar budget. Read up on laws regarding knives and conceal carry etc, u may be surprised by what u read depending on what city ur from. Lastly if u actually do plan on carrying, then I suggest practicing how to quickly pull out and open the knife...you don't want to look like a fool and drop the knife or even cut ur self while opening it
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #30
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimZ View Post
For less than 50 u can get a nice spyderco tenacious which falls just short of 3.5 inches. It's sharp as hell, nice g10 grips, and decent blade material. My personal favorites are the benchmade griptilian and spyderco military, but these are way over ur 50 dollar budget. Read up on laws regarding knives and conceal carry etc, u may be surprised by what u read depending on what city ur from. Lastly if u actually do plan on carrying, then I suggest practicing how to quickly pull out and open the knife...you don't want to look like a fool and drop the knife or even cut ur self while opening it
PHX is rather lenient when it comes to carrying laws. Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into them. I just figure if I was going to spend the $$ I would pick up a full auto or something of the sort. I figure I can find a decent spring assist for the price and all I'm really looking for is a slim easy to carry without being to obvious blade.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 03:49 AM   #31
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

http://www.buy.com/prod/columbia-riv...205731616.html

Pretty easy to find for $50-$60. I've had mine for about 1.5 years now.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #32
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
Okay seriously. Fuck tags. "Kill your self BTM"?? What the fuck is that?

Grow up.
Quote:
That tag is fucked up.
Doesn't bother me but could certainly be taken as offensive
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #33
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
PHX is rather lenient when it comes to carrying laws. Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into them. I just figure if I was going to spend the $$ I would pick up a full auto or something of the sort. I figure I can find a decent spring assist for the price and all I'm really looking for is a slim easy to carry without being to obvious blade.
I believe Maricopa county is the same as Pima in carry laws...I would see people with a gun on their hip walking around a Walgreens or some shit. You need a license to conceal, but as long as you have your paperwork proving the gun belongs to you you can carry it as long as it's not concealed.

Is full auto legal again? I thought it was just semi-auto
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #34
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I have my M9 w/ M10 scabbard from my days in the Corps. However, I'm not really able to legally carry that thing anywhere or even keep it in my car, so it just kinda sits at home. It's about as useful as the other Ka-Bar in my shadow box on the wall.

I've always liked knives more than guns; if I was ever responsible for taking someone out, I'd prefer to use a knife. Of course, if the option to get close wasn't available, then you'd have to use a gun.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #35
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

id like to see any of you guys pull your knife out of your pocket and use it while im pummeling your face with a baseball bat. youd be surprised at how little control you have of your motor functions when someone is whooping your ass. self opening are the clear choice but theyre illegal to carry in most states. spring assisted knives are really the only option, but even that flick of the wrist is hard when you're getting your ass handed to you. emerson knives are probably the only knife that would be an option in self defense that isnt assisted opening, but you need to be trained to get it out of your pocket.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #36
M3ltdown
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

I collect knives (benchmade emerson, spyderco, cold steel, kabar, etc.) and was taught how to use it. That said, I primarily carry a gun. I only carry knives where I cant carry my gun.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #37
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
id like to see any of you guys pull your knife out of your pocket and use it while im pummeling your face with a baseball bat. youd be surprised at how little control you have of your motor functions when someone is whooping your ass. self opening are the clear choice but theyre illegal to carry in most states. spring assisted knives are really the only option, but even that flick of the wrist is hard when you're getting your ass handed to you. emerson knives are probably the only knife that would be an option in self defense that isnt assisted opening, but you need to be trained to get it out of your pocket.
Umm not to split hairs or anything, but it's hard to use anything when being pummeled in the face with a baseball bat. It's hard to make a point about how useless knives are if you're going to throw in the precondition that you're being beaten in the face with a bat already. I can't think of many things that are easy to do while being beaten like that....

I've always thought of knives as more of an offensive weapon anyway. You really need to get the jump on someone for the knife to be at its peak effectiveness. For self defense... well... if you live in Chicago like I do, you pretty much don't have an option except to either carry illegally or be at the mercy of those who are carrying illegally (those guys aren't quite few and far between in this city). So, in essence, you're just plain fucked anyway.

Swiss Army knives are about the most deadly weapon a law abiding citizen can have here. I guess you could carry a bat or tire iron too, but if you ended up using it, even if on a convicted repeat offender felon, you'd still fry. Libtards have strong hold of the reins here.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #38
M3ltdown
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

Agree with raginclue as well.

hand to hand < short knife < long weapon (bat, stick, tire iron) < handgun < shotgun < rifle < RPG < tank < bomber < atomic bomb
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #39
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Umm not to split hairs or anything, but it's hard to use anything when being pummeled in the face with a baseball bat. It's hard to make a point about how useless knives are if you're going to throw in the precondition that you're being beaten in the face with a bat already. I can't think of many things that are easy to do while being beaten like that....

I've always thought of knives as more of an offensive weapon anyway. You really need to get the jump on someone for the knife to be at its peak effectiveness. For self defense... well... if you live in Chicago like I do, you pretty much don't have an option except to either carry illegally or be at the mercy of those who are carrying illegally (those guys aren't quite few and far between in this city). So, in essence, you're just plain fucked anyway.

Swiss Army knives are about the most deadly weapon a law abiding citizen can have here. I guess you could carry a bat or tire iron too, but if you ended up using it, even if on a convicted repeat offender felon, you'd still fry. Libtards have strong hold of the reins here.
my point exactly. anyone who carries as knife thinking it will be in self defense is lost. i'd like to see someone defend them self in court for stabbing someone because they got in a fist fight with someone. fist to fist, is one thing. but the first person who whips out a knife, even if you are getting your ass handed to you, will wind up in jail. the argument some are making here is that the other person has pulled some type of weapon on you, which is when youll have to pull your knife.

most self defense situations have you on your back to start. someone has already put you into a situation you dont want to be. people like to think they will be calm and collective, but when shit hits the fan its hard too be calm and do simple things like open a knife.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #40
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Sure. But where the fuck is this baseball bat? Are you carrying it? Is it in the back of your pickup truck? Are you walking up to me with it? I mean if you have a baseball bat and you are about to attack me with one then I am either the fuck out or if theres no escape I'm pulling a knife while you come towards me. If youve snuck up on me with a baseball bat then generally WTF? and the dude would be fucked anyway. OTOH, baseball bats are really ineffective for fighting unless your first blow knocks the guy out as the swing is rather lengthy. Youd be better off with some sort of baton.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #41
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sure. But where the fuck is this baseball bat? Are you carrying it? Is it in the back of your pickup truck? Are you walking up to me with it? I mean if you have a baseball bat and you are about to attack me with one then I am either the fuck out or if theres no escape I'm pulling a knife while you come towards me. If youve snuck up on me with a baseball bat then generally WTF? and the dude would be fucked anyway. OTOH, baseball bats are really ineffective for fighting unless your first blow knocks the guy out as the swing is rather lengthy. Youd be better off with some sort of baton.
its just an example. you can plug anything in there. club, bat, bottle, fists. the point is, try pulling and opening a standard unassisted knife when someone is on top of you assaulting you.

most attacks come without any warning, which puts you at a disadvantage from the start.

look i carry a knife everyday, but i dont fool myself into a false sense of security even though ive been trained to use it
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #42
Buegie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
my point exactly. anyone who carries as knife thinking it will be in self defense is lost. i'd like to see someone defend them self in court for stabbing someone because they got in a fist fight with someone. fist to fist, is one thing. but the first person who whips out a knife, even if you are getting your ass handed to you, will wind up in jail. the argument some are making here is that the other person has pulled some type of weapon on you, which is when youll have to pull your knife.

most self defense situations have you on your back to start. someone has already put you into a situation you dont want to be. people like to think they will be calm and collective, but when shit hits the fan its hard too be calm and do simple things like open a knife.
1. First paragraph is just untrue. Stabbing someone who is beating you hand-to-hand is totally justifiable. People are killed every day in fist fights, it would be easy to articulate that you believed that your life was in immediate danger.

2. I agree that actually pulling the knife would be difficult if someone already has the element of surprise. Does that mean you just give up and carry nothing? Like I said in the last page, I would at least like the option.

Why does every thread about weapons turn into hypothetical bullshit? OP just wants suggestions for good knives...
      04-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #43
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Not to mention that unless you live in some sort of ghetto I dont think that random people just attacking you out of nowhere is likely. Sure, it happens, but most fights have some sort of precursor.

Also, in reality, if the other person has a weapon and I could bolt, I would. I once had a guy at a bar talking shit to me out of his pickup truck window as me and my friends got into my car. I told him to shut the fuck up and kept walking. He rolls down his window, turns on his interior lights, and grabs a handgun from his glove compartment or some shit and starts waving it around. I just looked at him like he was retarded and went on my way. This sort of shit happens on a regular basis around these parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #44
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
1. First paragraph is just untrue. Stabbing someone who is beating you hand-to-hand is totally justifiable. People are killed every day in fist fights, it would be easy to articulate that you believed that your life was in immediate danger.

2. I agree that actually pulling the knife would be difficult if someone already has the element of surprise. Does that mean you just give up and carry nothing? Like I said in the last page, I would at least like the option.

Why does every thread about weapons turn into hypothetical bullshit? OP just wants suggestions for good knives...
Really? You should stab someone next time you get in a fist fight. I'll send you some care packages when you're in jail.

How many fights have you been in? 99% of the time, both people involved get thrown in jail (when caught). You can try to pull that omg I felt like I was going to get killed shit in court, but it usually ends with you crying when you get 25 to life....

for the OP, get a Emerson CQC-7
Appreciate 0