BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Enabling SMS messages without EBT option

11-16-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

Enabling SMS messages without EBT option

I've successfully coded in the ability to read SMS messages on my Mar 2019 built G30 M-Sport 520i (no options)

I couldn't find all the information all in one place so this might be useful to someone. Some instructions I found elsewhere referenced parameters that were already set, and some parameters didnt exist in my car.

I used Esys to do the coding and changed the following parameters all from 'nicht activ' to 'activ' in the HU_NBT2 module

EMAIL_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
CONTACTS_EIN_AUS
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
OFFICE_MENUS_ACTIVE

I didn't change anything else

Once done the Idrive reboots

Delete the bluetooth connection on the Idrive and phone and then re-pair them. In the Idrive check the settings for the phone and check that all options are ticked.

The Idrive will try and access your SMS messages which means that you have to allow this on the phone.

Once this is done after a little wait there will be the 'Messaging' option where you can see your texts.

I did this on a Android phone but would imagine an iphone would be similar
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 08:48 AM   #2
medsark
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW e39

Did you try to reboot your system via using the default official dealer phone number? Use the following text *reboot device*, *SMS mode on*. To send this message, you can use the disposable phone number generator, so you just need to find your official dealer's phone number in your instruction in order to proceed with the action. This way helped my friend when he was dealing with the same kind of problem, and I hope this solution will help you as well, have a good one!

Last edited by medsark; 05-27-2022 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 05:23 AM   #3
Jess66
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Using a temporary number instead of your own is always a solution when you have such issues. That's what I always do. Nowadays there are many websites or apps that provide this kind of service but I think https://anonymsms.com/ is the best of them all. check it out
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 05:12 PM   #4
Dannysimon
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi

Solve your issue by using Temporary Phone Number

By using TempSMS you can solve out your issue. Temporary Phone Numbers are always a good solution for this case.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2023, 10:18 AM   #5
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

That is interesting, is there a way how to code sms by BimmerCode? I have a pre-LCI 07/2018 540ix with Idrive 6. What is the coding?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 12:24 PM   #6
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

This was done using esys, no idea about app based coding
Appreciate 0