BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Who switched from RF to Regular tires?

03-21-2021, 11:49 PM   #67
RonronEG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Another happy DWS06 convert here.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #68
G30NI
Rep
Drives: G30 530dx

I recently changed from the 20 inch good year AS3 to Michelin pilot sport 4s all round.

I’ve noticed they are slightly more comfortable ride.

The issue I have had with my recently BMWs have always been with run flat tyres, I’ve had to replace 3 of the good years due to bubbles, previously on my F10 I had to replace 3 alloys due to cracks from new to 80k miles, once I swapped to non run flats I never had another alloy issue, right up until I traded it in for my G30 with 137k miles on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 10:07 AM   #69
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal540 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM1206 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mffarrell View Post
I ordered my car M550i, with 19" wheels and the spare tire option. I will replace the RFs with regular tires either when the rears wear-out or after I hit a pot hole and get bulges in the sidewalls like I did when my E60 was new.
I had a similar plan myself. I was going to replace RFTs at around 10K miles but after one full month of dealing with RFTs I am very close to getting rid of them any day now.

The only question is which ones to get? The proven AS3+ or the new Goodyear Exhilarate. According to the latest tirerack tests, Goodyears have the best wet traction and ride more comfortably than AS3+.

I am leaning towards AS3+ currently but may change my mind any moment.

BTW, my car came with newer GoodYear Eagle Sport All-Season runflat tires and the wet grip is exceptional.
In my opinion go with a proven tire that has a lot of reviews on Tire Rack... I currently have the A/S 3+ but have also had 2 sets of the DWS06 which were very good too. Both are well reviewed and proven to wear well. Newer tires can be a crapshoot as far as wear and noise if there aren't any long term reviews.
I had DWS06 on my 7 and on my X5. They are great when you first buy them but after 5 to 7k they are horrible. The road noise is almost unbearable even with my music on. I'm selling my X5 and sold the Seven in December. I don't believe I will be going back to them.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 07:46 PM   #70
jimk
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

I've switched the Bridgestone 20" RFTs to Vredestein Quatrac Pro. The ride was much better but the tires didn't grip much (which is expected for an AS tire) causing the DTC to light up in medium cornering/acceleration. America's Tire took them back and I've replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sports 4S. They are amazing, smooth, soft and quiet and the grip is phenomenal.
Appreciate 0