BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Sign the Jeremy Clarkson petition!

03-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Sign the Jeremy Clarkson petition!

Sign it! Top gear must go on !

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
MalibuBimmer
Founder, Knights of the Roundel website
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 and 2018 AMG GT

Garage List
2018 Mercedes AMG GT  [0.00]
2018 Audi Q3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
I don't believe in cutting "celebrities" slack. If they do bad things they should receive the same punishment as everyone else.
Previously: 2014 i8; 2013 650i convertible; 2013 650i Gran Coupe; 2013 X1; 2010 550i GT; 2010 535 GT; 2010 Z4 3.5; 2008 535ixt; 2007 M6 convertible; 2006 650i convertible; 1996 Z3; 1980 633CSi; 1978 630CS; 1972 3.0CS; 1971 Bavaria. (1971; 1979-2005 & 2017 - ? -- the Mercedes years.)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
I don't believe in cutting "celebrities" slack. If they do bad things they should receive the same punishment as everyone else.
We all know he is an old racist asshole but isn't that why people like him and respect him because he speaks his mind? He is dying breed because of political correctness these days and the politics of society. I don't agree with what he did but this is clearly who he is.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
Edinburra
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
Without knowing all the facts, is that how justice is dispensed?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
We all know he is an old racist asshole but isn't that why people like him and respect him because he speaks his mind? He is dying breed because of political correctness these days and the politics of society. I don't agree with what he did but this is clearly who he is.
Racist is just thrown around way too loosely these days. He's not a racist.

Btw, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;P
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinburra
Quote:
Without knowing all the facts, is that how justice is dispensed?
I don't care about his personal life, justice is not punishing him and letting the 350 million avid viewers of top gear suffer. He used some racist terms, punched some people among other things but so what? He's Jeremy Clarkson people like him for that reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #7
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
He wasn't suspended for being a politically incorrect asshole, he was suspended because the BBC is investigation, apparently, allegations that he punched a producer. I'm a big fan of the show, but not of people who act in such a way, so I hope BBC gets it sorted out sooner rather than later and that this was all about little to nothing.

I'll withhold until I know what actually happened before signing a petition.

If he did something like that over something as petty as being late with dinner, then I support the suspension.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
RADRACR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4 M Coupé // '09 X5 d

Like a decision will be made based on a silly petition. BBC Executives aren't stupid. They know the numbers. The fact that they pulled the shows indicates they're serious and I commend them for looking beyond money, as much as I love the show. The producer must have been a big shot.
'08 Z4 ///M Coupé (#1765/1815) — 1 of 68 Sepang Bronze / Black Nappa / Madeira Wood / 1 of 1 this combo
19" Advan RS / AP Racing / Bridgestone RE-11 / Autosolutions SSK / R.E. Diablo / R.E. trans mounts
'09 X5 35dSpace Grey / Saddle Brown
20" Forgestar F14 / SCR Delete

Last edited by RADRACR; 03-11-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #9
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADRACR
Like a decision will be made based on a silly petition. BBC Executives aren't stupid. They know the numbers.
Right? Most watched show of all time world wide.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #10
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
you must be a fan of Chris Brown as well.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #11
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi
Quote:
you must be a fan of Chris Brown as well.
A completely different scenario but hey Chris brown is still selling albums and making appearances. The world is run by money not by fairies and pixie dust. You don't know how Clarkson is treated on the set of that show or what happened. Personally I think he should do whatever he wants in his personal life as long as he is not raping or killing, I don't care what he does, that's his personal life. On another note I don't care about Chris Brown if he murdered someone tomorrow not my problem and wouldn't care.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #12
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
I don't care about his personal life, justice is not punishing him and letting the 350 million avid viewers of top gear suffer He used some racist terms, punched some people among other things but so what? He's Jeremy Clarkson people like him for that reason.
I'm happy that people that like a racist bully who has punched a coworker among other things, get to suffer when their hero's crappy show gets cancelled.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #13
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Take your idiotic comments else where. Mc douche. A completely different scenario but hey Chris brown is still selling albums and making appearances. The world is run by money not by fairies and pixie dust. You don't know how Clarkson is treated on the set of that show or what happened. Personally I think he should do whatever he wants in his personal life as long as he is not raping or killing, I don't care what he does, that's his personal life. On another note I don't care about Chris Brown if he murdered someone tomorrow not my problem and wouldn't care.
You come off as a really compassionate person.
That will always get votes or signatures.
      03-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #14
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan
Quote:
I don't care about his personal life, justice is not punishing him and letting the 350 million avid viewers of top gear suffer He used some racist terms, punched some people among other things but so what? He's Jeremy Clarkson people like him for that reason.
I'm happy that people that like a racist bully who has punched a coworker among other things, get to suffer when their hero's crappy show gets cancelled.

Not my hero, but I don't care what he does. He's there for entertainment not for me to morally judge him. Regardless Jeremy Clarkson will return even if it's not on the BBC. Sure he has many offers already.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #15
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
Quote:
Take your idiotic comments else where. Mc douche. A completely different scenario but hey Chris brown is still selling albums and making appearances. The world is run by money not by fairies and pixie dust. You don't know how Clarkson is treated on the set of that show or what happened. Personally I think he should do whatever he wants in his personal life as long as he is not raping or killing, I don't care what he does, that's his personal life. On another note I don't care about Chris Brown if he murdered someone tomorrow not my problem and wouldn't care.
You come off as a really compassionate person.
That will always get votes or signatures.
Well 1/2 million in less than 24 hours, must be a lot more compassionate people out there. Don't care what the guy did. You still listen to musicians that where drug addicts I bet, not being one yourself. I enjoy his journalism and his actions are not going to make me change my view on his journalism.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #16
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Well 1/2 million in less than 24 hours, must be a lot more compassionate people out there. Don't care what the guy did. You still listen to musicians that where drug addicts I bet, not being one yourself. I enjoy his journalism and his actions are not going to make me change my view on his journalism.

That's about 0.15% of the 350 million avid viewers.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 05:40 PM   #17
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Bring
Back
Clarkson
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

A couple things (just my take):

1) Clarkson "allegedly" punched a producer.

2) There are several sources indicating that there were no punches thrown (much less connecting punches). In time, I'm sure we'll get the "full story" of what happened.

3) The fact that all three presenters (Clarkson, Hammond, and May) were joking about the suspension on Twitter indicates to me that this matter is far less serious than it has been made out to be.

4) If Top Gear is cancelled, will the producer involved in the "fracas" be more disappointed about the "fracas," or losing his job on one of the longest-running, most popular TV shows in the world? Maybe he'll get compensation for his troubles? Regardless of what happens to Clarkson, cancelling the show does seem unfair to fans. From a business perspective, any entities that paid for all of the episodes deserve a refund. The Top Gear team is a huge one; lots of folks will get laid off.

5) The producer involved in the incident is supposedly a longtime friend of Clarkson. On the day the dispute occurred, Clarkson just simply lost his temper. Will cooler heads prevail? Will Clarkson apologize (and will it matter)?

And a reminder . . .

Had to do a bit of cleaning up in this thread. Conflicting viewpoints are always welcome on Bimmerpost. Personal attacks, name-calling, and other nasty behavior will not be tolerated.

In the last few weeks, I've seen more rudeness and bickering than normal. I realize that for most of us, it's been a long, bitterly cold, and downright miserable winter. Please don't let that frustration spill onto this board. Thanks gents.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #19
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34
A couple things (just my take):

1) Clarkson "allegedly" punched a producer.

2) There are several sources indicating that there were no punches thrown (much less connecting punches). In time, I'm sure we'll get the "full story" of what happened.

3) The fact that all three presenters (Clarkson, Hammond, and May) were joking about the suspension on Twitter indicates to me that this matter is far less serious than it has been made out to be.

4) If Top Gear is cancelled, will the producer involved in the "fracas" be more disappointed about the "fracas," or losing his job on one of the longest-running, most popular TV shows in the world? Maybe he'll get compensation for his troubles? Regardless of what happens to Clarkson, cancelling the show does seem unfair to fans. From a business perspective, any entities that paid for all of the episodes deserve a refund. The Top Gear team is a huge one; lots of folks will get laid off.

5) The producer involved in the incident is supposedly a longtime friend of Clarkson. On the day the dispute occurred, Clarkson just simply lost his temper. Will cooler heads prevail? Will Clarkson apologize (and will it matter)?

And a reminder . . .

Had to do a bit of cleaning up in this thread. Conflicting viewpoints are always welcome on Bimmerpost. Personal attacks, name-calling, and other nasty behavior will not be tolerated.

In the last few weeks, I've seen more rudeness and bickering than normal. I realize that for most of us, it's been a long, bitterly cold, and downright miserable winter. Please don't let that frustration spill onto this board. Thanks gents.
Sorry about any name calling, but someone inferring I support a person that severely beats women is very insulting. Don't even know how he connected the two situations unless he is just trolling.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #20
RADRACR
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Their livelihood is to be funny and support the show and make it "appear" to be less serious than it is. They're "working" when they tweet as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
The producer is obviously important enough to call shots. If it was a nobody, we wouldn't be hearing this story. His boss would just tell him to suck it up.

Quote:
Citation needed. If it were a friend, then why would he allow it to get this big?

All in all, some serious shit happened and it's probably been building over time and many factors contributed. This is the kind of decision that can only come from the VERY top of BBC. They're losing big bank from advertisers for pulling the show. Most business guys I know would rather die than lose money.
'08 Z4 ///M Coupé (#1765/1815) — 1 of 68 Sepang Bronze / Black Nappa / Madeira Wood / 1 of 1 this combo
19" Advan RS / AP Racing / Bridgestone RE-11 / Autosolutions SSK / R.E. Diablo / R.E. trans mounts
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #21
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Sorry about any name calling, but someone inferring I support a person that severely beats women is very insulting. Don't even know how he connected the two situations unless he is just trolling.
All is well my friend. No punches were thrown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADRACR View Post
Their livelihood is to be funny and support the show and make it "appear" to be less serious than it is. They're "working" when they tweet as far as I'm concerned.

The producer is obviously important enough to call shots. If it was a nobody, we wouldn't be hearing this story. His boss would just tell him to suck it up.

Citation needed. If it were a friend, then why would he allow it to get this big?

All in all, some serious shit happened and it's probably been building over time and many factors contributed. This is the kind of decision that can only come from the VERY top of BBC. They're losing big bank from advertisers for pulling the show. Most business guys I know would rather die than lose money.
Citation needed? Dude this is a message board. That I moderate in my free time. lol! No hard feelings though. Perhaps you just wanted the source for your own perusing?

Also, the word "producer" is being thrown around very liberally. From what I've read, this is a guy that was usually responsible for catering and other more minor, procedural details.

Regarding why his "friend" would let it get out, I have also read that it was another producer that instigated the proceeding.

Even if that weren't the case, ever had a falling out with a friend? Temporary or permanent.

Don't worry, I stood while I typed this response as to be more formal (and to make up for my failing to included footnotes/references).

If you'd like me to track down a reference, I can. In the meantime, here is Clarkson joking with the producer (far left) on the set during filming in China:
Attached Images

Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #22
RADRACR
Captain
United_States
Rep

But again... if it was just some dudes fuckin around and it got a little out of hand, how does BBC even consider pulling the show, let alone actually doing it? Pulling the show for the rest of the season for punching the caterer (you claim that it wasn't even physical) is ludicrous. Executives would never do that.
Appreciate 0