BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Lease is up in June 2022 dealer wants my reorder now

12-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #1
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Lease is up in June 2022 dealer wants my reorder now

Do you guys know what features / options are currently not available?

I want to ask if they will be back by June ? If they even know.

If they quote me so early how can they hold pricing ? Or know what deals are around?

Anyone re up so early.

I guess I could always buy my lease out if they mess with my numbers when it’s delivered. I just would need to get an extended warranty. And the car will have around 45k on the clock don’t know if that is a lot or not for things to go wrong.

This Car is my DD and I’d most likely order a twin in perhaps a different color. I
Really like it. It’s comfortable enough and sporty enough and quick enough. I sometimes Toy with the idea and comfort of a SUV since is have a sport Car too.

As much as I’d like an M5C before I die or they go electric I don’t think now is the time for getting a deal on anything.

Advice on locking in a lease 6 months early. (Or not)

I though about what else I’d even cross shop. The equal sedan from MB is not as sporty. Anything from Porsche is too much more $. Same with a RR sport. Plus not looking for a gasoline hog.

Sorry for the rambling post. Just my random thoughts. Will most like stick 540ix M sport. With M/sport brakes.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 02:34 AM   #2
COBodom
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
(...) If they quote me so early how can they hold pricing ? Or know what deals are around? (...)
When you order now they will quote you on current MF and residual. They don't know with certainty what incentives will be offered in June, but whatever the incentives are in June they can be applied to your quote. They will most definitely honor the figures from the purchase order you sign now. Nothing to worry about. This is standard operating procedure when ordering a new car.

In normal market conditions delivery to east coast takes 2-3 months. Maybe its longer now (easy to check on this forum), maybe they don't have many allocations or maybe they just want to secure a sale.
      12-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #3
CHSBoater
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 BMW X1

I ordered a 540ix M Sport on the 1st of November. Car was built straight away, but has been sitting at the port for 3 weeks awaiting a ship. Not sure when I'll get it, but I'd allow at least 3 months if I were you.
Features not available were hands free truck opener and parking assistance package which includes drive recorder and auto backup feature. From everything I've read, it's only going to get worse before it gets better.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #4
J2045678
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 x7 xDrive40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSBoater View Post
I ordered a 540ix M Sport on the 1st of November. Car was built straight away, but has been sitting at the port for 3 weeks awaiting a ship. Not sure when I'll get it, but I'd allow at least 3 months if I were you.
Features not available were hands free truck opener and parking assistance package which includes drive recorder and auto backup feature. From everything I've read, it's only going to get worse before it gets better.
I agree. I ordered last weekend and was told to expect 12 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 545e (Finally :-) )

Order date early November here.
Expected delivery - late April / May, possibly later.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 08:27 PM   #6
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Ordered Sept 1, still waiting......
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 07:10 AM   #7
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

If your lease is BMWFS you can extend lease up to 3 months with no obligation to get a new bmw.. And if you place a new order they allow you to extend until the new car arrives (all you need is a production #). So, you have flexible options if you choose to wait. Just be aware of your warranty and that your scheduled maintenance plan is likely only 3/36.

In today's nutty world, it will most likely be best to buy out your lease and flip car back to dealer. There's usually at least a couple grand there for you. Well, until this used car market mania wanes.
      12-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #8
carbo56
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post

In today's nutty world, it will most likely be best to buy out your lease and flip car back to dealer. There's usually at least a couple grand there for you. Well, until this used car market mania wanes.
My mother-in-law's X3 was going off lease in FL, and she was able to get $8K back from the dealer on the return. She probably could have gotten another $1K from a third party, but going with the dealer was an easy one-step transaction.

The good news was that they had a couple of new X3's on the lot to choose from, bad news is that her new lease is at full MSRP and a small mark-up on the MF, but considering the market and FL in general, she still came out way ahead.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #9
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbo56 View Post
My mother-in-law's X3 was going off lease in FL, and she was able to get $8K back from the dealer on the return. She probably could have gotten another $1K from a third party, but going with the dealer was an easy one-step transaction.

The good news was that they had a couple of new X3's on the lot to choose from, bad news is that her new lease is at full MSRP and a small mark-up on the MF, but considering the market and FL in general, she still came out way ahead.
I was at my dealership for service and the showroom was filled with new cars but they were all 330i or X3.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 08:07 AM   #10
YETIinFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i

You dealer will be the best source for what is available. The on-line build function was missing several features that the builder said where actually available for my order. Now, Germany may delete an option, but that is out of control of the dealer. A friend of mine just received her X5 and it came with every option that was ordered. Maybe it depends on where it is built.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #11
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep

Guys. Did a virtual meeting with my salesperson at the dealer. All cars in stock or ordered are going at MSRP. MF is at unmarked up rate for returning customers. That’s it. 540 build tine is 8-12 weeks.

Only option missing is surround view cameras. Only camera is on the back for reverse and out front is animated view from sensors. Everything else is back -charging tray, push button trunk close, XM and kick to open.

My car is up 350 bucks a month on a lease. That’s nuts. I asked how much positive cash is in my 2019 with the buy out vs market. They are not interested. They said my car is the non current model and there is no positive cash in those.

It looks like I’ll either buy my out my lease and extend a warranty until the madness subsides or finance a new one at a few hundred more per month and for 48 months instead of 36 and call it a day.

I really hate buying a commodity at a premium price. Just rubs me the wrong way.

I think I’ll also call another dealer to see if I have any positive cash in the car.

Last edited by jsf721; 12-15-2021 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 06:03 PM   #12
J2045678
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Guys. Did a virtual meeting with my salesperson at the dealer. All cars in stock or ordered are going at MSRP. MF is at unmarked up rate for returning customers. That’s it. 540 build tine is 8-12 weeks.

Only option missing is surround view cameras. Only camera is on the back for reverse and out front is animated view from sensors. Everything else is back -charging tray, push button trunk close and kick to open.

My car is up 350 bucks a month on a lease. That’s nuts. I asked how much positive cash is in my 2019 with the buy out vs market. They are not interested. They said my car is the non current model and there is no positive cash in those.

It looks like I’ll either buy my out my lease and extend a warranty until the madness subsides or finance a new one at a few hundred more per month and for 48 months instead of 36 and call it a day.

I really hate buying a commodity at a premium price. Just rubs me the wrong way.

I think I’ll also call another dealer to see if I have any positive cash in the car.
I would call around at least for the sake of getting some equity out of your car to soften the blow a bit. Expect to pay MSRP and a lot of dealers are increasing MF even for returning customers, so base rate is good all things considered. My lease is up in May and I ordered a 540 at the beginning of December. Same story I got on available options and timing from my dealer. I'm ready for a new car and am willing to pay up for a new one vs. buying mine out, but believe me it took a while to convince myself to except things for what they are. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 06:08 PM   #13
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks. Did you have any luck with a broker. I usually did fairly on on my own but there is no budging my dealer right now.

They don’t even care if they sell me a car (so it feels). They will sell the small number of allocations they have for each model.

I’m afraid the dealers will stick to this model even after supply chain issues resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2045678 View Post
I would call around at least for the sake of getting some equity out of your car to soften the blow a bit. Expect to pay MSRP and a lot of dealers are increasing MF even for returning customers, so base rate is good all things considered. My lease is up in May and I ordered a 540 at the beginning of December. Same story I got on available options and timing from my dealer. I'm ready for a new car and am willing to pay up for a new one vs. buying mine out, but believe me it took a while to convince myself to except things for what they are. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 06:15 PM   #14
J2045678
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks. Did you have any luck with a broker. I usually did fairly on on my own but there is no budging my dealer right now.

They don’t even care if they sell me a car (so it feels). They will sell the small number of allocations they have for each model.

I’m afraid the dealers will stick to this model even after supply chain issues resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2045678 View Post
I did not use a broker, but got some money for my trade and the dealer game me a few bucks off MSRP. Leased an X7 for my wife in June and got beat up on that and think they had mercy on me a bit this time…haha. Listen, I also have zero loyalty and always shop around. In fact another dealer called me mid test drive on the 540 and that certainly worked to my advantage.
Appreciate 0