BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications remap of electric engine in 530e (2018)

01-30-2024, 07:50 AM   #1
Koroglu98
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

remap of electric engine in 530e (2018)

Hi guys,

I have been searching all over regarding the remap of electric engine and so far I only found one for the increase of the distance it can overtake and DMS doing something to the software of the electric engine so it can work better with the remapped stage 1 engine.
My question is whether there is some remap options to make it more powerful and maybe additionally add the eboost function to the pre-LCI models.

If u are interested in sharing ur wisdom and knowledge, pls let me know what (which company) modifications have u done to ur 530e to upgrade its performance.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 07:46 AM   #2
Koroglu98
Rep

One more thing,
what happens when u remap the engine re the interaction with electric engine? does the electric engine still help in the acceleration or what?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 05:19 PM   #3
Channelringer
Rep
Drives: 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroglu98 View Post
One more thing,
what happens when u remap the engine re the interaction with electric engine? does the electric engine still help in the acceleration or what?
I have a 19 530e on stage 2+ from bm3. I haven't touched the electric motor at all and tbh it sounds like playing with fire. The bm3 map works on all b46/48 engines and the car still uses eboost (fills in shifts and throws about 150 horse and 300lbft of torque into the mix). I think there's one company in England that messes with the electric motor side of things on the 530e's but seriously recommend avoiding doing that. The electric system works perfectly on my stage 2 car and that's without any changes to it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:05 AM   #4
Koroglu98
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channelringer View Post
I have a 19 530e on stage 2+ from bm3. I haven't touched the electric motor at all and tbh it sounds like playing with fire. The bm3 map works on all b46/48 engines and the car still uses eboost (fills in shifts and throws about 150 horse and 300lbft of torque into the mix). I think there's one company in England that messes with the electric motor side of things on the 530e's but seriously recommend avoiding doing that. The electric system works perfectly on my stage 2 car and that's without any changes to it.
Thanks a lot man! could you pls share how much horsepower did u get from bm3 stage2+? and what are the results of 0-60?
regarding the english company its called dms, i have talked with them and they say that the if you dont remap the electric engine it will take more energy from the gas engine or some shit like that. However i see its more of a marketing stuff, as in reality you say its better to stay away from it.
thnks for the information.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 09:35 AM   #5
Iterio
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Thanks a lot man! could you pls share how much horsepower did u get from bm3 stage2+? and what are the results of 0-60?
regarding the english company its called dms, i have talked with them and they say that the if you dont remap the electric engine it will take more energy from the gas engine or some shit like that. However i see its more of a marketing stuff, as in reality you say its better to stay away from it.
thnks for the information.
I also have a 19 530e, on stage 2 by mgflasher with downpipe (and forged pistons/rods but thats just to avoid damage, no perf gains), pushing around 390hp on dyno with 610nm on 98 RON fuel (europe rating). On stage 1 i pushed 360 hp and 520nm on dyno, same fuel. 0-100kph haven't measured with draggy or such but on estimates around 5s, give or take 100ms, on stage 1.

EDIT: forgot to mention car is RWD on 19" rims

If you got any more questions just quote me
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 03:31 PM   #6
Koroglu98
Rep

thats some great performance upgrades u got there man. So I found a tuning place in my country which states that stage 1 will make 300 hp+80 hp from electric engine. Plus I plan to install FTP Charge Pipe and Short Intake Pipe and Dinan B Series Ignition Coils which will probably add 30+ HP as well.
Although the difference of the lci model is that is has some 10 second ecoboost function that gives up more than 100hp to the car. Considering the electric engine is the same im just waiting for someone to update(crack) it to the lci mods.
Really nice to read some usable comments about this model of the car thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 06:21 AM   #7
Iterio
Registered
Rep

Quote:
thats some great performance upgrades u got there man. So I found a tuning place in my country which states that stage 1 will make 300 hp+80 hp from electric engine. Plus I plan to install FTP Charge Pipe and Short Intake Pipe and Dinan B Series Ignition Coils which will probably add 30+ HP as well.
Although the difference of the lci model is that is has some 10 second ecoboost function that gives up more than 100hp to the car. Considering the electric engine is the same im just waiting for someone to update(crack) it to the lci mods.
Really nice to read some usable comments about this model of the car thanks a lot!
Careful, i did the same and blew an engine, b48 on this model is known to crack pistons above 270-280hp. Not knowing i blew piston 1 in less than 10k km i owned the car, went with forged pisotns and rods from CP & ZP. Upgraded chargepipe is a must too on bmws anyways.

Really wish they made xhp transmission tune for g30 hybrids too

EDIT: on stage 1 MG

Last edited by Iterio; 02-15-2024 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 06:01 AM   #8
Channelringer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iterio View Post
I also have a 19 530e, on stage 2 by mgflasher with downpipe (and forged pistons/rods but thats just to avoid damage, no perf gains), pushing around 390hp on dyno with 610nm on 98 RON fuel (europe rating). On stage 1 i pushed 360 hp and 520nm on dyno, same fuel. 0-100kph haven't measured with draggy or such but on estimates around 5s, give or take 100ms, on stage 1.

EDIT: forgot to mention car is RWD on 19" rims

If you got any more questions just quote me
Damn unlucky with the engine blow, fingers crossed for mine. I’m sitting right around 405 with the same torque numbers and am getting low 4’s to 60 on ps4s’s when dry (don’t even try it in the wet, I spin through 4th). I’m on 93 with an intake, charge pipes, inlet pipes, custom exhaust, dinan coils, nrg plugs, and a fresh wastegate. Might be time to start thinking about the forged rods and pistons. How much was that to do?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 08:17 AM   #9
Koroglu98
Rep

Quote:
Damn unlucky with the engine blow, fingers crossed for mine. I’m sitting right around 405 with the same torque numbers and am getting low 4’s to 60 on ps4s’s when dry (don’t even try it in the wet, I spin through 4th). I’m on 93 with an intake, charge pipes, inlet pipes, custom exhaust, dinan coils, nrg plugs, and a fresh wastegate. Might be time to start thinking about the forged rods and pistons. How much was that to do?
Can you share which intake, charge pipes, inlet pipes, custom exhaust, dinan coils, nrg plugs did u buy? (links or name) Although I have read that it does not add up to the hp and performance and only works as a way to keep it working re the g30 530 (this opinion was somewhere in this forum).
Those are what i want to order:
Dinan B Series Ignition Coils - https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...arts/D650-0008 - 35 evro
FTP Charge Pipe and Short Intake Pipe - https://www.ftpmotorsport.com.tw/pro...-package-kit-1 - 420$
MST filter - https://www.mst-performance.com/products/bw-g5301 - 405 $
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 08:41 AM   #10
Iterio
Registered
Rep

Quote:
CTS Turbo chargepipe - 200euros
CP CARRILLO pistons & ZRP rods (got them together) - 1300euros

Looking to get dinan coils and nrg plugs now that my oil change is also coming up. Also have a downpipe and resonator delete, looking to get an upgraded intake if budget allows.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 03:27 PM   #11
Channelringer
Rep

Quote:
Can you share which intake, charge pipes, inlet pipes, custom exhaust, dinan coils, nrg plugs did u buy? (links or name) Although I have read that it does not add up to the hp and performance and only works as a way to keep it working re the g30 530 (this opinion was somewhere in this forum).
Those are what i want to order:
Dinan B Series Ignition Coils - https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...arts/D650-0008 - 35 evro
FTP Charge Pipe and Short Intake Pipe - https://www.ftpmotorsport.com.tw/pro...-package-kit-1 - 420$
MST filter - https://www.mst-performance.com/products/bw-g5301 - 405 $
The MST intake is worth the money. Crazy flutter and good shielding. The burger one is eh. I highly recommend getting a large corksport intake sock though. It’s not designed for it but it fits and keeps out water just as a peace of mind thing. The dinan b series coils are the same and worth it for reliability. I have a CTS charge pipe, inlet pipe objectively you don’t really need to mess with. You could do the FTP package but the mst intake replaces a big section of it and deletes the resonator box so you can kinda do without. Idk which exact nrg plugs I used but you can just check their website.

Downpipe is the most important thing and the one I had the most trouble with. Idk where you’re located if stateside or otherwise but my engine used the b46 flanges on the exhaust. These are different from the b48 flanges and if I had gotten a standard b48 downpipe it wouldn’t have fit. I used a b46 VRSF catless dp and it went in easily (becides trimming off the bracket for the stock cat which took 30 sec)

The exhaust I had done by a guy in Redmond who’s awesome. Kinda a Frankenstein’d AWE off an rs5 but still sick although I get some highway drone but that’s cause there’s no muffler and just a resonator.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 03:37 PM   #12
AntWrig
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iterio View Post
Careful, i did the same and blew an engine, b48 on this model is known to crack pistons above 270-280hp. Not knowing i blew piston 1 in less than 10k km i owned the car, went with forged pisotns and rods from CP & ZP. Upgraded chargepipe is a must too on bmws anyways.

Really wish they made xhp transmission tune for g30 hybrids too

EDIT: on stage 1 MG
Got a link to those forged pistons and rods?
Appreciate 0