BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions BMW Connected IOS App Controls do not work

01-08-2019, 12:04 AM   #1
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Hello All,

I'm getting this error message when I try to send a command to my car from the IOS Connected App. It's been giving me this error for roughly 2-3 days now.

I typically use it to warm the car in the morning before going to the office.

Anybody know of an easy solution to this? I have an appointment with my service department, but would prefer not to have to bring the car in for something like this.

I tried restarting the phone, but it doesn't make any difference.
Attached Images

01-08-2019, 01:32 AM   #2
chris_sd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post
Hello All,

I'm getting this error message when I try to send a command to my car from the IOS Connected App. It's been giving me this error for roughly 2-3 days now.

Anybody know of an easy solution to this? I have an appointment with my service department, but would prefer not to have to bring the car in for something like this.

Everyone have had this since Jan 2nd
Appreciate 1
jwong77320.50
      01-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #3
MXNSITH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C, 2019 i3 REX, 2010 Z4

Quote:
Hello All,

You have a service stuck due to the existing issue with connected drive. There is an ongoing thread here: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1570529

Also, to stop that service, reset your history. Scroll to the bottom on the home page of the app, click history, then click reset on the top right of the next page. It will at least stop that service request you sent from continuously trying to perform the service.
Appreciate 2
jwong77320.50
mdavis313.00
      01-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #4
jwong77
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Just called the BMW genius, they claim another outage began this last Friday 1/11/2019. As of now, I'm still receiving the "Service Cannot Be Performed" error message when attempting to send a climatize command to the car via the BMW Connected app. Unfortunately, BMW does not have a simple platform status page, so it's really unclear what's going on with their services.

Was wondering if I'm the only one still having this issue? I'm located in the SF Bay Area, if that makes any difference.

I have already restarted my iPhone and also logged in and out of the BMW Connected app.
      01-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #5
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i

Quote:
Just called the BMW genius, they claim another outage began this last Friday 1/11/2019. As of now, I'm still receiving the "Service Cannot Be Performed" error message when attempting to send a climatize command to the car via the BMW Connected app. Unfortunately, BMW does not have a simple platform status page, so it's really unclear what's going on with their services.

Was wondering if I'm the only one still having this issue? I'm located in the SF Bay Area, if that makes any difference.

I have already restarted my iPhone and also logged in and out of the BMW Connected app.
No issues here in Vegas
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #6
oogie_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 & G30 530e

same issue here in Southern California. Although mine has always had issues since day 1. Can't view/use "destinations" or "activity" tabs, etc. For the first 4 months the app viewed the car as a normal 530i (no EV range).

BMW can't figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Here is something that has been irritating me about this iOS app. It keep restoring two previous destinations that I've only been to a few times and haven't been to since October (they are both out to town). I've deleted them at least 50 times, deleted the app entirely, deleted all of Significant Location history on my iPhone, and even changed from one BMW to another. No matter I have tried, these two addresses keep coming back daily.

They are not anywhere on my calendar or any other app that has permissions to the BMW Connected app. I am an iOS developer, so I know for a fact it's pulling it from another source that is not the vehicle. I thought this problem would go away when I replaced vehicles. Wrong. It's driving me crazy.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #8
oogie_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 & G30 530e

I got an update from the BMW Genius and it fixed all my problems. Feel free to give it a try:

Based on your description, we advise re-signaling ConnectedDrive service. I have included the steps to re-signal the ConnectedDrive services in your vehicle. Please follow these steps:

- Start from the Main Menu and select "ConnectedDrive"
- Select the "Options" button located near the iDrive controller
- Select "Update BMW Assist" and wait for the data transfer to complete before pressing OK.
- Turn your vehicle off and lock for 20 minutes to activate a sleep cycle.

Once this update is completed, please delete and reinstall the Connected App. If the issue is unresolved, please reply to this email.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oogie_m View Post
I got an update from the BMW Genius and it fixed all my problems. Feel free to give it a try:

Based on your description, we advise re-signaling ConnectedDrive service. I have included the steps to re-signal the ConnectedDrive services in your vehicle. Please follow these steps:

- Select "Update BMW Assist" and wait for the data transfer to complete before pressing OK.

Once this update is completed, please delete and reinstall the Connected App. If the issue is unresolved, please reply to this email.
I have tried this. Even on my new vehicle, it keeps putting back addresses that I have previously deleted and haven't been back to. Almost 20 of them. It's the app, not the "significant locations" on my iPhone. I really wish they would fix this.

Update: these locations came back again in the app today and I'm not even in town! And these are being deleted daily. So aggro!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #10
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:

I have tried this. Even on my new vehicle, it keeps putting back addresses that I have previously deleted and haven't been back to. Almost 20 of them. It's the app, not the "significant locations" on my iPhone. I really wish they would fix this.

Update: these locations came back again in the app today and I'm not even in town! And these are being deleted daily. So aggro!
Quote:
Quote:

I had this problem, I found the address somewhere in the cars i drive. In connect drive screen, hit option button on all the different menus. They are in car somewhere, i just can't remember where. Once I deleted them, i never used app again to look up addresses. Everytime I would start the car, the address would appear, drove me nuts.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 07:25 PM   #11
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I had this problem, I found the address somewhere in the cars i drive. In connect drive screen, hit option button on all the different menus. They are in car somewhere, i just can't remember where. Once I deleted them, i never used app again to look up addresses. Everytime I would start the car, the address would appear, drove me nuts.
When I delete the recently used addresses from iDrive it makes no difference. This has been my experience on two late model BMWs.

What's even worse is these destinations are not ones I have navigated to in the first place. They're just randomly used address of areas that I have driven through.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #12
jwong77
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Hello All,

I brought my car to the dealer, where they did a complete update of my iDrive software. It seems to have fixed this issue and the headlights staying on all night issue for me. Car appears to be working fine again.
      02-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #13
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hello All,

I brought my car to the dealer, where they did a complete update of my iDrive software. It seems to have fixed this issue and the headlights staying on all night issue for me. Car appears to be working fine again.
It seems to me that this is an app problem, but it's obviously getting the data feed from the vehicle. I find this very odd that this is still happening on my 2019 vehicle that was just built.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 10:20 AM   #14
amus3d
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e, X5 45e

My app took a crap on me this morning... It looks like they deleted my profile so I had to add my vehicle again. I was half way through the Add Vehicle process when it said there was an error with the information I entered. I deleted the app and reinstalled it... no luck. Anyone else having issues this morning?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 10:38 AM   #15
Warp Ten
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540xi

I just tried my BMW Connected app this morning and it would not show my vehicles--just a blank screen. I left it on for a while with no change. And while we're on it, I would certainly like to see the app show tire pressures, which I have not been able to find in my brief explorations of the app. Probably the most important thing to me besides remaining fuel. --Bob

Edit: This morning (nest day) it seems to work OK. Still would like to see tire pressures as I can with my Corvette.--Bob

Last edited by Warp Ten; 02-15-2019 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #16
MXNSITH
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchuck84 View Post
My app took a crap on me this morning... It looks like they deleted my profile so I had to add my vehicle again. I was half way through the Add Vehicle process when it said there was an error with the information I entered. I deleted the app and reinstalled it... no luck. Anyone else having issues this morning?
Yes. After a delete of the app and reinstall did it work. Same as you, car was missing, tried to add, it failed. Seems to be working now.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #17
amus3d
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530e, X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusmontes View Post
Yes. After a delete of the app and reinstall did it work. Same as you, car was missing, tried to add, it failed. Seems to be working now.
Yup, it started working again yesterday afternoon. The window glitch was corrected too. My window was showing up as being open.
Appreciate 1
MXNSITH198.50
      02-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #18
MXNSITH
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup, it started working again yesterday afternoon. The window glitch was corrected too. My window was showing up as being open.
I thought the window glitch was only me. Thanks for noting that. Mine is still showing unknown.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #19
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I thought the window glitch was only me. Thanks for noting that. Mine is still showing unknown.
Just delete the VIN (the last 7 digits) and re-add it back. You won't lose anything.
Appreciate 0