BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Anyone recently place an order? (build time estimate)

10-15-2018, 08:30 PM   #67
geraz
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post
Done!
Oh man. I cant wait!

Wheres the best place to see which ship the car is in?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #68
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraz View Post
Wheres the best place to see which ship the car is in?
You need to get that from BMW Genius.

Then, the best ship tracking website is MarineTraffic.com
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #69
geraz
Rep

Quote:
You need to get that from BMW Genius.

Then, the best ship tracking website is MarineTraffic.com
Seems like my car isn't on the boat yet. Its sitting at port right now according to the BMW Canada customer service.

Some news is better then no new tho!

How long does it take to get on a boat usually?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #70
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Seems like my car isn't on the boat yet. Its sitting at port right now according to the BMW Canada customer service.

I've heard and been told horror stories about the wait. According to Genius, it's the most volatile part of the entire process. It depends when the car shows up at the port, how many others are waiting, the ship's schedules, and probably a dozen other things we'll never know. Genius told me to be patient as they have seen cars sit at the port for weeks.

On the other hand, things can go very smoothly. Genius also told me to check back with them every 3 days. My car arrived at the port on a Monday, made a ship by that Thursday or Friday.

Since you're in Canada, ymmv...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #71
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i

Quote:
Quote:

I've heard and been told horror stories about the wait. According to Genius, it's the most volatile part of the entire process. It depends when the car shows up at the port, how many others are waiting, the ship's schedules, and probably a dozen other things we'll never know. Genius told me to be patient as they have seen cars sit at the port for weeks.

On the other hand, things can go very smoothly. Genius also told me to check back with them every 3 days. My car arrived at the port on a Monday, made a ship by that Thursday or Friday.

My last order sat at port for 2 weeks. Others have shipped within days. One of those things you just don't know until it happens. My build should be completed Friday and I will be anxiously awaiting myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #72
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

My 550 is currently inbound on the "Glorious Leader" with a stop in Baltimore first before heading over to the West Coast. The ship cleared the English Channel yesterday and is on track for a Nov 7th arrival on the West Coast.

Pretty good timing seeing that I turn in my M3 Nov 10th.
Appreciate 1
Aud Dr243.00
      10-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #73
geraz
Rep

Quote:

Fingers cross then

This is my first BMW, never waited for a car before hahaha. Totally thought it would be like waiting for a eBay order back in the days where your item wont be here for 3 months. Guess waiting for a car is a bit different.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #74
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Fingers cross then

This is my first BMW, never waited for a car before hahaha. Totally thought it would be like waiting for a eBay order back in the days where your item wont be here for 3 months. Guess waiting for a car is a bit different.
This is also the first time I haven't just bought a car off the lot. It is a very different experience for sure! Almost too much time to re-research and re-think everything!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #75
geraz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
This is also the first time I haven't just bought a car off the lot. It is a very different experience for sure! Almost too much time to re-research and re-think everything!
Definitely too much time to do research. Sort of but not really regret that I did not get the Dynamic suspension.

But atleast the car comes with the M Performance exhaust standard and the M performance aero kit? not sure which kit that is. But sure! Did not do enough research to see what is standard or not

Was told today that the ETA for my car would be in mid Dec. But the car is sitting at port right now.

Last edited by geraz; 10-17-2018 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Did not want to do a second post.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 03:46 AM   #76
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Definitely too much time to do research. Sort of but not really regret that I did not get the Dynamic suspension.

But atleast the car comes with the M Performance exhaust standard and the M performance aero kit? not sure which kit that is. But sure! Did not do enough research to see what is standard or not

Was told today that the ETA for my car would be in mid Dec. But the car is sitting at port right now.
I went through the ordering guides linked from a stick post here. From that it looks like the M550 gets as standard all the stuff that is part of the M Sport package for other 5ers. That should include aero, M steering wheel, and suspension (unless of course replaced with the dynamic suspension). The exhaust I think is more a function of the V8, and the standard exhaust tips are specific to the M550.

All I know is I liked what it looked and sounded like both on YouTube and at the dealer. They can name it whatever they want!

Not sure what the timelines are like for Canada (or if you're in eastern vs. western Canada), but mid-Dec seems like a while. My car just entered production and my CA is telling me there's an outside chance I'll have it late November/early December, even accounting for PCD.

Last edited by gooselee; 10-18-2018 at 03:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #77
geraz
Rep

Quote:
I went through the ordering guides linked from a stick post here. From that it looks like the M550 gets as standard all the stuff that is part of the M Sport package for other 5ers. That should include aero, M steering wheel, and suspension (unless of course replaced with the dynamic suspension). The exhaust I think is more a function of the V8, and the standard exhaust tips are specific to the M550.

All I know is I liked what it looked and sounded like both on YouTube and at the dealer. They can name it whatever they want!

Not sure what the timelines are like for Canada (or if you're in eastern vs. western Canada), but mid-Dec seems like a while. My car just entered production and my CA is telling me there's an outside chance I'll have it late November/early December, even accounting for PCD.
That does sounds good. I sort of purchased the car on a whim because my old car is too uncomfortable for the fiance and she can not drive a standard.

I looked all the M550i video available. To factories and tuned M550i videos.

I am in Western Canada. Vancouver to be exact. Was told the ETA but i do hope I would receive the car sooner for the winter.

What package did you get with yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #78
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That does sounds good. I sort of purchased the car on a whim because my old car is too uncomfortable for the fiance and she can not drive a standard.

I looked all the M550i video available. To factories and tuned M550i videos.

I am in Western Canada. Vancouver to be exact. Was told the ETA but i do hope I would receive the car sooner for the winter.

What package did you get with yours?
Ahh, that explains the longer delivery. Although I just received an email from my CA with a delivery date in mid-January! Some decisions to be made...

Documenting my build here: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1529209
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #79
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think I have already mentioned this somewhere...

My last 2 Mercedes' were custom ordered. My MB salesperson was less than enthusiastic about providing updates, and MB didn't have a web tracker or "Genius" that I knew of.

So when I ordered this BMW, I was excited about being able to follow it along...

Nearly 4 months later, I regret my excitement at having the options. It has consumed way to much of my free time, and even time when I shouldn't have been checking on it.

You mentioned eBay. I use Amazon for some things, but refuse to pay for Prime. Nothing more frustrating than ordering something, having the delivery estimate be some 10-12 days later, but watching them ship it 10 days from now and arriving in a day or two. Really, I need to pay for Prime for you guys to get your warehouse butts in gear?

In some respects, I feel like I have gone thru the same with my car.

Ok, rant over!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #80
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nearly 4 months later, I regret my excitement at having the options. It has consumed way to much of my free time, and even time when I shouldn't have been checking on it.
By the way, with that being said, my ship is less than 75 miles from the US/Mexico Border (out in the ocean, of course), and due into Port Hueneme tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
Aud Dr243.00
      10-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #81
geraz
Rep

Quote:
Ahh, that explains the longer delivery. Although I just received an email from my CA with a delivery date in mid-January! Some decisions to be made...

Documenting my build here: https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1529209
Damn... saw that you ordered yours back in Aug? and a delivery date in min Jan What decisions would you make? But, I did hear the Merc E55? is pretty nice. since the e43 can not compare at all to the M550i.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #82
geraz
Rep

Quote:
By the way, with that being said, my ship is less than 75 miles from the US/Mexico Border (out in the ocean, of course), and due into Port Hueneme tomorrow.
Seems like you will get yours very soon. What package did you add to yours? Did your sales contact you about the arrival yet?

And about the Amazon shipping 2 days before the delivery date they got to make those extra 70 bucks from everyone I got fed up with it and got the prime hahaha. I cant wait 14 days for a tub of tide detergent to arrive when I am too busy to go buy them at the store.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #83
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn... saw that you ordered yours back in Aug? and a delivery date in min Jan What decisions would you make? But, I did hear the Merc E55? is pretty nice. since the e43 can not compare at all to the M550i.
Yep. Ordered last week of August, got allocation first week of Sept. PW45 date held, its just an awkward delivery window. I could have gotten the car a little before Christmas if I wasn't doing PCD, but decided to just wait it out for the experience. I'll save a month of insurance at least.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 10:50 PM   #84
drjolokia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well I got pretty lucky. Was set for Build Week 41. Car finished 10/10. It's now on the boat as of 10/18. Was only at the port for 3 days!

CA says it will hit VPC on or before 11/15 and I should have it around Turkey Day 🦃

Getting excited!
Appreciate 1
Aud Dr243.00
      10-20-2018, 03:36 AM   #85
geraz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjolokia View Post
Well I got pretty lucky. Was set for Build Week 41. Car finished 10/10. It's now on the boat as of 10/18. Was only at the port for 3 days!

CA says it will hit VPC on or before 11/15 and I should have it around Turkey Day 🦃

Getting excited!
Mine finished on 10/10 also! Probably on the same boat I hope. Where about are you located?
Appreciate 1
drjolokia134.00
      10-20-2018, 03:57 AM   #86
drjolokia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Getting excited!
Mine finished on 10/10 also! Probably on the same boat I hope. Where about are you located?
Nice! SF Bay Area. You?

My car is on the Undine 😎
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 05:32 AM   #87
geraz
Rep

Quote:
Nice! SF Bay Area. You?

My car is on the Undine 😎
No idea which boat. But mine is going to the west coast area in Canada hahaha. But I heard the car unloads on the east side and then train over.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #88
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Seems like you will get yours very soon. What package did you add to yours? Did your sales contact you about the arrival yet?
I've been in constant contact with my CA because I have him doing some stuff for me when the car gets there. He didn't even know it had arrived at the port. Which is understandable...it's not like my car is the only deal he has going!

Alpine White w/Black Nappa Leather; ZDB; ZLS; ZPP; ZPX; 29X; 494; 4ML
Appreciate 0