BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery ED Finance question

10-16-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
Dfwfairy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

ED Finance question

First time doing ED. Found a credit union with a good finance rate but when I told them that I am picking my vehicle in Germany, they said that "in regards to picking up the vehicle in Germany, my underwriting manager has confirmed we do not do international delivery/pick up....we can finance only if pick up and draft is sent within the USA"

Can this still work for me?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

Good question...
I did ED 3 years ago and LOVED it but leased through BMWNA so I had no issues.

What you could do is finance through BMWNA for a few months, then when the car is stateside and re-delivered to you, refinance the car through your CU. If the car has under 5k miles on it at re-delivery then it should still qualify for new car purchase program at your CU especially since it has not been registered stateside before and goes through the new car delivery process at your dealership as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Dfwfairy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrumphoto View Post
Good question...
I did ED 3 years ago and LOVED it but leased through BMWNA so I had no issues.

What you could do is finance through BMWNA for a few months, then when the car is stateside and re-delivered to you, refinance the car through your CU. If the car has under 5k miles on it at re-delivery then it should still qualify for new car purchase program at your CU especially since it has not been registered stateside before and goes through the new car delivery process at your dealership as well.
Thanks a bunch! Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 03:43 AM   #4
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfwfairy View Post
Thanks a bunch! Much appreciated.
No problemo,

Definitely check with your CU regarding that last part and their terms for a "New Car" loan as I am by no means a professional. I just recall my CA talking about it when at one point I was thinking of buying my ED via PenFed.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 08:46 PM   #5
TomHiddlest
Registered
Rep
Drives: suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfwfairy View Post
First time doing ED. Found a credit union with a good finance rate time card calculator but when I told them that I am picking my vehicle in Germany, they said that "in regards to picking up the vehicle in Germany, my underwriting manager has confirmed we do not do international delivery/pick up....we can finance only if pick up and draft is sent within the USA"

Can this still work for me?
I think you should consider looking for other financial options that are more flexible with international vehicle pickup
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 07:37 AM   #6
tjbuggy2b
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive M Sport

Just do what I've done in the past on a difficult dealer purchase. I ensure I know my bank has a good rate. Go buy my car using the dealer's recommended financing. Immediately go home and refinance with my own bank.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 08:17 AM   #7
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

DAMN, got me all excited thinking ED was an option once again.

Did I miss something or should this thread be locked?

Truth be told, there's not much I'd want to order and take delivery anyway. Happy with our G30 LCI.
Appreciate 1
430Scud224.50
      01-11-2024, 02:28 PM   #8
430Scud
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550iX,430 Scud,E39 540Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHiddlest View Post
I think you should consider looking for other financial options that are more flexible with international vehicle pickup
New guy, you have committed a bit of a faux pas. This is an almost 6 year old thread for one...and second, the European delivery program was discontinued by BMWNA in 2020. So this financing question is mute. In additon, the OP now owns a 2019 G30, (if you look below his avatar), so again, mute point to respond.
Appreciate 0