BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Bluetooth acting up, maybe...

01-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
Ellazzar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Bluetooth acting up, maybe...

Is it me or this Bluetooth function is getting worse? Previous model was a challenge with my phone as well. It drives me crazy that the music keeps switching between Apple Music and the music I wanna play let's say from Pandora or Spotify on my phone. Or it's just an issue with Apple phones? Are we going back to mini jack plug in?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 02:19 AM   #2
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
First of all CarPlay is connected via WiFi, so nothing to do with Bluetooth. Have you checked if your phone has something playing in the background? If not, worth reinstalling the iOS to see if that changes anything.

I know if I open any apps while the car plays radio or any other source, it changes automatically to CarPlay.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      01-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
First of all CarPlay is connected via WiFi, so nothing to do with Bluetooth. Have you checked if your phone has something playing in the background? If not, worth reinstalling the iOS to see if that changes anything.

I know if I open any apps while the car plays radio or any other source, it changes automatically to CarPlay.
He doesn't seem to be using CarPlay.

In my experience, on IOS devices, there is a tendency for Apple Music to start playing whenever there is Bluetooth connection to a speaker or audio output device is detected. It also loves to play the same song everytime I connect as well. This is the main reason I use apple CarPlay because it doesn't do that.
      01-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post
Quote:

In my experience, on IOS devices, there is a tendency for Apple Music to start playing whenever there is Bluetooth connection to a speaker or audio output device is detected. It also loves to play the same song everytime I connect as well. This is the main reason I use apple CarPlay because it doesn't do that.
It tends to do this if a Bluetooth connection is made and the music app is already running on the iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
Ellazzar
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your input. Been having issues with the older bimmer I had too. Read some more about it online and Apple does seem to have some problems in regards to Bluetooth connectivity involving their Apple Music app that connect automatically to car
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellazzar View Post
Quote:

First of all I'm not using WiFi.
If you have CarPlay and use it, then it's connected via WiFi not Bluetooth.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellazzar View Post
Quote:

First of all I'm not using WiFi.
If you have CarPlay and use it, then it's connected via WiFi not Bluetooth.
That is 100% correct.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50
      01-31-2019, 09:06 AM   #8
Ellazzar
Private First Class
Rep

Manage Mobile devices, Apple CarPlay and press to de-select the automatic connection option
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 04:04 PM   #9
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Quote:

It's annoying to the point I want to rip out the music files I have there.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #10
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It's annoying to the point I want to rip out the music files I have there.
Haha, it drives me nuts as well. Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by it.