BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board how to deal with this pushy salesman ?

09-03-2021, 11:24 PM   #23
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperss View Post
And?

and before you reply - you are the 'dickhead' - you are the one who lied to this guy. If you weren't interested you should have said NO, if you were you should have set terms..

I really hope you don't have a daughter. . . . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
I avoid this by not test-driving anything until I'm ready to buy. When I decide to buy a new car, I research the vehicles, then go look. If I find one I want to buy I get my trade appraised and find out what my out the door payoff would be. Once those things are in place, I'll do a test-drive. There's no reason to waste a salesperson's (or my) time until I'm ready to write a check. You took up his valuable time and now he's taking yours. Sounds like an even trade.
Warriors… UNITE
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 11:37 PM   #24
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperss View Post
And?

and before you reply - you are the 'dickhead' - you are the one who lied to this guy. If you weren't interested you should have said NO, if you were you should have set terms..
hey asshat, I know you are a car salesman ! that's why you are so butthurt.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2021, 11:45 PM   #25
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I avoid this by not test-driving anything until I'm ready to buy. When I decide to buy a new car, I research the vehicles, then go look. If I find one I want to buy I get my trade appraised and find out what my out the door payoff would be. Once those things are in place, I'll do a test-drive. There's no reason to waste a salesperson's (or my) time until I'm ready to write a check. You took up his valuable time and now he's taking yours. Sounds like an even trade.

ok steve thanks for your advise! do you sell used cars or brand new ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 12:24 AM   #26
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Send him a link to your OnlyFans.

But for real this is so unprofessional for any dealership especially Audi. I expect better from them. I'd tell him to stop and if he persistent then leave a nasty review online.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2021, 09:30 AM   #27
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
This is 100% why I NEVER give a car dealer my contact info till I'm ready to talk $. EVER
      09-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #28
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
I’ve dealt with worse.

My wife.
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17962.50
      09-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #29
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Wow so just based on online research, having never driven the car, you can determine which car you want to buy. Amazing. Do you drive a minivan?

I've bought a lot of cars and encountered some pushy sales people, but never something like OP. I would just block them and be done. Usually if I have to give a phone number I give them my Google Voice number where I can easily block them.

When I do know exactly what I want I usually do the whole deal online then show up just to inspect the car and sign the paperwork.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17199.00
      09-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #30
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Based on that screenshot, I did not read anything disrespectful. He’s not going to praise his competitors. That should be expected. Just tell him you’ve changed your mind for now & might follow up with him later. If he goes on and on just block him. Never take these kinds of things dealings personal. It’s just business.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 09:48 AM   #31
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Send him a picture of you next to a new Mercedes whether you bought one or not.
      09-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #32
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

Call the dealership and ask for another contact. He'll be so pissed when he sees another person get the sale and not him.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #33
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Had this happen to me with my i3 purchase. Was from a Nissan dealer.
30 day limited warranty and They could not fix my TPMS sensors
I sat in the waiting room a full workday with no update.. had to get up and ask wtf. I worked from mobile so no problem with the job
I ended up just leaving.

Now getting spammed for extended warranty….
I just led them on like I was interested until they realized I was effing with them.
No more calls or texts.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 11:26 PM   #34
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Just block him as suggested ,if he continues to call you from another number ,you can say that you will be contacting "Audi North America " to place a complaint about his behavior
      09-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #35
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

OP you've been a member here for 14 years and you don't know how to handle a salesman?
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2021, 12:05 AM   #36
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
OP you've been a member here for 14 years and you don't know how to handle a salesman?
Pretty sure he’s got it figured out.

Potentially fatal health condition? Ask BP
Spouse cheating and wondering on course of action/legal advice? Ask BP
Car making a noise? Ask BP
Car salesman being too pushy? You guessed it, ASK BP!!!
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
DETRoadster11456.00
      09-06-2021, 12:47 AM   #37
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

I had a super pushy kid at a Toyota dealer that wouldn't leave me alone after we test drove a 4 Runner. I just ignored him figuring he'd eventually give up. He started calling from different numbers, e-mailing, even sent me a video message. It went on so long it became a joke to see if he'd ever give up. 2 months solid and he was still at it every couple days.

I finally realized he'd never give up so I called him back and simply said "Sorry bud, bought an FJ Cruiser from a different dealer. No longer in the market." No need to be a dick or tell him to F off. Just honest and let him know I already bought. It turned him off like a switch. No push back, no questions, nothing. He knew the sale was lost so I was no longer worth a moment more of his time.
Appreciate 1
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      09-06-2021, 12:48 AM   #38
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Pretty sure he’s got it figured out.

Potentially fatal health condition? Ask BP
Spouse cheating and wondering on course of action/legal advice? Ask BP
Car making a noise? Ask BP
Car salesman being too pushy? You guessed it, ASK BP!!!
Dont forget tax and financial advice. Both classic BP topics.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2021, 11:07 AM   #39
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

If he contacts you again, simply tell him you bought another car.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #40
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Do share the guy's contact TN and email ...

... I will be happy to call him up and ask for a test drive.
So what, if Toronto is on the wrong side of a lake!

Plus, there are SOooooo many interesting and exotic mailing and SMS lists that can benefit from another subscriber ....
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #41
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep

I ignored him and didn't answer his calls and text messages, after 2 days of ignoring I received an email from his manager this morning lol wtf

here is the email :

Great news. The new car programs are now available. Can we revisit the numbers and see if they work for you? Are you still in the market for a new vehicle? I think you will like the new pricing can we connect to discuss?

Regards
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #42
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I had a super pushy kid at a Toyota dealer that wouldn't leave me alone after we test drove a 4 Runner. I just ignored him figuring he'd eventually give up. He started calling from different numbers, e-mailing, even sent me a video message. It went on so long it became a joke to see if he'd ever give up. 2 months solid and he was still at it every couple days.

I finally realized he'd never give up so I called him back and simply said "Sorry bud, bought an FJ Cruiser from a different dealer. No longer in the market." No need to be a dick or tell him to F off. Just honest and let him know I already bought. It turned him off like a switch. No push back, no questions, nothing. He knew the sale was lost so I was no longer worth a moment more of his time.
Got damn.
That's a hardcore sales push and dedication.

Your Response .. stellar, simple and awesomely awesome.
Effing going that route next time. Thanks for the post. Stealing that move!
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11456.00
      09-06-2021, 12:09 PM   #43
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Last week, my 82 year old stepmother had an issue with her HVAC and it was 88 degrees in her home. We called a local company to make a service call and they did nothing but do a hard sell 3 times to spend $10K-$20K. The tech charged $99 for the service call plus another $78 for diagnostic and did nothing. My brother in law came out the next day with a Tech to inspect the system, he took the hose and sprayed the outside unit, checked a couple items and it worked great. I went on the first Companies Yelp page and shared my experience. I think that it took less than 24 hours to get a phone call and offer a refund. I'd post about your experience and let the dealership deal with the salesman themselves.
      09-06-2021, 12:41 PM   #44
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Last week, my 82 year old stepmother had an issue with her HVAC and it was 88 degrees in her home. We called a local company to make a service call and they did nothing but do a hard sell 3 times to spend $10K-$20K. The tech charged $99 for the service call plus another $78 for diagnostic and did nothing. My brother in law came out the next day with a Tech to inspect the system, he took the hose and sprayed the outside unit, checked a couple items and it worked great. I went on the first Companies Yelp page and shared my experience. I think that it took less than 24 hours to get a phone call and offer a refund. I'd post about your experience and let the dealership deal with the salesman themselves.
Good lord.
We almost got hit with that same thing by a residential AC company.

I had everything picked out just like I wanted. Sweet system set up. I just didn't want to do all the grunt work and have a nice warranty. Husband did all the phone conversations and legwork, showed me the work order and go.

AC company showed up on install day with a different system saying it was better, tried to charge us more. Unit was a knock off-of the one I chose with less features.

Told us things that were blatantly false, like my existing gas heat exchanger was bad and that I would do better with going all electric. I replied: Um, the gas heat exchanger was to be replaced anyway…..

The Rep paused for a moment then turned to my husband and continued to talk to him.

My husband got a little upset and said, "I believe she was talking to you".

Guy started saying yes sir but…
I chimed in and asked for both electric and gas. Told him that 240v dedicated circuit was already up there for the electric heating element. The system I purchased was capable of staging both. One stage for normal heat, the other stage for emergency.
They said it wouldn't work.

Told them to hold on while went to fetch my state registered professional stamps and certs, politely showed them along with my business card.

My husband just walked back to the easy chair and said "she's the engineer" and left the guy standing there with me while he was sputtering an apology.

I was very polite, not even annoyed. I just didn't want a shat system in my home. Wanted what I paid for and got it. Took longer but that system showed up within the hour.

Actually got to chatting and they saw our military pics and service medals… got a %35 off installation.

Nice !
Appreciate 0