BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

07-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #89
DR12FAN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible (ZCP)

Quick update.

Im based in the UK, had my F83 ZCP at the dealer, waiting for collection (just saw her last Friday). Been informed mine is one of the vehicles affected. To say I am livid is an understatement. Waiting for them to get back to me re the next step and any compensation!
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #90
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
I will get back to everyone as soon as possible! I'm at work now, but unable to send PM's.
Thanks alot Mo, looking forward for your answer tonight.

Regards,

Shahan
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #91
opfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
OK an update from my CA...
I was presented with 3 options and frankly I am not happy with any of them...

1.) Go take ED as planned, get to see my car, and the whole delivery experience and BMW will provide a car for me to use while on my trip. I will not be allowed to drive out with it. They will reimburse a monthly payment for my trouble.

2.) Cancel trip altogether and BMW will cover all cancellation costs as long as I provide receipts. Car will be delivered as soon as possible, with differential replaced, to my home dealer.

3.) Postpone the trip to a later date and BMW will cover all change fee costs. As you all know there is no ETA on when this affected car repairs will be completed.

I would lean towards 3 if I could change the dates of my trip. But I'd still want something else for my trouble. 1 would be an OK option only if I got to pick what car I was driving. And 1 monthly payment seems a bit low for this.

2 I would only take if my plan was to just save money on the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 11:47 AM   #92
5against8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80. 3 pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjguzman View Post
I'm happy mine is not affected
Any way to post a shot of the full list? I see some that could be mine in the right-hand column there...
      07-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #93
jimbojsb
Mthusiast
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Garage List
2006 X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2020 M4 Competition  [0.00]
2001 740i  [0.00]
2006 M Roadster  [0.00]
Just confirmed my F80 DCT that's on the boat right now is not affected!
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 11:52 AM   #94
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
So why is there no fix implemented yet? Aren't they still building 2017 M3, M4, M2's? Are the differentials in those cars fixed? Affected? We need more answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
Exactly. Why aren't they pulling those diffs for our affected cars??????
Likely because pulling 202 diffs out of a just in time manufacturing process has a huge ripple effect through the rest of the M2/3/4/5/6 production that is likely a bigger and more costly issue. They are likely waiting to get replacements from the manufacturer specifically for the impacted cars rather than throwing a wrench into the entire production lines for the rest of the M lineup. Yes, that sucks, but it is likely their view of the lesser of two evils. Those impacted may not share said view
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #95
Genevagear
Registered
Rep
Drives: S2000

Any details of the cause of the replacement?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #96
vfrooom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 6MT

Picked my F82 up last Friday, put 1,100 miles on it between Saturday and Sunday, and now just finally dropped it off at the dealership for it's break-in service a few moments ago.

Asked my SA if it was part of the recall - looks like it isn't! He wasn't fully aware of the recall, either, so I showed him this thread.

As a side note - mine went into production on June 1 - F82, 6MT, ZCP.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 01:18 PM   #97
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30

1.) Go take ED as planned, get to see my car, and the whole delivery experience and BMW will provide a car for me to use while on my trip. I will not be allowed to drive out with it. They will reimburse a monthly payment for my trouble.

2.) Cancel trip altogether and BMW will cover all cancellation costs as long as I provide receipts. Car will be delivered as soon as possible, with differential replaced, to my home dealer.

3.) Postpone the trip to a later date and BMW will cover all change fee costs. As you all know there is no ETA on when this affected car repairs will be completed.
That's the options I was given also. Not happy with any of them.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #98
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34
Quote:
I was reading the thread and was resisting responding to few posts.
And, this is likely easy for me to say since I'm not affected, but what exactly would you expect them to do to make you happy ?

Clearly there's an issue, unfortunate, yeah, it'd be better it didn't, but these things happen. They are doing absolutely everything in their power to make sure they minimize the impact on people and address the issue.

What else can they possibly do ?

If it's me, I'd go with "option #1" and not ruin my vacation, file this under "unfortunate circumstances" that sometimes just happen in life, move on and have a great time in loaner car.

Good luck resolving it all.
Easy for you to say. Thanks :
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #99
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
I was reading the thread and was resisting responding to few posts.
And, this is likely easy for me to say since I'm not affected, but what exactly would you expect them to do to make you happy ?

Clearly there's an issue, unfortunate, yeah, it'd be better it didn't, but these things happen. They are doing absolutely everything in their power to make sure they minimize the impact on people and address the issue.

What else can they possibly do ?
How about deliver my car on the scheduled delivery date so I can drive in on the Nordschleife and Spa as planned and not some loaner 7-series?
Easy to have an outside perspective if you're not directly affected. You have your car. You were not inconvenienced.
We won't agree on this I am sure.
^^^^ this.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #100
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjguzman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsF1
I just called Genius and they said the vehicles impacted had not yet been identified. I also did ED and already have the car.
There is a list of vins already came out Saturday
Any way to see this list?
I'm happy mine is not affected
Is there any chance someone could post the list of vin numbers that are affected?
      07-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #101
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

One month lease payment as compensation. Please!!! They have to do that. The car is gonna be delayed for a least that time getting "repaired". I'm tempted to tell them to F off
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #102
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Quote:
One month lease payment as compensation. Please!!! They have to do that. The car is gonna be delayed for a least that time getting "repaired". I'm tempted to tell them to F off
I honestly feel for all affected. I am hoping my car is/will not be affected. I see a fourth option for affected people.... Refuse delivery and get your cash back. A C63S AMG will do just fine as an alternative.

M
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #103
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:

Has anyone asked if #1 could be the same model of car as what you are getting? When I go on vacation I would rather drive a car like mine but someone else's. I get a door ding or have to park in a sketchy neighborhood and I don't have to worry about it.

Then reality is stuff goes wrong and you then make the best of it. Spend enough time going on foreign vacations and you should be prepared for lots of things not going as planned. I think their options are reasonable and continuing to say "I want my car" is pointless.
      07-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #104
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Cancelling your order is the only way to show how truly horrific experience this is for you and you won't tolerate anything but perfection (but then buying BMW vehicle contradicts the whole "nothing but perfection" idea, doesn't it ). For whatever it's worth, I respect that kind of "telling them", they screwed up, they don't get your business - way to go.

Once again I'll stress, that yes, this is for sure unpleasant experience and kinda spoils the fun of brand new expensive/luxury car delivery. No doubt at all, I would be upset too - I do understand you guys being upset. But short of walking away from a new car, comments like "this is simply not acceptable" sound silly to me. You're all grown men for crying out loud, just deal with bad things happening to you (deserved or not), see what kind of compensation you can get out of (and they sound reasonable to me), live with this unfortunate issue or simply move on to something else.
Appreciate 7
      07-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #105
mtx450
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
My car was stuck at the VPC for over a month extra to have the gas tank replaced due to an open campaign. I pushed back and was able to get another 1k off the price of the car from BMW NA. I suggest you try and raise hell and go that way. The extra money off the car was worth the wait.
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #106
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtx450 View Post
My car was stuck at the VPC for over a month extra to have the gas tank replaced due to an open campaign. I pushed back and was able to get another 1k off the price of the car from BMW NA. I suggest you try and raise hell and go that way. The extra money off the car was worth the wait.
How did you figure out what the issue was. My car has been at the VPC for over 3 weeks now and genius tells me they can't find out why. i'm not affected by the differential issue though.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 02:11 PM   #107
mtx450
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
How did you figure out what the issue was. My car has been at the VPC for over 3 weeks now and genius tells me they can't find out why. i'm not affected by the differential issue though.
Push the issue with your CA. She was the one who eventually told me, and then I proceeded to push further with BMW NA. I almost walked on the deal, that's how annoyed I was. I held out because I truly did love/want the car. Here is the thread for more info.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1245741
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2016, 02:22 PM   #108
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:

Quote:
That's the options I was given also. Not happy with any of them.
I had no option but to take #1. We made it work - it was still a good time, just different than I had planned. I doubt that they will provide a "like for like" loaner, but it would be great if they did - we didn't have that option. I know it sucks - maybe because I've already been through the 5 stages of grief - but the success of the trip is up to you and your perspective.

I have received an acceptable offer of compensation from BMW for ruining my plans. It does include a month's worth of payments. It all works out in the end. Everyone makes mistakes - business (and life) is about how you recover. At this point I am going to accept their offer and move on - I'd still like to drive my car soon, but that will come.
      07-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #109
WilliamsF1
Rep
Drives: 16 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Is there any chance someone could post the list of vin numbers that are affected?
The list appears to be out on another website. Not sure of rules of linking other sites.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #110
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
I had no option but to take #1. We made it work - it was still a good time, just different than I had planned. I doubt that they will provide a "like for like" loaner, but it would be great if they did - we didn't have that option. I know it sucks - maybe because I've already been through the 5 stages of grief - but the success of the trip is up to you and your perspective.

I have received an acceptable offer of compensation from BMW for ruining my plans. It does include a month's worth of payments. It all works out in the end. Everyone makes mistakes - business (and life) is about how you recover. At this point I am going to accept their offer and move on - I'd still like to drive my car soon, but that will come.
Glad you made the most of your vacation. Yeah, I doubt BMW has a bunch of M cars waiting around for this kind of thing, but they do keep fleets of 7s (maybe others) for various purposes. I suppose for most people, being offered a 7 would be fine (if not great).
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0