BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Netflix in BMW

01-13-2023, 02:10 PM   #1
Ryanmench
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Netflix in BMW

Hello,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to stream videos in a BMW like Netflix or YouTube?

I have a 2017 BMW 530.

I’ve been using Bimmercode but I haven’t seen that option.

Also, I’m not sure if it’s cause of my region but Bimmercode doesn’t allow me to go into the Headunit tab. I’ve been trying for the longest time to get full screen Apple CarPlay. I’m from Toronto, Canada.

If anyone else is experiencing the same let me know.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 03:00 PM   #2
r1cero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d g30

You are probably using amazon/ebay/aliexpress adapter so that's the reason why all functions are not working.

As for the initial question, it can be done in several ways, simplest being getting android device and doing screen mirroring. Your car needs to have wifi in the equipment but if you have carplay that is settled.

As for fulscreen carplay, your software needs to be updated before you can code it with bimmercode. Easiest way is through the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 01:28 PM   #3
Ryanmench
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1cero View Post
You are probably using amazon/ebay/aliexpress adapter so that's the reason why all functions are not working.

As for the initial question, it can be done in several ways, simplest being getting android device and doing screen mirroring. Your car needs to have wifi in the equipment but if you have carplay that is settled.

As for fulscreen carplay, your software needs to be updated before you can code it with bimmercode. Easiest way is through the dealer.
Thanks so much for the info.

I will start by updating my software. Are there other options to update without going to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2023, 02:15 AM   #4
r1cero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d g30

There are, using ista software but you will need to find the software(to pay or get cracked version) and enet cable.

Some guys mentioned that you could go to dealer and complain that your phone is losing connection intermittently and ask them to update it free of charge. My dealer called me out of warranty to update software due to some recall, also free of charge.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 04:35 AM   #5
streamsgeek
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW is driving innovation by integrating Netflix into their vehicles, offering passengers the ultimate entertainment experience. Now, while on the go, viewers can watch Cameron Diaz movies o netflix , enjoying her charismatic performances in a luxurious cinematic setting. Whether it's her romantic comedies or action-packed roles, Diaz's films add an extra layer of entertainment to the BMW experience, making road trips and commutes more enjoyable than ever.

Last edited by streamsgeek; 09-25-2023 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0