BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions M550 lease end, do I buy back

09-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #23
Johndani
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Wouldn't they send an email or snail mail notice if they change the terms? Otherwise, I'm not sure where I would look for that offer.

Of course, I'm a bit more than a year away from my lease end, so it's too soon to jump.

As for the OP, I too looked at the S550 coupe and it is a fabulous car, but OMG if you think it's a bargain at 65K just wait two more years when it's 40K. The depreciation on those things just doesn't stop.

I'd much rather see you negotiate a good price on your 550 and buy a used car that you know is good and cared for, rather than crossing your fingers and getting who-knows-what. Especially if you still like it. Not much difference in the new ones except for the confusing instrument panel and the slightly cosmetic changes.
No, I don't remember getting a paper mail and I missed it. I only found out after I had bought another car and I logged into my bmw financial account.

To OP, I ended up buying a $127k cpo one year old 750i for exactly half the price And I like it much better than I thought I would. It's large but the suspension makes the m550 suspension feel rudimentary.
I was also thinking about the 750
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #24
saw1
Private
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagu View Post
Check your Bmw account and see if you have a $7500 discount offer. Buy the car if you have that offer.

Update on the $7500 incentive from BMWFS: I called BMWFS on Friday asking why they ended the $7500 incentive. They explained it ended on 9/12/2020 but he wasn't sure why. I told him if they could offer that to me I would buy my car today. He put me on hold, came back a few minutes later and the $7500 is reinstated until 10/29/2020. What does that mean for me and possibly the OP. My 2018 m550i turn in date is 11/29/2020. I have 34,600 miles currently out of 36,000 allowed. My buyout was $51,XXX and is now $43,XXX for a difference of $7500. For $43k and change I am buying my car off the owners choice/lease. The bonus is that I am in Georgia so the TAVT was paid in full in my monthly payments (0 down at signing) so the transaction should be tax free. OP, call BMWFS and ask for the $7500 off if that would sway your decision!!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 10:02 AM   #25
CHECKERED
ex deus machina
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30, F15, Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndani View Post
Thanks for this info.. my buy back is 51k but maybe I can negotiate with them. My car is built nice I have the bowers and Wilkins sound which is hard to find on the cpo and I really like my colors and I know I never abused the car. I'm also hoping I can negotiate with them and have to get this certified by the dealer. If all in I'm at 50k I thinks it might be worth it more than that I might go new. Thanks again for your input.
picked up a CPO (dealer spent 4K recondition the car)
mine comes with B&W + every package (see signature) I paid 51,900 with 26K miles on the car
your dealer is a scammer, turn in the car, have them do the CPO wait
3-4 weeks until they drop the price and negotiate down to 45-46K with 0.9% APR 0 down
Gone: E92 335i N54 468rwtq
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #26
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

I'm kind of in the same boat - I leased an '18 M550 with nearly every single option BMW had - MSRP came out at $97K. Only thing it didn't come with is the silly digital key, gesture control, and the 20" wheels. It even has the carbon fiber rear spoiler, side mirrors and side "Performance" decals...

My lease will be up in August of '21 - I was driving 90 miles round trip to my office so I paid for 15K miles/year. But I've been WFH for nearly a year now, and I only have 24K miles on the car now. It still smells new - Med Blue on the White interior. Gorgeous.

But the residual is high per the contract - no way the car could actually sell out on the market for the buy out, but again I know how the car was driven and cared for, and by lease end it will only have about 28K miles. I'm torn on what to do.

On the other hand, I drove an M850 Convertible at a recent BMW UDE and would have NO problem jumping into one of those if I had to LOL....
Appreciate 0