BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding G30 Speed Limit Info

08-23-2021, 06:18 AM   #111
Will168
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d XDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
Hi mate did you do this with esys or bimmercode?

I had my SLI wiped too. Does anyone know I can reactivate this on expert mode within bimmercode or does it need to be esys??

Please can anyone help.
Hi,

No, it's not possible to do it all from Bimmercode. You have to use esys as well.

I could do all of the coding in Bimmercode expert, with the exception of the two KAFAS ones. They are the codings related to the KAFAS unit, that Bimmercode does not cover on the G series at the moment.

So you can either do all of it in esys or do most of it in Bimmercode expert and then finish off in esys.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:31 AM   #112
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will168 View Post
Hi,

No, it's not possible to do it all from Bimmercode. You have to use esys as well.

I could do all of the coding in Bimmercode expert, with the exception of the two KAFAS ones. They are the codings related to the KAFAS unit, that Bimmercode does not cover on the G series at the moment.

So you can either do all of it in esys or do most of it in Bimmercode expert and then finish off in esys.

Thanks for quick reply and how do I go about getting esys? Is there loads of software to use? Was the fsc code still there when you reloaded it?

Also when yours got wiped did you still have thy red icon. Just no speed limit being displayed. A red circle with no number?

Is this what needs to happen in esys

HU
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO: aktiv [01]

KAFAS
NPI_ENABLE: initwert [01]
SLI_ENABLE: initwert [01]

KOMBI
CB_TACHOZEIGERBAND: aktiv [01]
HUD_NO_PASSING_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
HUD_SPEED_LIMIT_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
NO_PASSING_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_SLI: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_SLI_NPI: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_SLI_PORTIERUNG: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_VSLI: aktiv [01]
PIA_SLI_NPI: aktiv [01]
PIA_TACHOZEIGERBAND: aktiv [01]
PIA_TACHOZEIGERBAND_PORTIERUNG: aktiv [01]
RCOG_TRSG_APPL: aktiv [01]
RCOG_TRSG_TIMEOUT: aktiv [01]
SPEED_LIMIT_ENABLE: sli [01]
TACHOZEIGERBAND_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
SLI_PERMANENT_ENABLE: aktiv [00]
ADDITIONAL_SIGN_ENABLE: aktiv [00]

Last edited by devil84; 08-23-2021 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:42 AM   #113
Will168
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for quick reply and how do I go about getting esys? Is there loads of software to use? Was the fsc code still there when you reloaded it?

Is this what needs to happen in esys

HU
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO: aktiv [01]

KAFAS
NPI_ENABLE: initwert [01]
SLI_ENABLE: initwert [01]

KOMBI
CB_TACHOZEIGERBAND: aktiv [01]
HUD_NO_PASSING_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
HUD_SPEED_LIMIT_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
NO_PASSING_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_SLI: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_SLI_NPI: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_SLI_PORTIERUNG: aktiv [01]
PIA_HUD_VSLI: aktiv [01]
PIA_SLI_NPI: aktiv [01]
PIA_TACHOZEIGERBAND: aktiv [01]
PIA_TACHOZEIGERBAND_PORTIERUNG: aktiv [01]
RCOG_TRSG_APPL: aktiv [01]
RCOG_TRSG_TIMEOUT: aktiv [01]
SPEED_LIMIT_ENABLE: sli [01]
TACHOZEIGERBAND_ENABLE: aktiv [01]
SLI_PERMANENT_ENABLE: aktiv [00]
ADDITIONAL_SIGN_ENABLE: aktiv [00]
No worries. For esys, there are a couple of bits of software to download and install. It's all relatively straightforward. The key/licensing bit is a little tricky, but overall not difficult. You also need an enet cable to connect to the car and a Windows laptop. Not sure what the rules are on this forum about posting links to stuff, but I'll PM you.

I did not have to do anything with the FSC because once it's loaded onto the car, it stays there. If you had SLI previously, then it should also still be loaded.

I literally just opened esys, saved my current configuration files and then straight to the KAFAS unit, changed the two values related to KAFAS in that list, saved and disconnected. Esys is obviously quite a powerful tool, which is good, but can also be bad because it gives you the ability to mess up your car if you do something wrong. Hence, I did everything I could in Bimmercode and then only used esys for what was absolutely necessary. I'm sure others on here probably think I was being too cautious, but it was my first time using it and didn't want to break my car!

Yes, just everything in that list is all you need to do.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:51 AM   #114
Will168
United Kingdom
Rep

devil84

Apparently I can't PM yet, as I've only just made my fourth post and need to wait an hour for my account to allow PMs. But I'll check back and do it after the account restriction is lifted.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 07:01 AM   #115
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Will. I really appreciate your help on this.

Just so I am clear, my SLI at moment displays in HUD and cluster but it has no speed/number within the red circle if you know what I mean.

Just an empty red circle. Is that what happened to you?

Last edited by devil84; 08-23-2021 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 07:15 AM   #116
Will168
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Will. I really appreciate your help on this.

I am from the UK too (saw your profile)

Just so I am clear, my SLI at moment displays in HUD and cluster but it has no speed/number within the red circle if you know what I mean.

Just an empty red circle. Is that what happened to you?
(Hello from Bristol)!

With mine, my instrument cluster got replaced when my indicators were making weird noises. If this were not a BMW forum, I would say "insert BMW indicator jokes here".

But joking aside, with replacement of the instrument cluster, everything computer related in my car was completely wiped. All settings and personalisation gone. So I had no SLI displaying at all. After I did everything I could on Bimmercode, I could get the red circle speed limit sign with three dashes in the middle, but no speed limit numbers. It basically could not read any speed limit signs and therefore would not display a number. I ordered an Enet cable and hooked up my laptop and once I programmed the two KAFAS codes, then it worked immediately on HUD and instrument cluster.

Did BMW replace anything on your car to have wiped it, or did they just do a software upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 07:29 AM   #117
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
(Hello from Bristol)!

With mine, my instrument cluster got replaced when my indicators were making weird noises. If this were not a BMW forum, I would say "insert BMW indicator jokes here".

But joking aside, with replacement of the instrument cluster, everything computer related in my car was completely wiped. All settings and personalisation gone. So I had no SLI displaying at all. After I did everything I could on Bimmercode, I could get the red circle speed limit sign with three dashes in the middle, but no speed limit numbers. It basically could not read any speed limit signs and therefore would not display a number. I ordered an Enet cable and hooked up my laptop and once I programmed the two KAFAS codes, then it worked immediately on HUD and instrument cluster.

Did BMW replace anything on your car to have wiped it, or did they just do a software upgrade?
Hi Will, got ya! yeah I have a fault with the USB port so they reflashed my head unit so it wiped all my personal settings including SLD. However i still have the red circle (in HUD and cluster) just no numbers. So i wonder if i am the stage where i just do need to do the final bits of coding in KAFTA then? (think i will do all just to be safe)

I just got bimmercode (to do the other bits of coding lost) and already have an enet cable - so will be giving this a try when the ethernet adaptor arrives today.

i assume the coding in Bimmercode is via expert mode? quite straight forward?

look forward to your PM

I have a 530d too - in Saloon form
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 11:40 AM   #118
Laurentvh
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW5 G30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentvh View Post
Just got my G30 LCI delivered (Belgium). Sales man advised me speed limit info was 'standard' - but seems it's not. Although I throuroughly went through the options & configuration before order, and I couldn't find the SLI option anymore separately (Now found it only in the full 'Driver Assistant Pack', which I didn't take as I assumed SLI was 'standard' anayway).
He said the same about 'high beam assist' and then mentioned at delivery I need to activate it through the Connected Drive store (after payment).

The car has iDrive7/Connected Drive Pro and camera in front window afaik.

A friend of me uses Bimmercode to make changes in software, but I don't find SLI in the Bimmercode list for G30 2017+ models. I guess it's not in there?

As I'm really missing SLI (got this on my previous 4series), anyone who can help/recommend me how to have it? I see some posts of people above who can help.

And maybe a 'newbie' question: but after having someone programming SLI on the car, will it disappear again after every software upgrade or not?
Anyone care to help and/or answer the questions?
To get SLI on my car.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #119
dsoffers
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d Touring (2016)

I'll give it a go, us Belgians have to help each other out.

Quote:
A friend of me uses Bimmercode to make changes in software, but I don't find SLI in the Bimmercode list for G30 2017+ models. I guess it's not in there?

As I'm really missing SLI (got this on my previous 4series), anyone who can help/recommend me how to have it? I see some posts of people above who can help.

And maybe a 'newbie' question: but after having someone programming SLI on the car, will it disappear again after every software upgrade or not?
Thanks to Will168 we now know most of it can be coded in Bimmercode except for the KAFAS system, for that we'll need to use Esys. The problem is Esys requires a launcher on our G3x cars and so far I've found only 2 launchers and both of them are currently both unavailable. EsysX has halted sales while they mourn the loss of their team member and TokenMaster's Launcher Pro 3.x is unavailable as he has apparently not been replying to emails in over a year.

At the moment your (and my) only option is to find someone either local or online who can code it for you.

For your last question, any software update/fix/.. done by the dealer will wipe the programming of SLI and you'll need to re-do it. (Which is why I'm going to keep looking for a working launcher so I can re-code it once the dealer wipes it. ) The FSC code will stay 'attached' to your car so it's only a matter of activating all the options listed above.

Quote:
No worries. For esys, there are a couple of bits of software to download and install. It's all relatively straightforward. The key/licensing bit is a little tricky, but overall not difficult. You also need an enet cable to connect to the car and a Windows laptop. Not sure what the rules are on this forum about posting links to stuff, but I'll PM you.
If you have a working launcher that can be shared I'd love a PM as well. I already managed to get Esys and the required files but missing the launcher at the moment..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #120
Laurentvh
Belgium
Rep

Thanks dsoffers for the info above.

I've parked the BimmerCode possibility with regards to the coding of SLI.

For now I'm still in contact with NDH in the Netherlands, https://ndh.nu/?product=bmw-speed-limit-info-activatie

However, since my G30 is an LCI (MY2021), it seems I have a newer version of the KAFAS compared to a G30 pre-LCI. They're used to code SLI, but are now awaiting the FSC from BMW AG that is compatible with this newer KAFAS.
Although, that's what I've understood from their explanation.

Don't know if one of the other coders present here can confirm this? Or know a way to code on G30 LCI's?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 03:14 PM   #121
Delta4SJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

I have followed thread with interest. I am new to coding and am interested in putting SLI on my G30. Got all the stuff to do it. Reaching out to see if anyone can sell me a FSC code.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 01:27 PM   #122
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta4SJ View Post
I have followed thread with interest. I am new to coding and am interested in putting SLI on my G30. Got all the stuff to do it. Reaching out to see if anyone can sell me a FSC code.
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:39 AM   #123
Laurentvh
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
PM sent
kubax86 : I have sent you a PM as well, could you please check your inbox?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:41 AM   #124
Xbhp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 MSport

Quote:
Thanks dsoffers for the info above.

I've parked the BimmerCode possibility with regards to the coding of SLI.

For now I'm still in contact with NDH in the Netherlands, https://ndh.nu/?product=bmw-speed-limit-info-activatie
I see ndh guys in the above link quoting 140 euros on their website for enabling SLI. Does that include FSC + coding? Typically what is the cost of FSC code alone?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 04:29 AM   #125
Laurentvh
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbhp View Post
I see ndh guys in the above link quoting 140 euros on their website for enabling SLI. Does that include FSC + coding? Typically what is the cost of FSC code alone?
As far as I know today, it's FSC+coding.
Appreciate 1
H_T152.00
      09-07-2021, 08:20 AM   #126
ClarCE
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X2, 2021 530e

Hey all, I have a 2021 (facelift) 530e with the camera in the windscreen, but annoyingly without the SLI option. I have contacted bimmer remote with my VIN and unfortunately they do not have a solution for remote enabling this with an FSC code yet.

I am posting here just in-case someone else knows of a solution (I'm looking to buy the code and someone to remotely code it for me, already have ENET cable etc), or alternatively for when it does become available and someone might trawl through this thread looking for customers!

Cheers,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #127
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarCE View Post
Hey all, I have a 2021 (facelift) 530e with the camera in the windscreen, but annoyingly without the SLI option. I have contacted bimmer remote with my VIN and unfortunately they do not have a solution for remote enabling this with an FSC code yet.

I am posting here just in-case someone else knows of a solution (I'm looking to buy the code and someone to remotely code it for me, already have ENET cable etc), or alternatively for when it does become available and someone might trawl through this thread looking for customers!

Cheers,
Chris
Have you checked connecteddrive store?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 02:43 AM   #128
ClarCE
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X2, 2021 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Have you checked connecteddrive store?
Hey, thanks for the response. Yes I have, nothing there for SLI. I did buy the auto-dimming main beam and safety camera info from the store, which activated over the air. Nothing else on there it will let me buy now!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #129
Laurentvh
Belgium
Rep

I also got reply from the guys in the Netherlands (NDH)
https://ndh.nu/?product=bmw-speed-limit-info-activatie

For G30 LCI (2021 models) it doesn't seem possible yet to code, as BMW is not yet giving the FSC code for the newer models (with latest KAFAS camera)
I've agreed to contact them again in 3months to see if there are any updates by then.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 07:11 AM   #130
ECY
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D 2017

I was researching this issue myself. I got answers to my questions. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 10:45 AM   #131
Wojti_
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F11, G30

Quote:
Hi mate did you do this with esys or bimmercode?

I had my SLI wiped too. Does anyone know I can reactivate this on expert mode within bimmercode or does it need to be esys??

Please can anyone help.

Coding bmw can clean, but fsc stay
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #132
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
I also got reply from the guys in the Netherlands (NDH)
https://ndh.nu/?product=bmw-speed-limit-info-activatie

For G30 LCI (2021 models) it doesn't seem possible yet to code, as BMW is not yet giving the FSC code for the newer models (with latest KAFAS camera)
I've agreed to contact them again in 3months to see if there are any updates by then.
FSC for newest Kafas4(mid&high) is not yet available to order.
Appreciate 0