BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Fullscreen CarPlay, what is going on behind the scenes?

12-15-2020, 05:55 AM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Fullscreen CarPlay, what is going on behind the scenes?

Hi all,

I have a G31 2017 coming this week, I know it will have split screen CarPlay so I want to get it configured for fullscreen. I know that there are many providers out there who will remote in and do this, but I have the coding ability and most software and I wanted to know if there was anyway to find out what these guys are doing behind the scenes to enable this? I think it has to do with editing the actual image perhaps, but there must be some instructions out there to do this yourself?

Does anyone know how? I know it's not a simple case of changing a few coding variables.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

You need the tool to access the Carplay.ini file in the Heas unit, change the configuration and flash it back to the HU, than code fullscreen. Doubt you have that tool as it cost way too much for a single user.
Ypu are better off just paying someone doing it remotely.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 11:26 AM   #3
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
You need the tool to access the Carplay.ini file in the Heas unit, change the configuration and flash it back to the HU, than code fullscreen. Doubt you have that tool as it cost way too much for a single user.
Ypu are better off just paying someone doing it remotely.
ok, well I could do it with femtoevo which isn't too expensive, cheaper than I could pay someone to do it remotely, but it might be less hassle to just get someone else to do it like you say
Appreciate 0