BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding G30 front radar issie

04-02-2024, 02:32 AM   #1
cliffyb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

G30 front radar issie

Hey all I have a g30 2018( built 2017) I have owned it for 2 years, ever since I have had it it will come up with intelligent protection system can't be activated, and shows under bumper radar, I bought the car with extended warranty and BMW dealer here were not very good, it kept going in and they updated software etc, but never resolved the issue, now warranty has run out they only have interest if I pay to have it looked at,, my question is, if I buy a new or used radar, does it need to be coded to the car or can I just swap it out

Just getting a bit fed up with it now as cruise control turns off etc etc

I only have Carly and no real errors that look like they are related to the radar, I do have an enet cable but no software, any suggestions or thoughts

Love my car but this is getting to me now and starting to think about getting rid of it

Thanks people

Cliff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 04:07 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Your dealer should continue to get that fixed. You’ll have record of it being looked at whilst it was under warranty so they should honour that and get it fixed. It’s not your fault they have up to now been unable to do so.

Raise it with bmw head office if they are not prepared to continue working on it under warranty

That’s my view anyway
Appreciate 0